Is WHMI right for you?
- Are you tired of how everyone complains about the health care system, and you feel inspired to be part of the solution in medicine?
- Do you know . . . just know . . . that what makes us healthy—and what makes us sick— goes WAY deeper than we were taught to believe?
- Do you feel called—the way a priest is called to the priesthood—to help others heal, transform, connect, love, create, succeed, and thrive, but you feel like your hands are tied in our current health care system?
- Have you, a patient of yours, or someone you loved experienced a radical healing and you feel passionate about learning how to help others experience the same kind of miracle?
- Do you feel like your motivations for entering the field of health care were pure, but you now often feel out of alignment with the field itself, yet you yearn to realign with your true calling?
- Would you love to find a way to enjoy more meaning, fulfillment, and a sense of mission and purpose with your work?
- Do you get behind in your work because you care too much to rush with your clients?
- Do you find yourself drawn to one or more of these things—spirituality, animals, alternative forms of healing, art, music, craft-making, or other creative pursuits?
- Are you frustrated with feeling like your gifts go unappreciated by others you might work with on the health care team?
- Have you felt traumatized by physicians and others within the health care system who don’t value what you bring to the Healing Round Table?
- Are you tired of following someone else’s rules, finding yourself attracted to the idea of setting your own hours, making your own rules, and starting something entrepreneurial?
- Have you read Lissa Rankin’s books or blogs, watched her public television specials, or seen her speak live, and you hear this little voice in your head saying, “She’s talking right to ME! That’s what I believe too!?”
- Have you had a wake-up call with a health issue of your own—or that of a loved one—that changed everything for you, and now you want to use what you’ve learned from that experience to help clients?
- Do you have a tendency to over-give at the expense of your own health, happiness, sanity, and relationships, believing that to have true value in the world, you have to give until you’re depleted? Would you like to learn how to fill yourself first so you can more effectively help others heal?
- Are you tired of resenting your clients because they demand too much without accepting enough personal responsibility for their health? Are you ready to shift this dynamic to a more empowered one?
- Does managed care medicine trigger you because your quality time with clients has interfered with the sacredness of the client-provider relationship?
- Are you sick of feeling unappreciated by health care providers who don’t realize how valuable your service is to the clients you both share?
- Are you ready to use your healing gifts in a way that feeds your soul and facilitates true healing in yourself and others?
- Would you relish a way to be well paid while spending more quality time with your clients?
- Do you sense that there’s often more to chronic illness than just genetics or biochemistry?
- Are you interested in learning how to heal—not hex—your clients simply by changing your attitude and the language you use?
- Do you feel in your gut that clients would achieve better outcomes if they were more personally invested in their healing journey and accepted more responsibility for why they’re sick and how they might get better?
- Do you believe the body can be a compass—delivering messages in the form of physical symptoms meant to alert clients to imbalances in their personal, professional, and spiritual lives?
- Do you consider yourself a leader in the field of health care, if not now, than in the future?
- Are you interested in adding a mind-body-spirit approach to your current practice and mindset?
- Do you consider yourself a spiritual person, and you sense that spirituality and health care should not be separated the way they have been?
- Have you found yourself reading this invitation while feeling a strong, inexplicable pull to sign up for this program? (Seriously, MANY of our applicants report feeling this way. It doesn’t have to make sense. And no—you’re not crazy!)
If you answered at least one of these questions with a rousing “Hell yeah,” you’re one of us—the team of visionary healers who will help transform health care from the inside out, though it’s possible you don’t feel so visionary quite yet. And that’s okay. We trust you. You’ll get there . . .
You were probably called to your field because you have the heart of a healer, and you are part of a lineage of healers that predates conventional medicine by millennia. Yet our health care system may have left you feeling dissociated from this lineage. Whether you work in an office, a hospital, or virtually, you may feel frustrated with feeling pressured to see more and more clients in less and less time. Or maybe you’ve escaped the system and you’ve hung out a shingle in a cash-based practice in order to have more quality time with your clients, but now you’re struggling to create a thriving practice amidst a stunted economy. Or perhaps you’ve even left medicine altogether because you were tired of selling out your health, happiness, or integrity in exchange for rising demands on your time and energy combined with plummeting reimbursement.
But what’s a responsible healer to do?
We know how frustrating it can be to walk the visionary healer’s path, especially in the world of conventional medicine.Continue Reading