Enrollment for Whole Health Medicine Institute Class of 2019 is now closed.
Thank you for your interest in the Whole Health Medicine Institute. To be
notified when enrollment opens for the Class of 2020, please fill out the form below!
If you or someone you love has been considering enrolling in the Whole Health Medicine Institute, but you’re not quite sure whether this is the right fit for your particular needs—or whether this is the right year to enroll—listen to our free calls.
One with Lissa answering your questions about WHMI and one with 3 past graduates sharing their stories.
We all know medicine is in crisis, and so are those of us who serve the sick and injured. Astronomical numbers of health care providers, especially physicians, suffer from abusive medical training, neglect of self care, unmet physical and emotional needs, compassion fatigue, burnout, chronic illness, addiction, depression, anxiety, broken relationships, loneliness, and PTSD from the traumas we experience and treat without proper emotional and spiritual integration. Trying to practice stellar medicine inside a corrupt system leads to “moral injury,” which was first described as an injury to war veterans. Moral injury is described by researchers as “perpetrating, failing to prevent, bearing witness to, or learning about acts that transgress deeply held moral beliefs and expectations.” Harvard physicians Simon Talbot and Wendy Dean explain that “failing to consistently meet patients’ needs has a profound impact on physician wellbeing — this is the crux of consequent moral injury.”
It’s time to heal this moral injury in health care providers so we can heal our broken system. You don’t have to accept the status quo as normal. But we can’t expect someone else to fix it for us. We can’t blame the system because we ARE the system. Which means we are not helpless. We have the power to change it.
WE ARE THE ONES WE’VE BEEN WAITING FOR.
As health care providers, we are so programmed to self-sacrifice that we hardly notice how much we’re suffering. Then something collapses—your health, your marriage, your job, your financial security, your family, your sanity, your will to live. Suddenly, you wake up. And then—with clear seeing—you can’t un-see what you’ve finally seen. You know something must change. Sometimes, it’s a matter of life and death. But always, it’s a bubbling up in your chest that says, “I know there’s something more . . . ” It comes as a longing born in the truth of your deep heart to experience more meaning, more passion, more vitality—and to reclaim your calling as a true healer, one who tends not just to bodies, but to souls.
This deep knowing beckons you into “the space between stories,” when one story has ended and the next has not yet begun. You’re not sure what to do, how to be. You’re not sure if you’re supposed to leave medicine—or leave your marriage—or move across the world with only your backpack.
As Charles Eisenstein writes:
“The challenge in our culture is to allow yourself to be in that space, to trust that the next story will emerge when the time in between has ended, and that you will recognize it . . . So please, if you are in the sacred space between stories, allow yourself to be there. It is frightening to lose the old structures of security, but you will find that even as you might lose things that were unthinkable to lose, you will be OK. There is a kind of grace that protects us in the space between stories.”
Maybe you’re in that space between stories now. Maybe you’re an MD, DO, psychologist, nurse practitioner, physician’s assistant, nurse midwife, or other certified health care provider who feels inspired to be part of the solution, but you’re not quite sure how.
Maybe you’ve already left your job inside the medical system, but you have no idea what’s next. Or maybe you’re still slogging along in a managed care environment, fantasizing about how you can offer your gifts to a world in need of your love, but you have no idea how to get unstuck.
Maybe you dream of offering patients a different kind of medicine—one that incorporates not just what Western medicine has to offer, but also the kind of mind, body, heart, and soul medicine indigenous healers, shamans, and energy healers have been practicing for millennia. But how does a physician even begin to learn what initiated healers spend decades learning from their lineage traditions?
Maybe you’ve thought about hanging up a shingle and starting an integrative medicine practice or getting certified in functional medicine, so you can offer a cash-based service that gives you a way out of the system. But perhaps something inside of you is feeling “off” about selling expensive supplements and ordering pricey specialty laboratory tests, much of which is untested and not evidence-based. Maybe you sense, deep down, that patients won’t really get better until you address the psycho-spiritual roots of illness and delve into the unhealed traumas that keep people sick.
Maybe you’ve fantasized about using your medical expertise to teach online programs, lead workshops, deliver keynotes, write books, or offer health coaching virtually. Maybe you’ve considered getting further training in CAM modalities like energy medicine, acupuncture, or naturopathic medicine.
Or perhaps you’ve dreamed of ditching it all and pursuing a creative career as a writer, an artist, a musician, or a vegan chef.
If this sounds like you, Lissa Rankin, MD & the rest of the Whole Health Medicine Institute Faculty have developed a unique, specialized training program just for you and the tribe you haven’t met yet.
ENROLLMENT IS NOW OPEN FOR THE WHOLE HEALTH MEDICINE INSTITUTE CLASS OF 2018
This program was developed in response to the desperate plea among health care providers to find support in healing themselves while learning alternative ways to offer their healing gifts to a world in need of their love, intuition, intelligence, and integrity.
This is your invitation to THRIVE again. To SERVE with your whole heart again. To BE the healer you know you truly are.
Who Qualifies For The Whole Health Medicine Institute?
In order to qualify as a Whole Health Medicine Institute student, you must qualify for licensure in your field as a health care provider or therapist. You may have retired or taken a leave of absence, so you do not have to be actively licensed or currently practicing. But you must be a health care provider or therapist in a field of health care that offers licensure. This list does not include all qualifying degrees, but for example, health care providers and therapists who qualify for licensure include MD’s, DO’s, ND’s, DC’s, DOM, DAOM, PA’s, CNM’s, NP’s, CNS, RD, MSW’s, MFT’s, and PhD’s in psychology, whereas life coaches and health coaches without other degrees do not qualify for licensure.
Is Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Right For You?
Take this little pop quiz to find out.
- You were called to the field of health care, but you worry that you may have made a mistake.
- You’re feeling pressured to conform to a model that feels way too constricting for someone with as expansive a vision as you have.
- You’d love to be free of the insurance-based health care system.
- You’d love to use your gifts as a healer to spend up to an hour with your clients while getting well paid for your time. Maybe you’d even love to write books or help others via public speaking. But you have no clue where to start.
- You’re so exhausted from overwork that you have no clue how you’d muster up the energy to transform your career into something that fulfills rather than drains you.
- You suspect that, with the right guidance, illness can be a vehicle for personal and spiritual awakening.
- You know, deep in your soul, that you were put here on this earth to help people remember that each human is imbued with a spark of divinity that makes us all precious and unique.
- You long to find a community of like-minded visionary health care providers who will remind you that you are never alone.
- You’re ready to expand how you practice medicine, and you’re looking for the right mentors to help you take a leap of faith.
- You want to stay in your current job, but you need help finding more meaning, fulfillment, and sense of connection with the calling that drew you to your field in the first place.
- You feel called—the way a priest is called to the priesthood—to help others heal, transform, connect, love, create, succeed, and thrive, but you feel thwarted from expressing your true gifts inside the current health care system.
- You feel like your motivations for entering the field of health care were pure, but you now feel out of alignment with your true calling.
- You would love to find a way to enjoy more meaning, fulfillment, and a sense of mission and purpose in your work.
- You tend to get behind in your work because you care too much to rush with your patients.
- You sense that unhealed trauma lies behind many chronic illnesses that Western medicine fails to cure.
- You find yourself drawn to spirituality, animals, alternative forms of healing, art, music, craft-making, or other creative pursuits.
- You wonder whether you might have been a shaman if you had been born into an indigenous village.
- You sense that something’s out of alignment with how medicine is being practiced and instead of feeling victimized by the system, you feel empowered to be part of the solution.
- You had a wake-up call with a health issue of your own—or that of a loved one—that changed everything for you, and now you want to use what you’ve learned from that experience to help clients?
- You have a tendency to over give at the expense of your own health, happiness, sanity, and relationships, believing that to have true value in the world, you have to give until you’re depleted?
- You feel a hard to explain pain in your heart when practicing managed care medicine because all those restrictions interfere with the sacredness of the doctor-patient relationship.
- You’re ready to stop complaining about health care and start being proactive about opening doors to a lucrative, fulfilling, revolutionary way to use your gifts instead.
- You feel in your gut that clients would achieve better outcomes if they were more personally invested in their healing journey and accepted more responsibility for why they’re sick and how they might get better.
- You relish a way to be well paid while spending more quality time with your patients.
- You dream of channeling your medical expertise and wisdom into writing books, teaching online programs, leading workshops, or doing more public speaking.
- You yearn to serve your community by taking leadership as a pioneer of the new medicine, while seeing patients in a way that left you feeling smack dab in the middle of your purpose?
- You would relish a way to be well paid while spending more quality time with your patients.
- You have yourself reading this invitation while feeling a strong, inexplicable pull to sign up for this program? (Seriously, MANY of our applicant’s report feeling this way!)
If you resonate with at least a few of these, you may be one of us—the team of visionary healers who will help transform health care from the inside out, starting with healing ourselves and restoring our co-creative power, so we can bring our grounded imagination, vitality, passion, and wholeness to a system in need of our love, brilliance, and service.
The Whole Health Medicine Institute Is ONLY Right For You If:
- You’re seeking a MORE MEANINGFUL, more nurturing, more healing way to interact with others.
- You’re not fully satisfied with how health care is being delivered and received, and you at least feel a nudge toward BEING A LEADER in the quest to revolutionize health care.
- You’re curious about how you might CRAFT A UNIQUE CAREER PATH for yourself that opens doors, opens minds, generates financial abundance, and helps a whole lot of people.
- You’re willing to be brave enough to do the same sort of PERSONAL AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH WORK you’ll be asking your clients to do.
- You’re ready to commit to a radical way to combine MIND-BODY MEDICINE PRACTICES, COMMUNICATION SKILLS, & CONVENTIONAL MEDICINE.
- You’re ready to be FIERCE about FOLLOWING YOUR INTUITION, TRUSTING YOUR HEALING SUPERPOWERS, AND TAKING ACTION toward achieving your visionary goals, even if the path you find yourself on may feel scary at times (in a giddy, butterflies-in-your-stomach, exciting way).
- You are willing to be DECISIVE, SEEK (AND SPEAK) YOUR TRUTH, and CLAIM what you want out of this one wild and precious life.
- You’re willing and able to FULLY commit to your own professional and personal growth. You will not achieve the results we know are possible for you unless you show up fully, ask for support when you need it, and follow through on the actions steps you’ll help co-create.
- You’re willing to be OPEN-MINDED, OPEN-HEARTED, and TRY NEW IDEAS and experiences that will help you grow.
- You have a BIG DREAM for the kind of radically vital life you wish to manifest, and you’re interested in helping others achieve the same sorts of big dreams.
- You do NOT need to already have a clear idea of HOW to achieve what you desire, either personally or professionally. You merely have to know—just know—that you’re done settling for how most health care providers spend their careers and lives.
- You have to have a strong desire to change the rules, make a difference, and help people transform not just their health, but their lives. You have to be ready to play bigger than you ever have so far.
You do NOT need to already have a clear idea of HOW to achieve what you desire, either personally or professionally. You merely have to know—just know—that you’re done settling for how most health care providers spend their careers and lives. You have to have a strong desire to change the rules, make a difference, and help people transform not just their health, but their lives. You have to be ready to play bigger than you ever have so far.
This program is for visionary health care providers and physicians who are tired of the status quo, are ready for change, are sick of playing small, and are 1,000% committed to bringing into the world what yearns to be born.
(Yes, we’re talking about you!)
You Belong Here
You may think you made a mistake by becoming a health care provider or therapist. All those years. All that training. All that money. All those long hours. All that self-sacrifice. All those other passions and relationships you didn’t pursue because you were so committed to your calling. Yet here you are, wondering, “How did I end up here?”
Let us reassure you. You did not make a mistake. You belong here.
Let us repeat that again. YOU BELONG HERE.
You were probably called to practice medicine or psychology because you have the heart of a healer, and you are part of a lineage of healers that predates conventional medicine by millennia. Yet our health care system may have left you feeling dissociated from this lineage. Whether you work in an office, a hospital, or you’ve left medicine altogether, you may feel frustrated with feeling pressured to see more and more patients in less and less time. Or maybe you’ve hung out a shingle in a cash-based practice in order to have more quality time with your patients, but now you’re struggling to create a thriving practice that pays the bills. Or maybe you’re still in the space between stories, wondering what’s next, without a clue where you’ll land.
If this sounds like you, you are SO not alone. You belong in medicine, just maybe not the way you’ve been conditioned to practice it.
Most of the teachers at the Whole Health Medicine Institute once felt exactly the same way you might be feeling now—because they knew they had a deeper purpose in life, but their true calling was a mystery that required them to go on a hero’s journey in search of the holy grail. They all embarked upon the kind of journey YOU are already on right now. Such a journey requires a leap of faith.
“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”—Martin Luther King, Jr.
Are you ready to take the first step?
Whole Health Medicine Institute Testimonials
I had practiced integrative family medicine, and I loved my profession of medicine overall, however, personally, I was at a crossroads as to how I wanted to practice as a physician . . .
When I embarked on a quest to learn more about Lissa’s revolutionary approach to wellbeing, it was because I knew the health system was broken and that I was broken within it . . .
The Whole Health Medicine Institute came into my life at just the right moment. I felt the familiar pressures in my medical practice to see more patients, meet budget . . .
Words simply cannot express what transformation I have undergone by being involved in the Whole Health Medicine Institute! I have found new meaning in my work . . .
When I heard about the Whole Health Medicine Institute, I thought: “Great! Here’s someone who ‘gets’ the problems in medicine today. Being exposed to such great thought . . .
See all testimonials . . .
Praise for Lissa Rankin, MD, and Mind Over Medicine
“Dr. Lissa Rankin’s role in reminding doctors of our ancient lineage as healers is heart-opening, life-changing, and what medicine is really all about. I applaud her and highly recommend her work. What a pleasure it is to see the next generation of physicians waking up to what I call real medicine—the kind that acknowledges our true power to heal and be well.”
“Medical training needs to provide not just medical information about disease and drugs, but a true education about caring for people and what they are experiencing. It also needs to prepare doctors for what they will experience when truly caring for people and not just treating a disease. There is a big difference between detached concern and rational caring. Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute training program helps to provide doctors with what is needed in order to give up the delusion that we are medical deities so we can remember who we are as doctors.”
“Lissa Rankin, MD clearly states what many health care providers (not to mention patients) already know: the way our society’s physicians are trained, pressured, and overworked is in many ways inimical to the process of healing. In her life, her work, and her words, Dr. Rankin demonstrates a new way to combine the brilliance of modern science with the wisdom of the heart. Anyone who will ever need a doctor, and certainly anyone who will ever be a doctor, will be enriched and enlightened by her ideas. Just reading MIND OVER MEDICINE is a genuinely healing experience.”
“Body and spirit are twins: God only knows which is which,’ Swinburne wisely said more than a century ago. But for most of the twentieth century, the body has hogged the show. Now consciousness, mind, and spirit are back in center stage in medicine. In Mind Over Medicine, Dr. Lissa Rankin shows why. This is a compelling, clear, and reader-friendly vision of where medicine and healing are headed, written by an expert medical insider who’s been there. Buy two copies—one for you and one for your doctor.”
Whole Health Medicine Institute Founder Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Story
When I took a leap of faith and left my stable, lucrative, and stressful job as a full-time physician in a busy managed care OB/GYN practice, I knew I was called to be a healer, but practicing medicine that way was sucking my soul dry. Seeing 40 clients a day—often double booked in 15-minute slots—just wasn’t what I was called to do. I was told I wasn’t supposed to love my patients, but I loved my patients, and I knew they deserved more than seven minutes of my time. At the end of every day, I felt depleted, not just because I was exhausted from working 36 hour shifts every fourth night and 72 hour call shifts every few weekends, but because I knew I had so much more to offer and my heart longed to serve in a way that felt in alignment with my integrity.
On top of all that, by the time I was 33, I was twice-divorced, I was taking seven pharmaceuticals that weren’t working for a host of chronic health conditions that plagued me, and I couldn’t remember the last time I had really laughed or felt vital. I fantasized about how “normal” people lived and dreamed of one day being happy—maybe after I retired at 65.
Then my Perfect Storm hit. I gave birth to my daughter by C-section, my dog died, my brother wound up in the ICU in full blown liver failure as a side effect from the Zithromax he was taking for a sinus infection, and my beloved father (also a physician) died from metastatic melanoma. Six months later, when I was just starting to breathe again, my then husband, who was the stay home daddy for our newborn, cut two fingers off his hand with a table saw and couldn’t care for our daughter.
All hell broke loose. I wound up asking myself, “If I knew I had only three months left to live—the way my father did—would I be doing what I’m doing now?” My answer was a resounding “Hell no!” And this realization changed everything.
When I asked myself the first thing I would change, I was horrified to realize the first thing I would do if I found out I was dying was to quit my job. But I couldn’t do that! I had a newborn, an unemployed husband, two mortgages, and a boatload of debt. But when I searched my soul, I kept coming up with the same answer. I couldn’t keep selling out my happiness, health, relationships, and integrity in exchange for the security my job provided. So, I took a huge leap of faith and quit.
Leaving my conventional medical practice was a huge risk. My then husband wasn’t bringing in a paycheck, we had a newborn, and I had no idea what I’d do to pay the bills. We had to sell the two houses, liquidate my retirement account, and move to the country in order to afford to pay the $120,000 medical malpractice tail I had to cough up in order to buy my freedom. But what choice did I have? I just wasn’t willing to keep slogging away for the next 30 years until one day, I could finally start living.
So, I leaped. I spent two years painting, writing, living off credit cards, and racking up $200,000 worth of debt during what I came to call my “waiting and becoming” years. It wasn’t easy. I was anxious most of the time, and the people who loved me thought I had officially lost my marbles. I had to protect myself with a mostly artificial bubble of supposed “fearlessness.” But deep down, I was plagued with self-doubt, and the fearful voices inside my busy mind chattered away incessantly.
Yet, somehow, deep down, I knew I could never go back. The roots of my future had started digging into the soil, and I could only move forward, in spite of all evidence that the path I was blazing was more of a cautionary tale than an inspiration.
I almost bailed and ran back to the hospital, tail between my legs, dozens of times during this “waiting and becoming” time. I was falling deeper and deeper into debt, and the recruiters were calling incessantly, tempting me to betray my intuition and offering me the big bucks if only I was willing to return to the conventional medical system.
But everything in my heart screamed, “No! There’s something else you’re supposed to do, if only you can trust the unknown.” I had to tap into something deep and quiet within, something essentially true, a voice I ultimately came to call my “Inner Pilot Light.”
My Inner Pilot Light led me to start a cash-based practice in Marin County near San Francisco, where most of my patients were “health nuts” doing everything right—but they were some of the sickest people I’d ever met. I was baffled. I mean, these folks received the very best Western medicine has to offer at universities like Stanford and UCSF, they drank their daily green juice, ate a vegan diet, worked out with personal trainers, slept eight hours a night, took dozens of supplements, and saw their naturopath, their acupuncturist, and took yoga classes. But their symptoms were only getting worse.
Compare this to when I worked in a clinic where many of my patients were from the inner city of Chicago. I understood why they were sick. They ate poorly, rarely exercised, smoked, drank, didn’t listen to the doctor, and got sick. That made sense to me. But the patients in Marin didn’t. From everything I had learned in medical school, these people should have been in perfect health. But many of my patients had chronic pain, they suffered from recurrent infections, they felt chronically fatigued, they experienced headaches, skin disorders, food and upper respiratory allergies, gastrointestinal distress and autoimmune dysfunction. Why were these people so sick when they were doing everything “right?”
So, I tried to help my patients by running batteries of tests—some of them common, some of them specialized. I tried offering them natural supplements and dietary modifications instead of drugs. And, yes, sometimes my patients would get better from those interventions. But mostly, I’d find nothing earth-shattering, the supplements wouldn’t help much, and I’d wind up shrugging my shoulders. It was clear that there was still a big, missing piece of the health care puzzle, but I just couldn’t figure out what it was.
So, the first thing I decided to do was change my patient intake form. I started asking some of the questions we now teach in the Whole Health Medicine Institute, questions that pierced right to the heart of how patients were not living in alignment with their souls or how unhealed trauma was leaving its mark. Most of my patients wound up in tears, and then they’d open up to me and share with me the most intimate revelations and the most touching heartbreaks. They seemed to know deep in their own hearts what their bodies needed in order to heal, and yet they were scared to do what they knew they must. I was shocked at how intuitive my patients were when I asked the right questions, and how quickly they started having “spontaneous” remissions when those who were brave enough started following their own prescriptions and radically transforming the way they were living their lives. I knew I had stumbled across something that would radically change how we practice medicine. I had full body goosebumps, over and over, but I had no idea what to do with these insights.
As a physician, I knew it wasn’t enough to treat only the biochemical elements of a healthy lifestyle. Sure, diet, exercise, a good night’s sleep, and taking your vitamins are key to a healthy life. But if you’re in an abusive marriage, you hate your job, you feel spiritually disconnected, you feel creatively thwarted, you can’t stand where you live, and you haven’t found a feeling of belonging within a supportive community, no drug, surgery, supplement, or diet plan is going to cure you for long.
I came to believe that the body is a mirror of how we live our lives. By digging deep into the medical literature for proof of what I was coming to believe, I found evidence that our bodies sometimes have the power to enable radical remissions from seemingly “incurable” diseases when we change our beliefs and how we think about our health while doing whatever it takes to bring our bodies into harmony with what is true in our relationships, our professional lives, our creative lives, our sex lives, our environment, our financial lives, and more. This realization felt profoundly transformational to me—and I wanted the world to know it.
What ensued was a burning desire to create a revolution in health care, to change how we think about health and healing, and to start a grassroots campaign to shift the paradigm of modern medicine. I started spreading the ideas that were pouring into me like a waterfall—first on my blog, then in my books Mind Over Medicine and The Fear Cure, as well as on two widely-viewed National Public Television specials about my work. I gave four TEDx talks that have had over four million views, and I’ve shared this message on stages and in retreat centers across the globe. I’ve lectured to doctors, nurses, insurance adjusters, pastors, psychologists, energy healers, and spiritual teachers who are all incorporating this work into how they practice.
But here’s the kicker. As I was spreading these ideas, I started getting hundreds of emails from patients across the globe asking where they can find doctors and other health care providers who embrace similar ideas about health. But I didn’t know where to refer these often desperate, sometimes even terminally ill patients. I know many wonderful functional medicine and integrative medicine doctors, but even still, these ways of practicing, while so much more holistic than managed care practice models, are still largely biochemically based allopathic models. Even functional and integrative medicine philosophies, such as those taught in Dr. Andrew Weil’s Integrative Medicine fellowship, often focus primarily on supplements, herbal treatments, natural medicine, and alternative medicine treatments such as acupuncture or homeopathy. I support any treatment modality a patient believes will help, so I’m a big fan of all these modalities. But I think even the most alternative treatments are insufficient if the health care provider isn’t addressing unhealed trauma, areas where a patient’s life is out of alignment with the soul’s true nature, and other mind-body-spirit factors.
I finally came to realize I needed to develop a training program to teach what I’ve learned so I could certify physicians and other qualified health care providers to practice Whole Health Medicine. We know it will take a village to heal health care and change how we all view health. We need your help in order to lead the troops in the mission to transform our system. You are the spiritual warriors who will bring the heart of medicine back to the center of our profession, and we are so grateful you are among us.
How will the Whole Health Medicine Institute change everything for you?
PROFESSIONAL RESULTS (How this program will grow your medical practice or visionary business.)
- Inclusion in a community of like-minded doctors and health care providers committed to lifting each other up and bringing their visions to life, who will be your mastermind buddies and who may become JV partners, affiliates, sources of referrals, and contributors to your business.
- Practical guidance on how to encourage clients to stop turning over responsibility for their health and wellness to others so they can play a more active role in the healing process.
- Tips for how to apply the Whole Health Cairn wellness model as a way to counsel clients back to optimal health in all aspects of their lives.
- How to help clients reduce “stress responses” in the body and activate the “relaxation responses” that are necessary for the body’s innate self-healing mechanisms to kick in, thereby increasing your clients’ chances of spontaneous remission.
- How to hold sacred, loving space for clients as they navigate illness.
- How to facilitate a 6-step process intended to help clients heal themselves.
- Enjoy the personal and professional joy of watching chronically ill clients transform their lives.
- Tips for integrating medicine and spirituality without getting all “churchy” on your clients or alienating those with different beliefs.
- Marketing tips that will equip you to grow your practice.
- Tools for how your might turn your visionary dreams into a fulfilling and lucrative entrepreneurial business.
- Information on how you might create a practice that lets you set your hours, choose how much vacation time you get, and potentially, work from anywhere you have a phone or a computer.
- An exploration of ways you can spend more time with your clients, reduce administrative hassles, and connect with your clients on a satisfying and meaningful soul level.
- Tips for getting in touch with your intuition.
- How to master social media as a way to attract your tribe, find clients, and spread your message.
- Tools for how you might amplify your business online so you can start generating passive revenue and stop exclusively trading dollars for hours.
- Guidance on how to transform your visionary ideas into publishable books, online courses, coaching programs, and other fulfilling and lucrative ways to expand your business outside the hospital or office.
- For those choosing to stay in a managed care model of medicine, completion of this program will lead to greater patient satisfaction, greater personal satisfaction, better patient outcomes, and a reconnection with the meaning of your work.
- Tips for writing a book proposal, finding the right way to publish your book, and launching it into the world.
- Access to the wisdom and teachings of pioneers in the fields of mind-body medicine and life coaching.
- Greater job satisfaction—finding meaning in your job as a healer and reclaiming your sense of mission and purpose.
- The potential for freedom from an increasingly dysfunctional medical system and liberation from the frustrations inherent in feeling like you’re at the mercy of the powers that be.
PERSONAL & SPIRITUAL RESULTS (How this program will benefit your personal growth, your soul, and your relationships.)
- A chance to finally rest, reconnect, commune, and nourish yourself after years of exhaustion.
- Support with healing from the traumas we endure during our medical education and medical practices.
- Nurturing care while we learn to take down the armor we may have built around our hearts as an adaptive part of our training.
- Guidance with getting out of your own way, identifying limiting, self-sabotaging beliefs, and overcoming fear, anxiety, and worry so you can step into your visionary physician dreams.
- A deeper connection to your “Inner Pilot Light” (that 100% authentic, inner healer, always-lit, never-extinguished, freak-flag-flying spark of the Divine within you).
- Assistance with learning that, in order to truly heal the world, you must stop depleting yourself and fill yourself first.
- Tools for tapping into co-creative energy in service to your vision.
- Guidance with learning a more feminine way to surrender to Divine Will and trust that if what we desire is aligned, we will receive Divine guidance to help bring into being that which is meant for us.
- Opening up a clear channel between you and a Higher Power.
- Skills for noticing, translating, interpreting, and discerning spiritual guidance.
- Skills for coming into right relationship with uncertainty and the fears, limiting beliefs, and self-sabotaging behaviors that hold you back.
- Building trust that whatever happens, with your clients and in your life, is for the highest good and does not equal failure.
- Meditations to help you bolster aspects of your whole health.
PHYSICAL HEALTH RESULTS (How this program will benefit your personal health.)
- In this program, you will have a chance to be the patient—even if you’re not sick—so you can be a better healer and learn how to unlock your true, enlivened, impassioned vitality.
- Gain insight into what it’s like for clients to go through the vulnerable, transformational process you will be guiding them through.
- Assess your own Whole Health Cairn.
- Reconnect with your physical body and the wisdom of what its signals are telling you (many healers have disconnected from the somatic self—we’re walking cerebrums who have numbed out, which unplugs us from the body’s innate intuition).
- Feel greater sensory awareness (finely tune your body compass—and yes, even enjoy better sex!).
- Diagnose any underlying root causes of illnesses or health challenges in your own life.
- Craft “The Prescription” for yourself. Uncover what is out of balance in your life—and how can you optimize your own personal health.
- Learn how to decrease stress responses in your own body and activate more relaxation responses as both preventative health and treatment.
- Watch your own health improve—and convince yourself that these processes really work!
- Learn how to triple your energy so you have the stamina to achieve your visionary dreams.
MENTAL HEALTH RESULTS (How this program will leave you with a happier, healthier, quieter, more peaceful mind.)
- Fully experience your emotions again (yes, medicine tends to disconnect us from the richness of our emotional experience. And yes, when you cut off sadness, you cut off joy.
- Watch yourself wake up and feel the richness and aliveness of your feelings!).
- Open the heart you may have closed in order to protect yourself from the pain of loss inherent in medicine.
- Let more love, tenderness, and softness into your life.
- Discover how balancing your Whole Health Cairn leaves you feeling happier, less irritable, and more aligned with your authentic self.
- Free yourself from fear, depression, and anxiety.
- Appreciate the ability to feel whatever you feel—happy, sad, angry, frustrated, blissful, melancholy—so the feelings can pass through you without getting stuck and potentially causing illness.
- Free yourself from circular thoughts that spiral you down.
What Does The Whole Health Medicine Institute Include?
- 3 Day Live, In Person Heal The Healer Retreat
- 3 Day Live, In Person Fulfill Your Calling Retreat
- 6–New, Cutting Edge WHMI Core Curriculum Calls With Lissa & WHMI Faculty
- The “Best of The Whole Health Medicine Institute” Core Curriculum 24 Teleclasses Taught By Lissa Rankin & WHMI Faculty
- 1–60 minute LIVE Orientation call with Lissa
- 1–60 minute LIVE Wrap Up Call with Lissa
- 4–LIVE Q&A calls with Lissa
- Mastermind Groups With Your Fellow WHMI Colleagues
- Visionary Ignition Switch—14 teleclasses for visionary entrepreneurs ($2000 value)
- Customize Your Medical Practice Business Development Package (6 additional LIVE 60 minute Teleclasses about Your Medical Business)
- Medicine For The Soul teleclass with Lissa Rankin & Rachel Naomi Remen ($197 value)
- Whole Health Medicine Institute Book Club
- Private Whole Health Medicine Institute Facebook forum
- Optional Whole Health Medicine Institute Certification
The Whole Health Medicine Institute Is By APPLICATION ONLY. To Be Considered As A WHMI Student:
FIRST . . . Complete your application. While completing an application does not commit you to
SECOND . . . qualified applicants will be personally interviewed by Lissa. So please have your application completed between July 26—September 14 so we have time to get you on Lissa’s interview schedule.
THIRD . . . If accepted into the program, Pearl will guide you through payment options and next steps.
FOURTH . . . The Whole Health Medicine Institute Class of 2018 officially begins October 19! After this date, we will put you on a waiting list for the Class of 2019.
NOTE: The program enrollment is first
All applications must be received by September 14 for consideration into the Whole Health Medicine Institute Class of 2018. If you are accepted into the program, payment is due by October 15 to guarantee your spot. After October 15, you will be placed on the waiting list for the Class of 2019.
THE WHOLE HEALTH MEDICINE INSTITUTE THREE PILLARS
The Whole Health Medicine Institute is built upon WHMI’s 3 Pillars.
WHMI Pillar #1: Heal The Healer
We can change the health care system. But first, we must heal ourselves. While many health care providers do not realize how much they are in need of healing, every single WHMI graduate agrees that the Heal The Healer facet of WHMI is one of the most radically transformational aspects of the program. Because the health care system is so wounding, many health care providers, especially physicians, suffer from undiagnosed PTSD and burnout, as well as health problems, addictions, depression, and anxiety, largely as a result of the self-sacrificing martyr patterns that lead
WHMI Pillar #2: Core Curriculum
The Whole Health Medicine Institute has been training health care providers to facilitate with patients the “6 Steps To Healing Yourself,” as outlined in Lissa Rankin, MD’s Mind Over Medicine philosophy, as shared in her New York Times bestselling book, featured on two National Public Television specials, and communicated in four TEDx talks. The “6 Step” program has evolved over the years in response to Lissa’s seven years of research with shamans, energy healers, Qigong masters, Balinese healers, trauma therapists, energy psychologists, and indigenous healers from across the globe. The 2018 core curriculum will include some of the unpublished findings Lissa will include in the third book in the Mind Over Medicine trilogy—Sacred Medicine. Lissa teaches the 6 Steps herself, but dozens of other expert medical, psychology, and spiritual faculty flesh out the steps with their own unique philosophies and tools.
WHMI Pillar #3: Business Development
At WHMI, we are committed to making sure we are not one of those “aspirational” programs. You know the ones . . . the ones that charge you lots of money to learn a new skill, hooking you with the hope that you’ll be able to make a career out of your new skill, without making it clear that your new skill will never translate into a successful business unless you have excellent business and marketing tools, a courageous, risk-taking, entrepreneurial mindset, and an actionable model that will help you translate your new knowledge, awareness, tools, and wisdom into a practical, grounded, thriving business that actually pays the bills and allows you to bring your unique gifts into a world in need of your gifts. The Business Development pillar includes tools to help you craft a dream practice outside the conventional medical model, recruit your ideal patients, build an online presence, fill workshops, publish your book, teach teleclasses, develop and sell your own high end programs (like this one), or monetize some of your creative passions.
HEAL THE HEALER: A 3 Day Intensive Retreat With LISSA RANKIN
Oct. 19, 2018 @ 10:00 a.m. – Oct. 21, 2018 @ 5:00 p.m.
The Whole Health Medicine Institute will kick off with a 3-day, hands-on, jump-right-in transformational workshop aimed at interrupting limiting beliefs and patterns of self-sabotage, shifting your mindset, healing trauma, and activating the powerful, soulful connection to your “Inner Pilot Light” that will guide you, not just through this program, but into the fulfillment of your truest calling and a richer, deeper, more meaningful life. This workshop is mandatory for those seeking certification.
In this live, in-person workshop, you can expect to:
- Begin to heal—from the depths of your soul—past traumas, particularly those inflicted by the medical system itself
- Meet the people you will mastermind with, get an overview of the WHMI content, review the 6 Steps To Healing Yourself and discuss WHMI certification options
- Open your heart, which may have shut down as a result of navigating the health care system
- Illuminate and heal from the helplessness that plagues many health care providers so you can step fully into your power as a leader in your field
- Recommit to your calling so you realize you DO belong in your field, even if you’ve felt disconnected from it
- Start the WHMI transformation that will grant you new eyes, open you back up to joy, fundamentally change how you
practice,and give you new life
- Tap into the spiritual realm that will make you the best healer possible
- Develop relationships with other healers who’ve actually experienced what you’ve experienced
- Learn to trust the wisdom of your intuition, which will guide your life and your practice
- Set clear intentions about what you hope to garner from the program, so you can take steps towards manifesting your visionary dreams
- Brainstorm and decide upon the “Heal Health Care Now” project you will embark upon with your colleagues
- Dance. Sing. Snuggle.
- Laugh—a lot!
FULFILL YOUR CALLING: A 3 Day Retreat Intensive Retreat With LISSA RANKIN
April 5, 2019 @ 10:00 a.m. – April 7, 2019 @ 5:00 p.m.
The Whole Health Medicine Institute will wrap up with a 3-day purpose-oriented, “all hands on deck,” practical integration of everything you’ve learned during the 5-month program. We will support you with strategies and tools to help you figure out what’s next with your career, how to come out of the closet with your passion, how to consider all the nuts and bolts of applying what you’ve learned in a way that helps you bring your gifts to the world while still making sure the bills get paid, and how to get straight to work healing health care NOW—in your own unique expression of whatever that means to you at the soul level. This workshop is mandatory for those seeking certification.
In this live, in-person workshop, you can expect to:
- Focus on getting clear with your values and priorities so you can restore meaning to your work, without selling your soul for a paycheck or giving up
- Hear from other doctors who have left the conventional system and are thriving with alternative ways to use their medical and healing gifts
- Participate in a group mentoring session with Lissa, based on the tools she uses with her one-on-one Visionary Mentoring Program, to help you get clear on the inspired actions that might arise from clarity around your calling
- Reorient your inner compass, so you have all the tools you need to make aligned decisions moving forward
- Crystallize your relationships with your WHMI colleagues, so collaborations are possible, ongoing support is established, and you know you won’t be alone venturing out into the new world you are co-creating
- Participate in a live mastermind with your mastermind group, so you can get personal support and prepare to keep masterminding after WHMI is over (should you choose to do so)
- Write your own Prescription for the kind of healing practice that thrills, delights, and relaxes you, the one that only you can create, which is customized to your unique gifts, passions, desires, and soul-led calling (this applies whether you’re staying inside the conventional system or creating your own
- Celebrate how brave you’ve been and how far you’ve come with your fellow WHMI graduates!
The Heal The Healer Retreat and the Fulfill Your Calling Retreat will both take place at the stunning Acqua Hotel in Mill Valley, California. The venue is just minutes from San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge, and numerous attractions in case you wish to extend your stay in the Bay Area.
You will be responsible for:
- Air and ground transportation (For $22, the Marin Airporter will transport you from SFO to within a 5-minute Lyft/Uber/Cab ride from the Acqua.)
- Lodging at the Acqua Hotel (Discounts will be available, or you are free to stay elsewhere if you prefer.)
- You will be on your own for meals. Your confirmed Acqua Hotel reservation includes an American Breakfast buffet each morning and an evening wine reception. Several excellent restaurants are within walking distance of the Acqua Hotel.
NEW 2018 CUTTING EDGE WHMI
FACULTY “CORE CURRICULUM” TELECLASSES
Every year, Lissa meets new people working at the cutting edge of Whole Health Medicine. This year, she is wildly excited about the new guest faculty who are coming on board! Every single one of them is completely blowing her mind, transforming her worldview, and striking her with awe. She’s really passionate about the piece of deep soul work and trauma healing that can make the body ripe for miracles
These teleclasses will be offered live with Lissa and the new faculty, so students can interact and ask questions. We are still scheduling dates, but we will add dates and times as soon as we have confirmation.
Gabor Mate, MD, When The Body Says No, Physician Gabor Mate, author of The Body Says No, focuses on the effects of emotional repression on the body and how different personality types predispose people to certain types of illness. He views healthy emotional expression as absolutely necessary to the treatment (and prevention) of illness.
Robert Augustus Masters,
Donna Eden, The Fundamentals of Energy Healing, Donna’s textbook Energy Medicine is one of the original bibles of energy healing. She has trained over 50,000 healers how to reproduce her techniques and is one of the most sought out energy healers alive on the planet right now.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFERINGS:
The “CUSTOMIZE YOUR MEDICAL PRACTICE” Business Development Package
Pamela Wible, MD—Your Ideal Medical Practice
James Maskell—The Evolution Of Medicine: Business Development Tools For Integrative/ Functional Medicine Doctors
Rachel Carlton Abrams, MD—Setting Up An Integrative Medicine Practice
Kay Corpus, MD—Bringing Your Spirituality Out Of The Closet In Your Medical Practice
Mary Louder, MD—Running a Microbusiness Medical Practice With Low Overhead
Christine Gibson, MD—Bringing The Whole Health Cairn To Public Health
This series of six teleclasses features Lissa, as well as physicians Pamela Wible, Rachel Carlton Abrams, and former WHMI graduates Mary Louder, Kay Corpus, and Christine Gibson, who have either transitioned successfully out of the conventional medical system or are working to transform the system from the inside out. These physicians are thriving in unique, customized medical practices that feature the healthcare provider’s unique talents, interests, priorities, strengths, and they’re passionate about sharing what they’ve learned with those who are seeking customized practices that align with their values. Several of the guest faculty for this program are physicians who are former Whole Health Medicine Institute graduates. This package also includes an interview with James Maskell, who supports functional and integrative medicine doctors with business development tools meant to help them fill their practices and optimize their entrepreneurial skills.
The Business Development Package is designed to help support those of you who are seeking to change the way you practice your healing arts. Whether you’re planning to stay in a conventional medical career, you’re looking to start your own Whole Health office or online practice, or you’re exploring other creative alternatives, this series of classes will help you find your own unique, authentic, path of integrity, purpose, and abundance. The first five classes will be offered live, so you can ask your personal questions to Lissa and the guest faculty. The class with Pamela Wible is prerecorded.
*Dates and time to be added as they are confirmed.
2, 60-minute ORIENTATION & WRAP UP CONFERENCE CALLS To welcome you and close the course
- One 60-minute
ORIENTATIONCONFERENCE CALL to welcome you with Lissa Rankin, MD, October 24, 2018, 12:00 pm Pacific Time
- One 60-minute WRAP-UP CONFERENCE CALL to close the course and help you orient your post-WHMI life and career April 17, 2019, 12:00 pm Pacific Time
“The Best Of WHMI Core Curriculum”
24, 75 Minute WHMI CURRICULUM TELECLASSES with Lissa Rankin, MD, and WHMI Faculty
For the first time, we’ve selected the BEST teleclasses from the last five years of the Whole Health Medicine Institute to offer you the breadth of all the wisdom, knowledge, and love that has wafted through WHMI since its inception so you can benefit from how WHMI has been tracking the evolution of consciousness in medicine, while staying right at the cutting edge with new faculty, brought to you live just for this year’s class.
The 24 teleclasses in “The Best of WHMI” were all previously recorded live and are now available for you to listen at your own pace. We will be releasing this content in three modules based on the three pillars of WHMI- Heal The Healer, Core Curriculum, and Business Development. This way, you will be free to listen at your own pace and ask any questions that arise during our four live Q&A calls.
Although we have edited out anything intimate or personal to protect the confidentiality of former students, you will hear their voices in the Q&A sections of the recordings. If you have insights, epiphanies, questions, or triggers, you’ll have the chance to share your experience of listening to these calls with the others in your tribe on the private Facebook forum, as well as during the Q&A calls and live/virtual mastermind groups.
Small Group Masterminds
At your first live retreat, you’ll meet the people you will spend the next five months masterminding with, and you’ll have the chance to mastermind together as you find and fulfill your calling as a true healer in your own unique way. Many of our former WHMI students are still masterminding several years out, so this is one of the most valuable parts of participating in WHMI!
Module 1: How To Use The Whole Health Cairn, with Lissa and Guest Speaker Anne Davin,
Module 2: The Six Steps To Healing Yourself Part I: Steps 1-2, with Lissa and Guest Speaker Kelly Turner,
Module 3: You Are Not A Victim of Your Genes, with Lissa and Guest Speaker Bruce Lipton,
Module 4: Placebo & Nocebo Effects, with Lissa Rankin This
Module 5: The Body As A Compass, with Lissa and Guest Speaker Steve Sisgold This module blends “Core Curriculum” with “Heal The Healer,” as guest teacher Steve Sisgold, author of What’s Your Body Telling You? teaches you how to use your body as a compass, guiding your decision-making, both as a doctor and as a patient. Steve’s work also focuses on how our bodies store limiting, self-sabotaging beliefs, and how even if we change our minds, our bodies may betray us unless we release these beliefs from the body. Steve teaches practical tools you can use on yourself, which will also be helpful when you work with clients.
Module 6: The Healing Power Of Healthy Communication, with Lissa and Guest Speaker Neha Sangwan, MD This module teaches what does it mean to
Module 7: Rewriting Your Life Story Can Heal You, with Lissa and Guest Speaker Joan Borysenko,
Module 8: Love, Medicine & Miracles, with Lissa and Guest Speaker Bernie Siegel, MD This module focuses on how to help clients be “exceptional clients.” Bernie Siegel, author of the classic Love, Medicine & Miracles, will share what he has learned after decades of working with cancer clients about how to help clients achieve the best outcome possible.
Module 9: The Six Steps to Healing Yourself Part II: Steps 3-4, with Lissa and Guest Speaker Anne Davin, PhD This module focuses on Step 3 (Listen to your intuition and trust your body’s wisdom) and Step 4 (Diagnose the root cause of your illness) of the 6 Steps to Healing Yourself. You will be given tools to help facilitate these steps with your clients.
Module 10: A Survey Of Complementary & Alternative Medicine, with Guest Speaker Aviva Romm Depending on whose statistics you trust, somewhere between 38-76% of patients are using complementary and alternative medicine, yet most doctors are not trained to participate as respectful partners with CAM providers. While this module doesn’t teach you to practice any particular CAM modality, it offers you an introduction so you have a sense of who you might refer to in an integrative practice, as well as giving you an opportunity to get a feel for any CAM practice you might wish to become trained to practice as an integrative doctor.
Module 11: Cleansing Foods & One Spirit Medicine, with Lissa and Guest Speaker Alberto Villoldo,
Module 12: Change the World of Healthcare, with Lissa and Guest Speaker Larry Dossey, MD This module focuses on what we as a collective need to do in order to heal our broken health care system. What needs to change externally in the system? What needs to change internally within doctors and clients? What leadership role will you play in being part of the change? Larry Dossey,
Module 13: Body Wise, Guest Teacher Rachel Carlton Abrams, MD This module teaches us that we each have a deep intelligence to make choices to be our biggest best, selves in the world. What does it look like when we take our best/fullest selves, our healing presence, and be that interaction with the patient or client.
Module 14: Integrative & Functional Medicine, Guest Speaker Rachel Carlton Abrams, MD Patients frustrated with overworked,
Module 15: What is the Fundamental Nature of Reality, with Lissa and Guest Speaker Deepak Chopra This module teaches that the universe is a single unified process. Always evolving. Healing is a memory of this wholeness. The physical body is a map of consciousness. Healing is the return of wholeness of consciousness.
Module 16: The Healing Medicine Of Spiritual Surrender, with Lissa and Guest Speaker Christiane Northrup, MD This module teaches us to turn yourself over to your spirit and soul. Trust the Divine. Dr. Northrup takes us through the process of healing with divine love. Setting the intention with divine love according to the creator’s will.
Module 17, The Six Steps To Healing Yourself Part III: Steps 5-6, with Lissa and Guest Teacher Tosha Silver This module focuses on Step 5 (Write your own prescription) and Step 6 (Surrender attachment to outcomes) of the 6 Steps to Healing Yourself. Guest teacher Tosha Silver, author of Outrageous Openness, will teach how Step 6 should really be Step 1. Her teaching focuses on the “how to” of surrender, so we can help our patients do everything within their power to achieve optimal health outcomes, but ultimately, we are not in control, and neither are our patients. In addition to teaching our patients how to create a patient-centered action plan (The Prescription), it is also our responsibility as true healers to guide our patients spiritually and help them learn to let the Divine take the lead in their own lives.
Module 18: Embody Inner Wisdom, with Lissa and Guest Speaker Dr. Sue Morter This module teaches a new approach to
Module 19: Finding Meaning in Medicine, with Lissa and Guest Speaker Rachel Naomi Remen, MD This module focuses on how to let medicine doctor
Module 20: The Medicine Of Unleashing Your Creativity, with Lissa and Guest Speaker SARK This module teaches how to nourish ourselves so we can nourish others. SARK takes us through her 3 I’s system to tune into your “Inner” voices. How to build foundations of self-loving ways to be in the world. Learn how to repair and recover and bounce back.
Module 21: A Mind-Body-Spirit Approach to Chronic Pain, with Lissa and Guest Speaker Brandy Gillmore,
Module 22: The HeartMath System, with Lissa and Guest Teacher Bruce Cryer
Module 23: Introduction To Bio-Identical Hormones, with Guest Teacher Sara
Module 24: The Fear Cure, with Lissa Rankin Once you’ve worked through the 6 Steps To Healing Yourself with a client, you’re likely to run into one big stumbling block—fear. Module 23 shares content from Lissa’s latest book The Fear Cure to help you and your clients overcome unnecessary fear, as well as learn how to differentiate healthy fear from unhealthy fear. You’ll learn practical tools intended to help you and your clients make decisions from the soul’s wisdom rather than the small self’s fears in order to cultivate the kind of courage you’ll need in order to live a soul-driven life.
4, 60 MINUTE GROUP COACHING CALLS with LISSA RANKIN
These Live Q&A calls are designed to provide personalized coaching in a group format to deepen and expand your learning of all the material in the Whole Health Medicine Institute Curriculum, as well as anything that might be coming up for you personally or professionally. You will be responsible for the cost of calling into the US-based conference call line. For international callers, we invite you to try Skype to minimize costs.
All classes will take place at 12:00 pm Pacific Time.
- Group Coaching Call 1: November 29, 2018
- Group Coaching Call 2: January 17, 2019
- Group Coaching Call 3: February 7, 2019
- Group Coaching Call 4: March 14, 2019
*Dates and time subject to change.
VISIONARY IGNITION SWITCH (VIS): Fire Up Your Message, Money & Meaning in the World with Lissa Rankin & Amy Ahlers ($1497 value)
As a WHMI INTENSIVE student, part of the Business Development pillar of the program grants you access to Lissa Rankin and Amy Ahler’s comprehensive business development program Visionary Ignition Switch, which will help guide you into the world of bringing your vision and message online, writing and publishing your book, scaling your one-on-one practice beyond the limitations of the conventional “dollars for hours” model, growing a blog and social media platform that can help you attract cash-based clients, filling workshops and teleclasses, and acquiring the mindset that is necessary for successful entrepreneurs.
This 8-week webinar program is co-taught by Lissa Rankin and Amy Ahlers (along with expert interviews with Firestarters Danielle LaPorte & Linda Sivertsen, President of Hay House Reid Tracy, Tribal Author Jonathan Fields, Crazy Sexy Kris Carr, Author & Speaker Arielle Ford, Expert Speaker Lisa Nichols, EFT Guru Nick Ortner, Entrepreneur Extraordinaire Ryan Lee, Facebook Expert Rosh Khan, Master Coach Alexis Neely, and Financial Whiz Barbara Stanny.
This program teaches you
- Grow your “platform” so you can fill workshops, find the people who need your online programs, and sell your book
- Network in a genuine and integrity-filled way with other visionaries
- Make the right decision for you about self-publishing your book or selling it to a conventional publisher
- Launch your book in a way that helps you reach the people in need of what you have to offer (without activating stress in your life)
- Position yourself as a paid public speaker
- Expand the breadth of who you can serve with scalable online programs that generate passive revenue
- Transform your one-on-one business into platinum offerings that will fulfill you on a deep level, while also bringing in some serious income
- Change your mindset so you can be open to receiving Divine abundance, without sabotaging or blocking your ability to charge what you’re worth
Armed with this business school for visionaries program, you’ll have everything you need to get started in your visionary physician business.
Students have the option of participating in VIS with a recommended schedule for completing this 8-week home-study program.
VIS Module 1: January 7–11, How to Build Your Platform: Build Your List, Rock Social Media, & Attract The Tribe That Will Help You Amplify Your Message
VIS Module 2: January 14–18, Become a Networking God or Goddess: How to Become BFF’s & Business Partners With Your Heroes & Sheroes PLUS the Skinny on Rocking Affiliates, Masterminds, and Joint Venture Partnerships
VIS Module 3: January 21–25, Vision Your Book, Score the Book Deal & Bring Your Book to Life: How To Choose What To Write, Get The Right Agent, Score A Killer Book Deal, & Decide How To Publish
VIS Module 4: January 28–February 1, Launch Your Book to the Stratosphere: How To Optimize Your Chances of a Bestseller, Make Money During Your Launch & Help Your Message Reach the Most Readers
VIS Module 5: February 4–8, Rock The Mic: Tips For Clarifying What You Want To Say, Overcoming Stage Fright, Attracting Paid Speaking Gigs, Selling From The Stage, Hosting LIVE events & Getting on Television
VIS Module 6: February 11–15, Build Your Online Empire: Market & Fill Your Teleclasses & Leave People Begging to Pay You For Your Next Offering
VIS Module 7: February 18–22, The Truth About Monetizing Your Following: Generate Revenue with Your Platform, Leverage Your One-on-One Time & Create Platinum Programs
VIS Module 8: February 25–March 1, Think Platinum & Make It Happen: Get Out of Your Own Way, Send Your Inner Mean Girl/Bully to Time Out, Eliminate Self-Sabotaging Beliefs & Finally Bring Your Vision to Life
WHOLE HEALTH MEDICINE INSTITUTE COMMUNITY FACEBOOK FORUM:
Inclusion in this program will grant you access to a private Facebook forum where you can engage with other participants in the program. Going through a program like this transforms your work, your relationships, and many other facets of your life. When you’re going through a transformational experience, you’ll want to share it with others who get it, voice challenges that arise, seek support when you feel unsteady, and cheer each other on with your big wins. On this forum, you’ll have a chance to share your thoughts, brainstorm ideas, share vulnerabilities, offer feedback, network with like-minded health care providers, find ways to collaborate, and chat about the teleclasses as they’re happening in real time.
MEDICINE FOR THE SOUL with Rachel Naomi Remen & Lissa Rankin ($197 value)
Western medicine has much to
THE WHOLE HEALTH MEDICINE INSTITUTE STUDENT GUIDE
This guide is given
WHOLE HEALTH MEDICINE INSTITUTE BOOK CLUB
LISSA RANKIN’S New York Times Bestselling book MIND OVER MEDICINE—This book will be your primary textbook and will serve as the focal point for much of what you will be trained to do in the core curriculum.
LISSA RANKIN’S THE FEAR CURE—The content in this book will be a key part of the Heal The Healer work you will do on yourself. It will also offer you tools and practices you can use to help patients come into right relationships with their own fears so they can do what they must
LISSA RANKIN’S THE ANATOMY OF A CALLING—This book ties into all three pillars of WHMI—Heal The Healer, Core Curriculum, and Business Development. This book about finding and fulfilling your calling is intended to support you in navigating your own hero’s/ heroine’s journey as we individually and collectively Heal Health Care Now.
OPTIONAL WHOLE HEALTH MEDICINE INSTITUTE “Badge” of Certification:
Some of you will want to experience the Whole Health Medicine Institute as a personal and professional growth experience designed to increase job satisfaction, improve patient outcomes, and optimize your personal health and happiness. But some of you will be going through this program as a way to prepare you for an entrepreneurial Whole Health Medicine business.
If you are applying for this program primarily as a personal growth experience, going through the certification process may not be necessary for you. But if you’re also applying for this program as a professional growth experience you may be interested in earning a Badge of Certification. This Badge grants you the opportunity to be listed as a Lissa Rankin-endorsed referral on the Whole Health Medicine Institute website, which will be linked to from LissaRankin.com and MindOverMedicineBook.com.
If you’re interested in earning the Badge of Certification this process includes:
- Documentation of 10 patient/client hours utilizing the 6 Steps to Healing.
- A written test on the core content of the program.
The Whole Health Medicine Badge of Certification process is designed to assess your interpersonal skills and test your knowledge of the Whole Health Medicine Institute tools. Those who earn the Badge will be held to the highest standards. Badge designation is optional and is not automatic or guaranteed.
All healthcare providers who are granted a Badge of Certification will receive:
- The Whole Health Medicine Institute Badge to place on marketing materials and your website.
- A Whole Health Medicine Institute Health Care Provider listing on Lissa Rankin’s website.
- 10% discount on Lissa Rankin’s future online programs.
- And more . . . (We’re always noodling new cool things to offer those we certify.)
The Badge fee is $149 and is payable at the time you choose to enter the steps towards completion.
This Badge is mandatory if you are interested in being considered as a trainer for future Whole Health Medicine Institute training programs.
Why Get the Badge?
- You want to grow a cash-pay business. In Mind Over Medicine, Lissa’s public television special, Lissa’s TEDx talks and other public speeches, and many blog posts, clients are strongly encouraged to find a health care provider trained to facilitate the self-healing process.
- You want to ensure that you’ve fully integrated what you’ve learned. By undergoing the Badge of completion process, you will receive validation that you have mastered the skills necessary to successfully facilitate the self-healing
process,while integrating it with your health carebackground.
- You want the cache of being affiliated with Lissa Rankin and the Whole Health Medicine Institute. With hundreds of thousands of blog and book readers, TEDx talk viewers, PBS viewers, and social media followers, Lissa’s reach and reputation
lendsvalue to your business.
- You’re interested in being considered as a Whole Health Medicine Institute trainer. As a graduate of this program who has earned the Badge of completion, you will qualify to be considered as a trainer for health care providers in the future. If you’re ready to step fully into your leadership role and generate revenue while spreading what you’ve learned and being a force for healing health care, the Badge of completion will give you this option if the Institute is hiring trainers in the future.
Why Is the Badge of Certification Not Included In This Program?
When we surveyed health care providers, we discovered that health care providers are motivated to get trained at the Whole Health Medicine Institute for a variety of reasons. Some are motivated to undergo this training for personal reasons. Others simply want to learn new tools they will incorporate into an existing successful medical practice within the conventional medical system. Still, others are looking for ways to escape the conventional medical system. We figured there’s no point asking those who are doing this for personal growth reasons or those who are not seeking referrals to undergo the process of the Badge. So we’ve made the Badge of Certification optional.
Whole Health Medicine Institute Faculty
Bernie Siegel, MD is a retired general/pediatric surgeon who is now involved in humanizing medical care and medical education. In 1978, he originated Exceptional Cancer . . .
Steve Sisgold is an author, Speaker, Trainer and Executive Coach and has spent the past 25 years studying and teaching the relationship between . . .
Neha Sangwan, MD, CEO and founder of Intuitive Intelligence, is an internal medicine physician, international speaker and corporate communication expert . . .
Sara Gottfried, MD, is a New York Times best-selling author of three books: The Hormone Cure, The Hormone Reset Diet, and Younger.
. . .
Donna Eden, The Fundamentals of Energy Healing, Donna’s textbook Energy Medicine is one of the original bibles of energy healing. She has trained more than . . .
Dawson Church, PhD, is an award-winning author whose best-selling book The Genie in Your Genes has been hailed by reviewers as a breakthrough . . .
William Bengston, PhD, author of The Energy Cure, is a Professor of Sociology at St. Joseph’s College in New York. . . .
Asha Clinton, MSW, PhD, is the developer of Advanced Integrative Therapy, a new depth therapy that integrates the energetic removal . . .
Richard Schwartz, PhD, earned his Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy from Purdue University, after which he began a long association with the . . .
Gabor Mate, MD, Rather than offering quick-fix solutions to these complex issues, Dr. Maté weaves together scientific research, case histories, and his own insights . . .
SARK, Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy, known internationally as SARK, is a highly acclaimed author, artist, speaker and teacher with millions of books in print, along with . . .
Larry Dossey, MD, This distinguished Texas physician, deeply rooted in the scientific world, has become an internationally influential advocate of the role of the mind in health . . .
Christiane Northrup, MD, is a visionary pioneer and a leading authority in the field of women’s health and wellness, which includes the unity of mind, body, emotions, and spirit. . . .
Rachel Carlton Abrams, MD, MHS, ABIHM graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Stanford University, received her Medical Degree at the University of California San Francisco . . .
Alberto Villoldo, PhD, having devoted 25 years of study to the healing practices of the Amazon and Andean shamans, is teaching people how to actually grow new bodies . . .
Kelly Turner, PhD, is the New York Times bestselling author of Radical Remission: Surviving Cancer Against All Odds, now in 20 languages, which summarizes. . . .
Lissa Rankin, MD, is the author of the New York Times bestseller Mind Over Medicine, The Fear Cure, The Anatomy of a Calling and The Daily Flame is a speaker . . .
Joan Borysenko, PhD, is a world-renowned expert in the mind-body connection. Her work has been foundational in an international healthcare . . .
Dr. Sue Morter is an International speaker, Master of Bio-Energetic Medicine and Quantum Field visionary, Dr. Sue Morter utilizes the embodiment . . .
Tosha Silver is the author of Outrageous Openness: Letting the Divine Take the Lead, and the new Make Me Your Own: Poems to the Divine Beloved. . . .
Robert Augustus Masters, PhD is an integral psychotherapist, relationship expert, and trainer of healing professionals. His work blends the psychological and emotional . . .
Pamela Wible, MD is a family physician born into a family of physicians who warned her not to pursue medicine. She soon discovered why: to heal her patients . . .
James Maskell is the creator of Functional Forum, the world’s largest integrative medicine conference. He lectures and hosts internationally, and has been featured . . .
Brandy Gillmore, PhD, is a motivational speaker, author, and Mind/Body &Energy Expert. Her expertise in self-healing originated from a devastating injury, . . .
Mary Louder, MD graduated with a B.S. in Education and Athletic Training from the University of Montana and then worked towards a graduate degree at Michigan State University. . . .
Kay Corpus, MD, PSC, is a family physician specializing in Integrative and Functional Medicine as well as is a 200-hour registered yoga teacher. . . .
Bruce Cryer has been called a renaissance man because of a four-decade career as a Singer, Actor, Dancer, Publisher, Author, Marketing Executive, CEO . . .
Rachel Naomi Remen, MD is a Clinical Professor of Family and Community Medicine at the University of California San Francisco School of Medicine and Founder and Director . . .
Bruce H. Lipton, PhD is an internationally recognized leader in bridging science and spirit. Stem cell biologist, bestselling author of The Biology of Belief . . .
Christine Gibson, MD, is a Family Medicine specialist physician, with an interest in Health Equity and in Medical Education. She works at a Community Health Centre . . .
If You Choose To Enroll In Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute:
Your Commitment Includes:
- Reading this invitation (all the way through). We filled our other programs very quickly, and we did not lead WHMI in 2017 because Lissa’s mother was dying and needed her care, so we now have a waiting list of two years of people who have been waiting for this year’s enrollment to open. So please, if you know in your deepest heart that this is right for you, please register right away to secure your spot!
- Being present at the two in-person workshops in the Bay Area. Attendance at these live event is mandatory if you are seeking certification.
- Participating in all teleclasses either by joining us LIVE or by listening in after the calls have been recorded.
- Showing up for your fellow visionary health care providers during this program and being willing to accept each other, unconditionally and without judgment, polarization, or attack. You are expected to take responsibility for your triggers and communicate non-violently with other colleagues so we can create a safe container of loving, nurturing, soul-growing support.
- Maintaining confidentiality with your fellow visionary healers, as we will be revealing personal experiences that are critical to our own personal, professional, and spiritual growth.
- Refraining from multi-tasking during classes and workshops.
- Letting us know about any personal situations that may interfere with your training.
- Being accountable for your choices and actions.
- Being willing to take risks, try new things, and stretch beyond your current experience.
- Being responsible for your own results, which includes proactively asking for support, using your program benefits, voicing concerns if they arise, and communicating along the way if you’re not achieving or experiencing what you hoped you would.
- Honoring your investment and the expectations you are making in yourself by handling any situations that may take you away from your experience, being patient with yourself, and resting when necessary to periodically “catch up.”
- Honoring your relationship with your teachers (when you tell us the truth and we tell you the truth, we can go deeper, heal quicker, and unleash your true potential.)
- Being gentle and compassionate with yourself. This program is not designed as an excuse for you to beat yourself up. You will have the opportunity to go at your own pace, do what you can, when you can, and learn what you’re here to learn in a way that allows you to experience ease and grace. (While you will be learning a lot about health care, this is definitely NOT medical school. We will be maintaining a trauma-free zone!)
Our Commitment To You Includes:
- Offering you the highest quality education, with the best mind-body medicine teachers on the planet.
- Doing whatever it takes to ensure that you understand and assimilate what you’re learning in order to apply it to patient care and/or your visionary business.
- Maintaining the highest level of confidentiality. You can honestly tell your teachers ANYTHING. We won’t even tell our pets.
- Passionately believing in you and your ability to achieve your visionary dreams.
- Showing up fully, in service to any needs of yours that might arise.
- Allowing you to be unapologetically authentic, in all aspects of your life.
- Holding you accountable to the wisdom and brilliance of your Inner Pilot Light, even when you may not feel the warmth of your own radiance.
- Being in integrity at all times.
- Holding high standards for you and helping you to resolve and move beyond whatever is not in alignment with your brilliance.
- Holding equally high standards for ourselves, so we can be the leaders you deserve.
- Being kind, patient, and loving with you and your progress so that you know you always have a safe place to express where you are, what you’re experiencing, and who you are.
- Providing accountability, the same way you will be providing accountability to your clients.
- Knowing that, no matter what, you are whole, perfect, healed, and connected to Source, and that anything is possible for you, no matter how many obstacles you may anticipate.
- Caring deeply about you, your success, your relationships, your health, and your life.
- Trusting that all is happening as it should for you, in divine timing, in accordance with the highest good.
Whole Health Medicine Institute Tuition and Payment Options
The investment for this life-altering program is just $7,999
Payment Plan 1: $7,999 is due immediately upon acceptance.
Payment Plan 2 (Installment Plan): $3,067 non-refundable deposit immediately upon acceptance, then two additional monthly payments of $3,066. Total tuition = $9,200.
Optional Badge of Completion: This separate fee of $149 is paid at the time of purchase if you so choose to complete the Badge requirements.
All applications must be received by September 14 for consideration into the Whole Health Medicine Institute Class of 2018. If you are accepted into the program, payment is due by October 15 to guarantee your spot. After October 15, you will be placed on the waiting list for the Class of 2019.
The Whole Health Medicine Institute Class of 2018 officially begins October 19!
“BUT WOW! THAT’S A LOT OF MONEY AND I’VE ALREADY INVESTED SO MUCH!”
Yes. We know you may have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars becoming a health care provider already. We also remember how scary it was to invest in a dream you can’t guarantee will come to fruition. Most of your teachers at the Whole Health Medicine Institute took huge personal, professional, and financial risks to get where we are professionally. Most of us also invested hundreds of thousands of dollars building our visionary businesses.
We also know that sometimes The Universe tests us to see whether we’re really, truly, 100% IN. If your Inner Pilot Light just knows this is the next step for you, taking a leap of faith like this can be your way of telling The Universe you’ll do whatever it takes to realize your vision, even if it feels like a huge stretch.
Keep in mind that because of the nature of what you will learn in this program, you can expect a return on your investment that has the possibility not only to lead to revenue generation for your business, but also to teach you tools to continue generating revenue beyond when this program ends so that your visionary health care business becomes a sustainable source of revenue generation.
The Whole Health Medicine Institute program is a 5-month commitment. If for any reason you choose not to continue—or you stop participating—you will continue to be liable for the fees of this program.
This kind of program is a powerful transformational process and at times, you may feel “up against a wall,” as if your visionary dreams are not happening or something isn’t working. This is often a perfect sign that you are releasing obstacles and overcoming limiting beliefs. Our request is that any and all concerns with regard to these kinds of feelings be addressed with your teachers so we can do our best to meet your needs. When brought to light, we can use these feelings as an opportunity to deal with any blocks that are coming to light so we can go deeper. Working together, we will make sure your needs are met.
THIS IS YOUR CHANCE!
At the Whole Health Medicine Institute, we are passionate about YOU, the well-being of YOUR CLIENTS, your RADICAL, VITAL, VISIONARY LIFE, and YOUR professional success—no matter what!
What does the wisdom of your intuition tell you? Is this Whole Health Medicine Institute right for you, your body, your mind, your heart, your soul, your spirit, and your business?
Only you know the answer, but we can promise you this. No other program combines this kind of education from the pioneers in the fields of mind-body medicine into one comprehensive training program. There is also no other program that combines the life and professional experience of visionaries with the medical expertise of physicians, the knowledge of successful businessmen and women, and the guidance of experienced coaches who are ready to help you achieve REVOLUTIONARY VISIONARY SUCCESS as a healer, so you can skyrocket to the stratosphere, in your own unique way, in both your personal and professional life.
THIS IS YOUR TIME!
Close your eyes, take a breath, and tap into the wisdom of your wise self. Ask yourself what is best for you, but be aware of how your fears start butting in with lies like “You’re not good enough,” “You don’t deserve this,” “You can’t afford it,” “You don’t have the time,” “This won’t work for you,” “People will think you’re crazy,” “You’re not ready for this yet,” “You’re not really a leader,” and other evil nothings. While some cautiousness may be deep wisdom and your soul’s discernment, most of the time, these voices stem from limiting beliefs and self-sabotaging behaviors meant to protect you from stepping truly into your power and your gifts.
Trust us, as visionaries, we know how scary choosing to do something like this can feel. It takes courage to GO FOR IT. We remember the quivering in our stomachs as we stood at the edge of that cliff and looked down into the abyss—then screaming “GERONIMO!” just as we discovered that not only were we not falling—we were FLYING!
We know it feels overwhelming to think that any of us could have the power to truly heal ourselves, much less to heal health care, when the system is so broken. But as Margaret Mead said, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”
The world needs us to step up to the plate, and as Dr. Larry Dossey recently told Lissa, “The time is now.”
If your inner knowing is whispering, “YES! THIS IS WHAT I NEED!” then the next step is easy.
These next five months have the power to change your life—and those of the patients and clients you serve—forever, but only if you take the brave first step and request and complete your application today.
With love and faith in your journey,
Lissa Rankin, MD
Frequently Asked Questions
QUESTION: How much of a time commitment will this be? Will this interfere with my full-time job, the attention I give my children and my partner, or my self care?
Answer: We know that doctors and other full-time employed health care providers are busy! That’s why this program is designed so you should be able to show up at your work full time, attend to your families, and still find bandwidth for the core basics of WHMI. However, many of our WHMI students are working part time, or they’ve left medicine because of burnout, depression, illness, or broken relationships, and they’re desperate for as much content as we can possibly throw their way! We’ve tried to keep WHMI streamlined enough to meet the needs of busy professionals, while also offering optional content to satisfy the intellectual and spiritual hunger for additional content.
People enroll in WHMI for different reasons.
- Some attend because they are personally sick, on disability, and seeking healing from a devastating health crisis.
- Some attend because they’ve left a conventional medical job and they’re broke, scared, and desperate for a career change that will allow them to pay the bills while still using their gifts and serving their calling.
- Some attend because they are passionate about healing health care and they hope to do so from inside the system.
- Some have no idea why they’re signing up, other than their intuition said “This is the medicine I need now!”
This year, we’ve customized WHMI into three recommended tracks, and we’ve broken down how many hours will be needed, depending on how much time you have to invest and what you need from the program. (We’re not including the hours you’ll invest in the live events.) You are free to do one, two or all tracks, and the time investment will depend on how much of what is available you wish to utilize.
Heal The Healer Track
For those who are on a healing journey of their own and are motivated to enroll in WHMI because of a personal need rather than a professional need, it’s possible to limit the number of hours needed by skipping one of the three pillars of WHMI—the business development pillar. This doesn’t mean you wouldn’t be free to pursue additional learning in business development in the future, but if your primary focus is personal healing, this may not be a priority right now—and that’s totally okay. You can still get the gist of the work—and practice being a patient with your practice partner—and enjoy all the physical and metaphysical benefits of the program—without distracting yourself with concerns about customizing your medical practice or getting certified to facilitate the 6 steps.
Estimated # of hours invested: 56 hours (2.5 hours per week)
The Certification Track
This track is for people who intend to use the tools learned in WHMI to become a certified Whole Health Medicine Institute practitioner, someone who helps patients/clients work with the Whole Health Cairn and facilitates the 6 Steps To Healing Yourself, either in an individual one-on-one setting or in groups. This track is a potentially career-boosting track that gives you tools to differentiate yourself from a practitioner who accepts managed care insurance, someone who has done additional training to offer skills that can help support people for whom conventional medicine has failed to meet their needs. You may intend to use these certification skills inside or outside the conventional health care system. We will let you know exactly what is mandatory to qualify for certification, so you can choose which events/calls to prioritize if time is restricted.
Estimated # of hours invested: 74 hours (3.25 hours per week)
Fast Track To Paycheck Track
Some of you have left your paying job, you don’t have other means of support, and you’re desperate to pay the bills. Paying the tuition for WHMI may have been a stretch already, so now the pressure is on to find a fast track to the “return on your investment.” You’ll likely want to get certified, plus you’ll want to dive right into the content that will help you figure out what’s next in your business life. This may or may not include pursuing certification, but it’s definitely going to behoove you to take advantage of all that WHMI offers regarding running a “fee for service” practice, building a platform so you can attract paying clients, get a book deal, fill workshops, or get paid for public speaking.
Estimated # of hours invested: 116 hours (5 hours per week)
QUESTION: I’m sure I want to participate, and I really want to do WHMI this year because the timing is perfect, but I have a conflict with one of the retreats. Can I still enroll?
Answer: The juiciest part of WHMI is the live events, so if you miss one of the retreats, you’ll miss a lot. We highly recommend that you consider applying next year instead of this year if you know you’ll miss a retreat. If however, you are dead set on being with us this year because you’re getting the WHOLE BODY YES from your intuition, and you either can’t make one of the retreats or there’s uncertainty around whether you’ll be available, write to Pearl@LissaRankin.com and explain your situation. We trust your intuition and we’ll try to be as flexible as possible.
QUESTION: What if I’m a licensable professional, but I don’t currently have a license? Do I still qualify?
Answer: Yes, you qualify. If you’re on sabbatical, you’re retired, you’re on disability, or you’ve let go of your license because you’ve chosen to no longer practice, you’re still welcome here.
QUESTION : What if my professional degree doesn’t have a license?
Answer: If you’re not sure whether you qualify, email Pearl@LissaRankin.com and we’ll let you know. If you went to an accredited academic university and got a degree in the healing profession you’re trained to practice, you probably qualify. If you got an online certification or attended a workshop that “certified” you, you probably don’t qualify.
QUESTION: Why don’t you accept life coaches, health coaches, or energy healers who don’t have professional degrees? Doesn’t that discriminate against other important healers who contribute to a patient’s Healing Round Table?
Answer: We honestly value you and recognize your contribution to the Healing Round Table! We’re not in any way diminishing the value of what you bring. We do have a reason why we limit WHMI to medical professionals with degrees and licenses, however.
The reason we limit this program to qualified health care professional is because we care about quality control, and we’re fully committed to protecting the patients our graduates touch with this penetrating and transformational healing work. We want to ensure that our graduates have 1) mastery in their field and 2) air tight ethics. If there is no governing board, we have no way to assess whether someone is both excellent in their field and accountable to an ethics board. We are not suggesting that licensed health care providers are necessarily more masterful or ethical than self-trained, internet-trained, or apprenticeship-trained practitioners. But because certified WHMI practitioners are accountable to the medical board of their chosen field, if there are ethics breaches and integrity violations, patients can feel safe knowing they can anonymously report these practitioner to a governing board intended to protect patient/client safety. If someone has a professional degree, we know they have been taught basic medical and therapeutic ethics—like confidentiality, informed consent, and “Don’t sleep with your patients!” It may sound obvious, but you’d be surprised how many unlicensed Sacred Medicine practitioners Lissa has met who don’t abide by these basic ethical and safety guidelines. The one thing she has learned is that just because someone has spiritual power doesn’t mean they have spiritual ethic. While energy healers, life coaches, health coaches, and shamans have much to contribute to the healing round table, until some sort of governing board protects patients from unethical practitioners, we are focusing on educating those who we know have been appropriately schooled in medical ethics.