Are You Ready To Wake Up Health Care & Transform Your Practice?
Heal Yourself, Grow Your Wisdom, Reclaim Your Calling & Revolutionize Health Care With Lissa Rankin, Rachel Naomi Remen, Martha Beck,
Larry Dossey, Bruce Lipton, and More
By requesting this invitation, you’ve already started to reclaim your rightful role as a healer so you can more fully serve others while connecting with fellow health care revolutionaries committed to the integrity of their callings. By claiming your position as a leader among those awakening consciousness in health care, you will have the opportunity to explore your personal and spiritual development, grow your business in creative, expansive ways, and make yourself a vessel for divine healing work in the world.
During this 4 month program, you will have the opportunity to:
- Heal yourself first so you can heal the world without depleting yourself
- Expand the scope of your expertise by incorporating a spiritual perspective into your work and your life
- Recommit to your true calling as a healer
- Find a loving, supportive community of health care revolutionaries who will alleviate the loneliness you may feel within a system that may feel out of alignment with your integrity
- Utilize a revolutionary new wellness model to help clients expand their definition of health and play a more active role in their own healing process
- Learn ways to feel more happy, fulfilled and in touch with meaning in medicine within the current health care system
- Open your mind to alternative methods of practice, including cash-based, fee-for-service consulting with clients seeking mind-body-spirit approaches to health and healing
- Empower your clients to tap into their intuition & help guide treatment decisions
- Help clients view illness as an opportunity for personal growth and spiritual awakening
- Develop more nurturing, fulfilling relationships with your clients
- Increase your job satisfaction
- Become a leader in revolutionizing how health care is delivered and received
- Advance your own personal, professional, and spiritual growth
Dear Visionary Healer,
Bless you for reaching out and showing interest in the Whole Health Medicine Institute’s Health Care Provider Training program. In this program, we’ll be teaching you how to use a six-step process for helping clients diagnose the real reason they’re sick, getting clear on what their bodies are trying to communicate with them, making life decisions aimed at improving the health of their minds, and learning how to use their intuition to combine Western medicine with self-healing mind-body medicine techniques aimed at decreasing the body’s “fight-or-flight” stress responses and activating the body’s innate natural self-repair mechanisms. We’ll also be empowering you to heal yourself so you can offer your healing art from a place of fullness, rather than from depletion.
The Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training program has been training health care providers to practice medicine according to Lissa Rankin, MD’s Mind Over Medicine philosophy, as shared in her New York Times bestselling book, featured on her National Public Television special Heal Yourself: Mind Over Medicine, and communicated in three TEDx talks. But many aligned physicians, even those who have been trained to do so, lack the time to work clients through the six steps to healing yourself. When we interviewed some of the doctors who graduated from previous programs, they expressed a strong desire to collaborate with other like-minded health care providers who might have more time to work one-on-one with clients. That’s when we decided to extend this program to those who might work independently or in harmony with health care providers like the Whole Health Medicine Institute doctors.
That’s where you come in. Healing health care will take a village, and we need you and your gifts in their most fully expressed form. For this round of the Whole Health Medicine Institute, we’ll be accepting 120 health care providers. Those qualified to participate include any licensed health care provider, such as nurses, nurse practitioners, midwives, physician assistants, psychologists, marriage and family therapists, acupuncturists, naturopaths, nutritionists, dentists, life coaches, health coaches, and other non-MD health care providers and healers.
Are you the right healer to embark upon a program like this?
Is Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Health Care Provider Training program right for you?
Take this little pop quiz to find out.
- Do you feel called – the way a priest is called to the priesthood – to help others heal, transform, connect, love, create, succeed, and thrive, but you feel like your hands are tied in our broken health care system?
- Do you feel like your motivations for entering the field of health care were pure, but you now feel out of alignment with the field of health care?
- Would you love to find a way to enjoy more meaning, fulfillment, and a sense of mission and purpose with your work?
- Do you get behind in your work because you care too much to rush with your clients?
- Do you find yourself drawn to one or more of these things – spirituality, animals, alternative forms of healing, art, music, craft-making, or other creative pursuits?
- Are you frustrated with feeling like your gifts go unappreciated by others you might work with on the health care team?
- Have you felt traumatized by physicians and others within the health care system who don’t value what you bring to the Healing Round Table?
- Are you tired of following someone else’s rules, finding yourself attracted to the idea of setting your own hours, making your own rules, and starting something entrepreneurial?
- Have you read Lissa Rankin’s books or blogs, watched her public television special, or seen her speak live, and you hear this little voice in your head saying, “She’s talking right to ME! That’s what I believe too!?”
- Do you sense that something’s out of alignment with how medicine is being practiced and instead of feeling victimized by the system, you long to be part of the solution?
- Have you had a wake-up call with a health issue of your own – or that of a loved one – that changed everything for you, and now you want to use what you’ve learned from that experience to help clients?
- Do you have a tendency to over-give at the expense of your own health, happiness, sanity, and relationships, believing that to have true value in the world, you have to give until you’re depleted? Would you like to learn how to fill yourself first so you can more effectively help others heal?
- Are you tired of resenting your clients because they demand too much without accepting enough personal responsibility for their health? Are you ready to shift this dynamic to a more empowered one?
- Does managed care medicine make you crazy because your quality time with clients has interfered with the sacredness of the client-provider relationship?
- Are you sick of feeling unappreciated by health care providers who don’t realize how valuable your service is to the clients you both share?
- Are you ready to stop complaining about health care and start opening doors to a lucrative, fulfilling, revolutionary way to use your gifts instead?
- Would you relish a way to be well paid while spending more quality time with your clients?
- Do you know – just know - that there’s often more to chronic illness than just genetics or biochemistry?
- Are you interested in learning how to heal – not hex – your clients simply by changing your attitude and the language you use?
- Do you feel in your gut that clients would achieve better outcomes if they were more personally invested in their healing journey and accepted more responsibility for why they’re sick and how they might get better?
- Do you believe the body can be a compass – delivering messages in the form of physical symptoms meant to alert clients to imbalances in their personal, professional, and spiritual lives?
- Do you consider yourself a leader, but the state of health care has left you feeling helpless? Are you now ready to move beyond this helplessness to become part of the solution?
- Are you interested in adding a mind-body-spirit approach to your current practice and mindset?
- Do you consider yourself a spiritual person, and you sense that spirituality and health care should not be separated the way they have been?
- Have you found yourself reading this invitation while feeling a strong, inexplicable pull to sign up for this program? (Seriously, MANY of our applicants report feeling this way. It doesn’t have to make sense. And no – you’re not crazy!)
If you answered at least one of these questions with a rousing “Hell yeah,” you’re one of us- the team of visionary healers who will help transform health care from the inside out, though it’s possible you don’t feel so visionary quite yet. And that’s okay. We trust you. You’ll get there…
You were probably called to your field because you have the heart of a healer, and you are part of a lineage of healers that predates conventional medicine by millennia. Yet our health care system may have left you feeling dissociated from this lineage. Whether you work in an office, a hospital, or virtually, you may feel frustrated with feeling pressured to see more and more clients in less and less time. Or maybe you’ve escaped the system and you’ve hung out a shingle in a cash-based practice in order to have more quality time with your clients, but now you’re struggling to create a thriving practice amidst a stunted economy. Or perhaps you’ve even left medicine altogether because you were tired of selling out your health, happiness, or integrity in exchange for rising demands on your time and energy combined with plummeting reimbursement.
But what’s a responsible healer to do?
We know how frustrating it can be to walk the visionary healer’s path, especially in the world of conventional medicine.
You feel like:
- You were called to the field of health care, but you worry that you may have made a mistake.
- You’re feeling pressured to conform to a mold that feels way too constricting for someone with as expansive a vision as you have.
- You’d love to be free of the insurance-based health care system.
- You’d love to use your gifts as a healer to spend up to an hour with your clients while getting well paid for your time. Maybe you’d even love to write books or help others via public speaking. But you have no clue where to start.
- You’re so exhausted from overwork that you have no clue how you’d muster up the energy to transform your career into something that fulfills rather than drains you.
- Health and spirituality have been divorced by our current health care system, but you sense that marrying the two would result in better health outcomes for your clients, as well as more peace for you as a healer.
- You suspect that, with the right guidance, illness can be a vehicle for personal and spiritual awakening.
- You know, deep in your soul, that you were put here on this earth to help people remember that each human is imbued with a spark of divinity that makes us all precious and unique.
- You long to find a community of like-minded visionary health care providers who will remind you that you are never alone.
- You’re ready to expand how you practice medicine, and you’re looking for the right mentors to help you take a leap of faith.
- You want to stay in your current job, but you need help finding more meaning, fulfillment, and sense of connection with the calling that drew you to your field in the first place.
- You know there’s more to life, and you’re ready to finally take a risk and claim a vital, fulfilling, abundant, joyful life for yourself.
If this sounds like you, you are SO not alone. Most of the teachers at the Whole Health Medicine Institute felt exactly the same way at one point in their careers. That’s why we’ve developed a 4 month training program just for health care providers like you to teach you what pioneering mind-body medicine health care providers like Bernie Siegel, Larry Dossey, Rachel Naomi Remen, and Lissa Rankin have learned, as well as what gifted teachers like life coach Martha Beck, and cell biologist Bruce Lipton have garnered from their risk-taking experiences.
Introducing Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute’s 2014 Health Care Provider Training
We designed this unique 4 month training program to offer you:
- The opportunity to learn a revolutionary new way to view health and healing so you can reclaim your calling and transform how you practice
- Insight, personal and spiritual growth, and tools for bringing magic into your life
- Skills for using Dr. Lissa Rankin’s revolutionary new wellness model – the Whole Health Cairn – as a way to help clients radically heal not just their bodies, but their lives
- Tools you can use in your own clinical practice to help clients heal themselves
- Guidance with how to employ radical self-care - for yourself – so you can better serve your clients and serve as a model for them
- Business guidance to help you become a leader in your field
- The opportunity to heal from the traumas you may have endured at the hands of physicians or others in the health care system
- A like-minded learning community of other health care providers committed to Whole Health Medicine, healing health care, and supporting each other’s personal, spiritual, and professional growth
- The business skills you’ll need in order to start building a thriving entrepreneurial practice that includes not just seeing clients one-on-one, but growing your practice online, mastering social media, writing books, public speaking, and creating virtual programs that generate passive revenue
- The opportunity to transform your practice into an opportunity for emotional, personal, physical, and spiritual awakening, not just for your clients, but for yourself
- An expanded, even magical view of what’s possible in the healing process
You may have spent your whole life serving others at the expense of yourself, but now it is finally time to fill yourself first and fully step into your role as a healer so you can heal the world. This is YOUR time. The world needs you to bring your vision to life NOW.
You have a choice about how you live the rest of your life.
You can keep doing what we were trained to do -
or you can step fully into what YOU were called here to do on earth.
Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Health Care Provider Training will accept 120 special healers on a first-come, first-serve basis. (We have a long waiting list and expect this program to fill quickly, so please register soon if you hope to participate in the 2014 class.) If you are among the 120 healers, your commitment to showing up bodily, mentally, energetically, and spiritually are integral to your success. This program is not for someone who does things half-assed. You’ll be asked to commit revolutionary acts of greatness – and that’s not always easy.
This program is a commitment, on the part of you and your teachers. We are all entering into a sacred contract together that is capable of radically changing not just your practice, but your whole life.
But let’s be clear. It’s not going to be all roses and violets. We’re inviting you to step up to the plate as one of the leaders that will help transform our health care system – and with things as challenging as they are in the health care system, the world needs you now. This program is dedicated to helping illuminate any limiting beliefs and self-sabotaging behaviors that might be holding you back from being the force of healing you know you’re meant to be.
In order to facilitate big change in our health care system – and in the way you interact with clients – we’re going to be asking big things of you – big, revolutionary things that may have felt too scary to embark upon alone or to achieve in the culture of our medical establishment. We’ll be asking you to consider radical acts of courage that may leave you feeling tempted to run for the hills.
But we ask that you trust the process and know that this learning community will be here, holding sacred space for you, guiding your path, trusting your journey, and empowering you to muster up the moxie it will require to become who we know you can be. You will not be alone in your attempt to accomplish these big goals. This program is designed to facilitate these changes, not just in how you practice your healing art, but in how you show up in your life and in the world as a leader.
If you’re not ready to commit revolutionary acts of greatness and put 1,000% of your energy and resources towards committing to your visionary healer dreams, opening your mind and your heart to new ways of thinking and being, mustering up the courage to take a stand within a system that strives to keep you in step with the status quo, being willing to break out of your comfort zone, and stepping fully into being the healer we KNOW you can become, you might as well stop reading now.
Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Health Care Provider Training Program is for Those Who are DONE…
We mean – DONE - with being stealth health care revolutionaries. This program is for those who are ready to lead the way NOW.
This program is right for you if you know there’s a divine spark within you – and you can see a similar spark within your clients, but you know how easily it gets clouded with fear, anxiety, and ultimately, illness. You know you have big work to do in this world, and you long to be part of the solution in health care, rather than grinding away, practicing in a way you just know doesn’t optimize what you have to offer.
But you also know you haven’t been able to achieve it alone. You need a team of like-minded healers to help you blaze new trails and link arms with you as you become the change you long to see in the world.
This program is for healers who are READY – really ready – to step fully into the life they’re meant to create, in service to the people who are just waiting for you to show up and lead them to a better life.
Whole Health Medicine Institute Class of 2013 Physician Testimonials
This is the first year we’re expanding the Whole Health Medicine Institute beyond physicians, but we wanted to share with you what our doctors are saying.
“The Whole Health Medicine Institute came into my life at just the right moment. I felt the familiar pressures in my medical practice to see more patients, meet budget, document every move, yet keep the integrity of comprehensive and compassionate care for my patients. It was exhausting. I asked to be shown what I was doing to deplete not only my energy, but also my soul. Lissa, the five-star faculty, and fifteen other doctors of the WHMI fulfilled that wish. They taught, encouraged, and embodied deep self-inquiry, self-reflection, and self-care. These often forgotten actions, I now know, are fundamental to becoming a fully actualized physician, leader and human being. No place have I found such an innovative and intuitively designed program. Nowhere have I found such kinship of like-minded souls. Each one of them benevolently challenged my limiting beliefs and allowed me to defy the rules with grace. I have since resigned from my current position as a hospital employed physician, ready to create my dream practice aligned with my ideals and live life in fullest expression. Truly, I am honored to be among this new generation of visionary physicians at cause to heal patients, communities, health care and humanity one person at a time. I am forever grateful to Lissa and the WHMI for breaking open my heart and mind to possibility.” Kay Corpus, MD
“When I heard about Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute, I thought: “Great! Here’s someone who ‘gets’ the problems in medicine today.” Being exposed to such great thought leaders as Rachel Naomi Remen and Martha Beck has been priceless. As a full time surgeon participating in the inaugural year of the Whole Health Medicine Institute, my resolve to continue on my personal quest of the past three years: helping doctors so they can stay in medicine and remember why they went into medicine in the first place, has been strengthened and magnified. My book and webpage by the same name http://www.lovemedicineagain.com
is a testament to that.” Starla Fitch, MD
“I feel grateful for my time with the WHMI. Dr. Lissa Rankin truly has a gift for finding amazing and compassionate teachers. She also has pure intentions to heal the healthcare system. I signed up for a professional transformation and ended up with unexpected deep personal growth within a community of like minded physicians.” Sarah Lord, MD
“Through Whole Health Medicine Institute, Dr Lissa Rankin has connected brilliant coaches, powerful faculty and an amazing group of physicians destined to be thought leaders in the brave new paradigm of true medicine. I found the experience to be healing, challenging, intellectually stimulating, and profoundly inspiring. Our group developed strong bonds that form a synergistic support network that transcends our geography and clinical practices.” Susan M. Mathison, MD
“The WHMI Visionary Physician program is unlike any other training I have ever been a part of. In addition to having the benefit of learning from Lissa Rankin MD, Martha Beck, PhD, Rachel Naomi Remen, MD, Christiane Northrup, MD and other luminaries in the field of progressive medicine, the personal growth that is offered in this program is unparalleled. I saw myself and my fellow physicians become leaders seemingly overnight. We are all transformed by this experience and looking forward to expanded careers in clinical and non-clinical medicine. The teachings in Mind Over Medicine, allowed me to take my practice to the next level and the strategic sessions opened my eyes to new ways to serve as a medical doctor in the broadest sense. I highly recommend this program to any physician who is ready to grow into their full potential, whether caring for individual patients or healing the world.” Susan Ortiz, MD
*** We will only be accepting 120 Visionary Health Care Providers***
Why did we decide to train 120 Visionary Health Care Providers?
Whole Health Medicine Institute Founder Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Story
When I took a leap of faith and left my stable, lucrative, and unfulfilling job as a full time physician in a busy managed care OB/GYN practice, I knew I was called to be a healer, but practicing medicine that way was sucking my soul dry. Seeing 40 clients a day – often double booked in 15 minute slots – just wasn’t what I was called to do. At the end of every day, I felt depleted, not just because I was exhausted from working 36 hour shifts every fourth night and 72 hour call shifts every few weekends, but because I knew I had so much more to offer my clients. But I didn’t know how to navigate the restrictions of the system in order to serve in the way my heart longed to serve.
On top of all that, by the time I was 33, I was twice-divorced, I was taking seven pharmaceuticals that weren’t working for a host of chronic health conditions that plagued me, and I couldn’t remember the last time I had really laughed or felt vital. I fantasized about how “normal” people lived and dreamed of one day being happy – maybe after I retired at 65.
Then my Perfect Storm hit. I gave birth to my daughter by C-section, my dog died, my brother wound up in the ICU in full blown liver failure as a side effect from the Zithromax he was taking for a sinus infection, and my beloved father (also a physician) died from metastatic melanoma.
Six months later, when I was just starting to breathe again, my husband (husband #3, I’m embarrassed to say), who was the stay home daddy for our newborn, cut two fingers off his hand with a table saw and couldn’t care for our daughter.
All hell broke loose. I wound up asking myself, “If I knew I had only three months left to live – the way my father did – would I be doing what I’m doing now?” My answer was a resounding “Hell no!” And this realization changed everything.
When I asked myself the first thing I would change, I was horrified to realize the first thing I would do if I found out I was dying was to quit my job. But I couldn’t do that! I had a newborn, an unemployed husband, two mortgages, and a boatload of debt. But when I searched my soul, I kept coming up with the same answer. I couldn’t keep selling out my happiness or professional integrity in exchange for the security my job provided. So I took a huge leap of faith and quit my job.
Leaving my conventional medical practice was a huge risk. We had to sell our house, liquidate our retirement account, and move to the country in order to afford to pay the medical malpractice tail I had to cough up in order to buy my freedom. But what choice did I have? I couldn’t keep selling out my health or happiness. And I just wasn’t willing to keep slogging away for the next thirty years until one day, I could finally start living.
So I leaped. I spent two years painting, writing, and living off credit cards, during what I came to call my “waiting and becoming” years. It wasn’t easy. I was terrified most of the time, and the people who loved me thought I had officially lost it. I had to protect myself with a mostly artificial bubble of supposed “fearlessness.” But deep down, I was plagued with self-doubt, and the Gremlins of fear chattered away incessantly.
Yet, somehow, deep down, a seed of truth had taken root, and I knew I could never go back. The roots of my future had started digging into the soil, and I could only move forward, in spite of all evidence that the path I was blazing was more of a cautionary tale than an inspiration.
I almost bailed and ran back to the hospital, tail between my legs, dozens of times during this “waiting and becoming” time. I was falling deeper and deeper into debt, and the recruiters were calling incessantly like the devil, tempting me to betray my intuition and move to Podunk, Nowhere, in exchange for half a million dollars a year. But everything in my heart screamed, “No! There’s something else you’re supposed to do, if only you’ll trust.” I had to tap into something deep and quiet within, something essentially true, a voice I hadn’t heard clearly for years, one I ultimately came to call my “Inner Pilot Light.”
My Inner Pilot Light helped me keep repairing the chinks in my “fearless” bubble, and it encouraged me to trust that I was on the right path, even though I didn’t know where I was going. During this scary, growth-filled, and wildly spiritual time, I rediscovered my calling and crystallized my vision – to help people heal, connect, and thrive, not just in their physical health, but in all aspects of their lives.
I also got clear on the message I wanted to help spread in the world. As a physician, I knew it wasn’t enough to treat only the biochemical elements of a healthy lifestyle. Sure, diet, exercise, a good night’s sleep, and taking your vitamins are key to a healthy life. But if you’re in an abusive marriage, you hate your job, you feel spiritually disconnected, you feel creatively thwarted, you can’t stand where you live, and you haven’t found your supportive community, no drug, surgery, supplement, or diet plan is going to save you. I came to believe that the body is a mirror of how we live our lives. By digging deep into the medical literature for proof of what I was coming to believe, I found evidence that our bodies sometimes have the power to enable spontaneous remissions from seemingly “incurable” diseases when we change our beliefs and how we think about our health while doing whatever it takes to bring our bodies into harmony with what is true in our relationships, our professional lives, our creative lives, our sex lives, our environment, our financial lives, and more. This realization felt profoundly important to me – and I wanted the world to know it.
What ensued was a burning desire to create a revolution in health care, to change how we think about health and healing, and to start a grass roots campaign to shift the paradigm of modern medicine. I started spreading my ideas, first on my blog, then in my book Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself, my National Public Television special Heal Yourself: Mind Over Medicine, three widely viewed TEDx talks, and from stages across the country.
But here’s the kicker. As I was spreading these ideas, I started getting hundreds of emails from clients across the globe asking where they can find doctors and other health care providers who embrace similar ideas about health. But I didn’t know where to refer these clients. I know many wonderful functional medicine and integrative medicine doctors, but even still, these ways of practicing, while so much more holistic than managed care practice models, are still largely biochemically-based allopathic models. Even functional and integrative medicine philosophies, such as those taught in Dr. Andrew Weil’s Integrative Medicine fellowship, often focus primarily on supplements, herbal treatments, natural medicine, and alternative medicine treatments such as acupuncture or homeopathy. I support any treatment modality a patient believes will help, so I’m a big fan of all these modalities. But I think even the most alternative treatments are insufficient if the health care provider isn’t also addressing other mind-body-spirit factors that are just as important to your health – not just whether your hormones are in balance or whether you’re taking the right supplements, but whether you’re healthy in your relationships, your professional life, your spiritual life, and so forth.
I finally came to realize I needed to develop a training program to teach what I’ve learned so I could certify health care providers to practice Whole Health Medicine. At the institute, our team is currently training the second class of health care providers at the Whole Health Medicine Institute, but much to my surprise, when we were enrolling both classes of physicians, we got hundreds of emails from other health care providers, asking if they might participate as well. Because the physician training program is designed specifically for MD’s and DO’s only, we had to disappoint a lot of very interested healers. But your requests sparked a flame within us that gained fuel after the doctors in our programs expressed interest in collaborating with like-minded health care providers who are trained in a similar philosophy. And that’s how the Whole Health Medicine Institute Health Care Provider Training was born.
We know it will take a village to heal health care and change how we all view health. We need your help in order to lead the troops in the mission to transform our system. You are the spiritual warriors who will bring the heart of medicine back to the center of our profession, and we are so grateful you are among us. Many healers feel unappreciated by the health care providers that rely on their collaboration, but that’s not how we view things at the Whole Health Medicine Institute. We know that clients sit at the head of what we call “The Healing Round Table,” and your presence at the table is every bit as vital as any physician. We value you, and we’re so happy you’re here.
For program information contact Beth at email@example.com or 415/342-1040.
Praise for Lissa Rankin, M.D., and Mind Over Medicine
“Dr. Lissa Rankin’s role in reminding doctors of our ancient lineage as healers is heart-opening, life-changing, and what medicine is really all about. I applaud her and highly recommend her work. What a pleasure it is to see the next generation of physicians waking up to what I call real medicine – the kind that acknowledges our true power to heal and be well.”
Christiane Northrup, M.D., OB/GYN Physician and author of the New York Times bestsellers: Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause
“Medical training needs to provide not just medical information about disease and drugs, but a true education about caring for people and what they are experiencing. It also needs to prepare doctors for what they will experience when truly caring for people and not just treating a disease. There is a big difference between detached concern and rational caring. Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute training program helps to provide doctors with what is needed in order to give up the delusion that we are medical deities so we can remember who we are as doctors.”
Bernie Siegel, M.D., author of Love, Medicine & Miracles
“Lissa Rankin, MD clearly states what many health care providers (not to mention patients) already know: the way our society’s physicians are trained, pressured, and overworked is in many ways inimical to the process of healing. In her life, her work, and her words, Dr. Rankin demonstrates a new way to combine the brilliance of modern science with the wisdom of the heart. Anyone who will ever need a doctor, and certainly anyone who will ever be a doctor, will be enriched and enlightened by her ideas. Just reading MIND OVER MEDICINE is a genuinely healing experience.”
Martha Beck, Ph.D., author of Finding Your Way in A Wild New World
“Body and spirit are twins: God only knows which is which,’ Swinburne wisely said more than a century ago. But for most of the twentieth century, the body has hogged the show. Now consciousness, mind, and spirit are back in center stage in medicine. In Mind Over Medicine, Dr. Lissa Rankin shows why. This is a compelling, clear, and reader-friendly vision of where medicine and healing are headed, written by an expert medical insider who’s been there. Buy two copies—one for you and one for your doctor.”
Larry Dossey, M.D., author of Reinventing Medicine, Healing Words and The One Mind
We know you’re really investing in RESULTS
You want to know that your practice, your business – and your life – will be transformed by this program, right? So how will the Whole Health Medicine Institute Health Care Provider Training change everything for you?
TAKE BACK MEDICINE, YOUR WAY
PROFESSIONAL RESULTS (How this program will grow your medical practice or visionary business)
- Inclusion in a community of like-minded health care providers committed to lifting each other up and bringing their visions to life, who will be your mastermind buddies and who may become JV partners, affiliates, sources of referrals, and contributors to your business
- Practical guidance on how to encourage clients to stop turning over responsibility for their health and wellness to others so they can play a more active role in the healing process
- Tips for how to apply the Whole Health Cairn wellness model as a way to counsel clients back to optimal health in all aspects of their lives
- How to help clients reduce “stress responses” in the body and activate the “relaxation responses” that are necessary for the body’s innate self-healing mechanisms to kick in, thereby increasing your clients’ chances of spontaneous remission
- How to hold sacred, loving space for clients as they navigate illness
- How to facilitate a 6 step process intended to help clients heal themselves
- Enjoy the personal and professional joy of watching chronically ill clients transform their lives
- Tips for integrating medicine and spirituality without getting all “churchy” on your clients or alienating those with different beliefs
- Marketing tips that will equip you to grow your practice
- Tools for how your might turn your visionary dreams into a fulfilling and lucrative entrepreneurial business
- Information on how you might create a practice that lets you set your hours, choose how much vacation time you get, and potentially, work from anywhere you have a phone or a computer
- An exploration of ways you can spend more time with your clients, reduce administrative hassles, and connect with your clients on a satisfying and meaningful soul level
- Tips for getting in touch with your intuition
- How to master social media as a way to attract your tribe, find clients, and spread your message
- Tools for how you might amplify your business online so you can start generating passive revenue and stop exclusively trading dollars for hours
- Guidance on how to transform your visionary ideas into publishable books, online courses, coaching programs, and other fulfilling and lucrative ways to expand your business outside the hospital or office
- For those choosing to stay in a managed care model of medicine, completion of this program will lead to greater patient satisfaction, greater personal satisfaction, better patient outcomes, and a reconnection with the meaning of your work
- Tips for writing a book proposal, finding the right way to publish your book, and launching it into the world
- Access to the wisdom and teachings of pioneers in the fields of mind-body medicine and life coaching
- Greater job satisfaction – finding meaning in your job as a healer and reclaiming your sense of mission and purpose
- The potential for freedom from an increasingly dysfunctional medical system and liberation from the frustrations inherent in feeling like you’re at the mercy of the powers that be
PERSONAL & SPIRITUAL RESULTS (How this program will benefit your personal growth, your soul, and your relationships)
- A chance to finally rest, reconnect, commune, and nourish yourself after years of exhaustion
- Support with healing from the traumas we endure during our medical education and medical practices
- Nurturing care while we learn to take down the armor we may have built around our hearts as an adaptive part of our training
- Guidance with getting out of your own way, identifying limiting, self-sabotaging beliefs, and overcoming fear, anxiety, and worry so you can step into your visionary physician dreams
- A deeper connection to your “Inner Pilot Light” (that 100% authentic, inner healer, always-lit, never-extinguished, freak-flag-flying spark of the Divine within you)
- Assistance with learning that, in order to truly heal the world, you must stop depleting yourself and fill yourself first
- Tools for tapping into co-creative energy in service to your vision
- Guidance with learning Martha Beck’s “4 Technologies of Magic” as a more feminine way to bring into being whatever we desire – whether we’re bending spoons, calling in the whales, or helping clients heal
- Opening up a clear channel between you and a Higher Power
- Skills for noticing and interpreting Signs From the Universe
- The gift of surrender (being able to set goals but release attachment to outcomes and trust the process, especially when it comes to helping clients deal with illness)
- Skills for dissociating from the fears that hold you back
- Building trust that whatever happens, with your clients and in your life, is for the highest good and does not equal failure
- Meditations to help you bolster aspects of your whole health
PHYSICAL HEALTH RESULTS (How this program will benefit your personal health)
- In this program, you will have a chance to be the patient – even if you’re not sick – so you can be a better healer!
- Gain insight into what it’s like for clients to go through the vulnerable, transformational process you will be guiding them through
- Assess your own Whole Health Cairn
- Reconnect with your physical body and the wisdom of what its signals are telling you (many healers have disconnected from the somatic self – we’re walking cerebrums who have numbed out, which unplugs us from the body’s innate intuition)
- Feel greater sensory awareness (finely tune your body compass – and yes, even enjoy better sex!)
- Diagnose any underlying root causes of illnesses or health challenges in your own life
- Craft “The Prescription” for yourself. Uncover what is out of balance in your life – and how can you optimize your own personal health.
- Learn how to decrease stress responses in your own body and activate more relaxation responses as both preventative health and treatment
- Watch your own health improve – and convince yourself that these processes really work!
- Learn how to triple your energy so you have the stamina to achieve your visionary dreams
MENTAL HEALTH RESULTS (How this program will leave you with a happier, healthier mind)
- Fully experience your emotions again (yes, medicine tends to disconnect us from the richness of our emotional experience. And yes, when you cut off sadness, you cut off joy. Watch yourself wake up and feel the richness and aliveness of your feelings!)
- Open the heart you may have closed in order to protect yourself from the pain of loss inherent in medicine
- Let more love, tenderness, and softness into your life
- Discover how balancing your Whole Health Cairn leaves you feeling happier, less irritable, and more aligned with your authentic self
- Free yourself from fear, depression, and anxiety
- Appreciate the ability to feel whatever you feel – happy, sad, angry, frustrated, blissful, melancholy – so the feelings can pass through you without getting stuck and potentially causing illness
- Free yourself from circular thoughts that spiral you down
Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Health Care Provider Training Program is a 4 Month Commitment Beginning July 2014
What Will The Whole Health Medicine Institute Health Care Provider Training Include?
FILL YOURSELF FIRST: A 3 Day “Heal The Healer” Intensive Workshop With LISSA RANKIN, RACHEL NAOMI REMEN, MARTHA BECK, and ANNE DAVIN
The Whole Health Medicine Institute Health Care Provider Training will launch off with a 3 day, hands-on, jump-right-in workshop intended to introduce you to your teachers and healer colleagues while also reminding you that, in order to heal others, you must heal yourself first.
Kick off your weekend on Friday night with Lissa Rankin and Martha Beck welcoming you together as a tribe of revolutionaries. Expect to feel the bond of connection with your fellow healers by the end of your first night together. Friday night begins the process of healing YOU so you can heal others, not from a place of depletion, but from overflowing abundance of life force. Saturday morning, we’ll spend the morning with our tribal elder and mind-body medicine pioneer Dr. Rachel Naomi Remen, who will initiate you into your journey and remind you who you are and why you were called to do what you do. Saturday afternoon, you’ll go to “Magic Camp” with Martha, who will evoke in you your inner mystic and help you demonstrate to yourself that when you marry magic and medicine, miracles happen. Lissa and Anne Davin close out the weekend on Sunday by calling you into your higher purpose, invoking the leader within you, getting you ready for the four month journey that lies ahead.
In this workshop, you can expect to:
- Begin to heal – from the depths of your soul – past traumas, particularly those inflicted by the medical system itself.
- Open your heart, which may have shut down as a result of navigating the health care system
- Reconnect with the magic of what it means to be a healer
- Illuminate and heal from the helplessness that plagues many health care providers so you can step fully into your power as a leader in your field
- Recommit to your calling so you realize you DO belong in your field, even if you’ve felt disconnected from it
- Start the 4 month gestation that will grant you new eyes, open you back up to joy, fundamentally change how you practice, and give you new life
- Practice Martha Beck’s “4 Technologies of Magic” and learn how to incorporate them into your life and your practice
- Tap into the spiritual realm that will make you the best healer possible
- Develop relationships with other healers who’ve actually experienced what you’ve experienced
- Learn to trust the wisdom of your intuition, which will guide your life and your practice
- Set clear intentions about what you hope to garner from the program, so you can take steps towards manifesting your visionary dreams
- Laugh – a lot!
The “Heal The Healer” Workshop will take place at the renowned Sir Francis Drake Hotel in the heart of downtown San Francisco and Union Square July 18 – 20, 2014.
Your tuition for Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Health Care Provider Training includes:
- Workshop fee
- Lunch on Saturday
You will be responsible for:
- Air and ground transportation, lodging, and meals
2, 60-minute ORIENTATION & WRAP UP CONFERENCE CALLS to Welcome You and Close the course with Lissa Rankin, MD and Anne Davin, PhD
- Welcome & Orientation: Tuesday, July 15, 12:00 pm Pacific Time
- Wrap Up & Closing: Tuesday, October 21, 12:00 pm Pacific Time
13 TELECLASSES THAT ARE 90-MINUTES EACH with Lissa
Rankin, MD, Anne Davin, PhD & Guest Speakers as listed
Whole Health Medicine Institute Curriculum
The education you will experience at the Institute falls under three pillars- “Heal The Healer,” which is a personal/spiritual transformative growth process, “Business Development,” which is aimed at helping you add value to your “whole health practice” so you might have the option of using your medical expertise as part of an entrepreneurial venture, and “Core Curriculum,” where you will be taught tools that will help you build a richer, more satisfying, more patient-centered doctor-patient relationship.
Classes will include 60 minutes of content and 30 minutes of Question & Answer. Classes will be held live, but all classes will also be recorded so you can participate when your schedule permits. You will be responsible for the cost of calling into the US-based conference call line. For international callers, we invite you to try Skype to minimize costs. All teleclasses take place on Tuesdays at 12:00 pm PT on the following dates:
Module 1: July 22, Change the World of Healthcare, Guest Speaker Larry Dossey, MD
This “Core Curriculum” and “Business Development” module focuses on what we as a collective need to do in order to heal our broken health care system. What needs to change externally in the system? What needs to change internally within doctors and clients? What leadership role will you play in being part of the change? Larry Dossey, author of the bestselling Healing Words, proposes what he calls “Era 3 medicine,” and will teach us how we might adopt this evolved perspective in order to become better doctors, transform health care, and step into our roles as leaders of this revolution.
Module 2: July 29, How To Use The Whole Health Cairn
The Whole Health Cairn, a wellness model that was introduced in Mind Over Medicine, serves as the foundation of the perspective you will be taught at the Institute. You will be given practical tools to teach you how to help clients access the Cairn as part of their healing journey. You will also be expected to work through your own Whole Health Cairn with your “practice partner”, and you will be leading your “practice partner” through the process as a way to practice the tools you will be taught. As such, this module falls under both “Core Curriculum” and “Heal the Healer.”
Module 3: August 5, Communication Skills
This module is designed to expose you to a series of basic communication skills that you can use with clients. Based on the work of Carl Rogers, the father of humanistic psychology, 10 tools and a philosophy for how to “presence” oneself as a helper will be taught. This course is lead by Anne Davin PhD, past director of the Counseling Skills program at the University of California, Santa Barbara. This falls under the “Core Curriculum” pillar of the program. You will have a chance to practice these tools directly with your “practice partner” and while using of the Six Steps to Healing as assigned in the Student Guide.
Module 4: August 12, The Six Steps To Healing Yourself Part I: Steps 1-2
This “Core Curriculum” module teaches Step 1 (Believe you can get well) and Step 2 (Find the right support) of the 6 Steps To Healing Yourself. You will be instructed on how to facilitate a patient’s process as the patient works through these first two steps. You will also be meeting with your “practice partner” both to work through these steps yourself and to facilitate your practice partner’s process as practice for what you will do with clients.
Module 5: August 19, The Placebo & Nocebo Effect
This “Core Curriculum” module focuses on how a combination of positive belief and nurturing care can heal not just the mind, but also the physiology of the body. You will be taught the science proving that the placebo effect and it’s evil twin, the nocebo effect, are not only real, but their effects are reproducible even without sugar pills. You will also be taught the scientific nechanism by which a combination of positive belief and nurturing care improves health outcomes, while negative belief and poor bedside manners negatively affect health outcomes. As preparation for this module, you will be given an unpublished chapter that was cut from Mind Over Medicine, and a discussion will ensue about the ethics of using placebos in clinical medicine.
Module 6: August 26, The Six Steps to Healing Yourself Part II: Steps 3-4
This “Core Curriculum” module focuses on Step 3 (Listen to your intuition and trust your body’s wisdom) and Step 4 (Diagnose the root cause of your illness) of the 6 Steps to Healing Yourself. You will be given tools to help facilitate these steps with your clients and will be given the opportunity to practice these tools with your “practice partner.”
Module 7: September 2, The Body As A Compass, Guest Speaker Steve Sisgold
This module blends “Core Curriculum” with “Heal The Healer,” as guest teacher Steve Sisgold, author of What’s Your Body Telling You?, teaches you how to use your body as a compass, guiding your decision-making, both as a doctor and as a patient. Steve’s work also focuses on how our bodies store limiting, self-sabotaging beliefs, and how even if we change our minds, our bodies may betray us unless we release these beliefs from the body. Steve teaches practical tools you can use on yourself, which will also be helpful when you work with clients. You will have the opportunity to practice these tools with your practice partner.
Module 8: September 9, Outrageous Openness, Guest Speaker Tosha Silver
Guest teacher Tosha Silver, author of Outrageous Openness, will teach how Step 6 should really be Step 1. Her teaching focuses on the “how to” of surrender, so we can help our clients do everything within their power to achieve optimal health outcomes, but ultimately, we are not in control, and neither are our clients. This overtly spiritual module also offers practical advice on how to make an “offering” to the Universe to help bring your intentions into being in a way that honors your desire to live in alignment with your soul’s values.
Module 9: September 16, The Six Steps To Healing Yourself: Steps 5-6
This “Core Curriculum” module focuses on Step 5 (Write Your Own Prescription) and Step 6 (Surrender attachment to outcomes) of the 6 Steps to Healing Yourself. You will be given tools to help facilitate these steps with your clients and will be given the opportunity to practice these tools with your “practice partner.” In addition to teaching our clients how to create a patient-centered action plan (The Prescription), it is also our responsibility as true healers to guide our clients spiritually and help them learn to let the Divine take the lead in their own lives.
Module 10: September 23, You Are Not A Victim Of Your Genes, Guest Speaker Bruce Lipton, PhD
This “Core Curriculum” module focuses on dispelling myths about genetic determinism that you may have been taught during your medical education and proves to you that you and your clients are not victims of their genes. Bruce Lipton will be sharing the findings of his research, which were published in his bestselling book The Biology Of Belief. You will learn how to help your clients improve their health outcomes by shifting their conscious and subconscious beliefs from self-defeating, fatalistic “I am a victim of my genes” thinking to optimistic thoughts that can affect how our DNA expresses itself in vivo.
Module 11: September 30, Unleash Your Creativity, Guest Speaker SARK (Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy)
This “Core Curriculum” module focuses on how to offer inspiration and guidance to patients in their process of living more powerfully and authentically, and being more actively creative on a daily basis. Susan will share her expertise in personal well-being and transformation. You will learn how to let gladness expand into your heart and touch that place deep inside of you—your inner Wise Self—that already knows everything you’ll ever need in this world is within you.
Module 12: October 7, The Fear Cure
Once you’ve worked through the 6 Steps To Healing Yourself with a client, you’re likely to run into one big stumbling block- fear. Module 12 previews content from Lissa’s next book The Fear Cure to help you and your clients overcome unnecessary fear, as well as learn how to differentiate healthy fear from unhealthy fear. You’ll learn practical tools intended to help you and your clients make decisions from the soul’s wisdom rather than the small self’s fears in order to cultivate the kind of courage you’ll need in order to live a soul-driven life.
Module 13: October 14, SURPRISE!
We had two celebrity doctors in mind to teach Module 13, but then we decided to surprise you. All Divinely-led programs need space for synchronicity and serendipity, so we’re trusting that the perfect guest speaker will make him or herself known in order to knock your socks off on October 14. Get ready to be amazed in the final teleclass of the program!
BONUS: Visionary Ignition Switch (VIS): Fire Up Your Message, Money & Meaning in the World with Lissa Rankin & Amy Ahlers ($997 value)
This 8-week webinar program is co-taught by Lissa Rankin and Amy Ahlers (along with expert interviews with Firestarters Danielle LaPorte & Linda Siversten, President of Hay House Reid Tracy, Tribal Author Jonathan Fields, Crazy Sexy Kris Carr, Author & Speaker Arielle Ford, Expert Speaker Lisa Nichols, EFT Guru Nick Ortner, Entrepreneur Extraordinaire Ryan Lee, Facebook Expert Rosh Khan, Master Coach Alexis Neely, and Financial Whiz Barbara Stanny.) This bonus course is part of the “Business Development” pillar.
This program teaches you ALL the details you’ll need to:
- Grow your “platform”
- Network like a genius with other visionaries
- Score a killer book deal or make the right decision for you about self-publishing
- Launch your book to the stratosphere regardless of how you decide to publish
- Rock the stage
- Monetize your vision with online programs that generate passive revenue
- Transform your one-on-one business into platinum offerings that will fulfill you on a deep level, while also bringing in some serious income
- Change your mindset so you can think and act like a millionaire
Armed with this business school for visionaries program, you’ll have everything you need to get started in your visionary physician business.
Students have the option of participating in a recommended schedule for completing this 8-week home-study program that includes a bi-weekly Question & Answer Call with Amy Ahlers, the course co-author. This intensive training will occur in the months of August – September.
VIS Module 1: August 11 – 15, How to Build Your Platform: Build Your List, Rock Social Media, & Attract The Tribe That Will Help You Amplify Your Message
VIS Module 2: August 18 – 22, Become a Networking God or Goddess: How to Become BFF’s & Business Partners With Your Heroes & Sheroes PLUS the Skinny on Rocking Affiliates, Masterminds, and Joint Venture Partnerships
VIS Module 3: August 25 – 29, Vision Your Book, Score the Book Deal & Bring Your Book to Life: How To Choose What To Write, Get The Right Agent, Score A Killer Book Deal, & Decide How To Publish
VIS Module 4: September 1 – 5, Launch Your Book to the Stratosphere: How To Optimize Your Chances of a Bestseller, Make Money During Your Launch & Help Your Message Reach the Most Readers
VIS Module 6: September 8 – 12, Rock The Mic: Tips For Clarifying What You Want To Say, Overcoming Stage Fright, Attracting Paid Speaking Gigs, Selling From The Stage, Hosting LIVE events & Getting on Television
VIS Module 7: September 15 – 19, Build Your Online Empire: Market & Fill Your Teleclasses & Leave People Begging to Pay You For Your Next Offering
VIS Module 7: September 22 – 26, The Truth About Monetizing Your Following: Generate Revenue with Your Platform, Leverage Your One-on-One Time & Create Platinum Programs
VIS Module 8: September 29 – Oct 3, Think Platinum & Make It Happen: Get Out of Your Own Way, Send Your Inner Mean Girl/Bully to Time Out, Eliminate Self-Sabotaging Beliefs & Finally Bring Your Vision to Life
4 GROUP COACHING CALLS THAT ARE 60-MINUTES EACH with VIS course co-author, Amy Ahlers
60 MINUTES EACH with Amy Ahlers designed to provide personalized coaching in a group format to deepen and expand your learning of the Visionary Ignition Switch course content and material. You will be responsible for the cost of calling into the US-based conference call line. For international callers, we invite you to try Skype to minimize costs. All classes will take place on Fridays at 12:00 pm Pacific Time.
- Group Coaching Call 1: August 22
- Group Coaching Call 2: September 5
- Group Coaching Call 3: September 19
- Group Coaching Call 4: October 3
A WHOLE HEALTH MEDICINE INSTITUTE STUDENT GUIDE
This guide is given in the beginning of the program and will contain the exercises, forms, and other essential materials from the 4-month training that you can use with your clients.
WHOLE HEALTH MEDICINE INSTITUTE BOOK CLUB
A COPY OF LISSA RANKIN’S New York Times Bestselling book MIND OVER MEDICINE: SCIENTIFIC PROOF THAT YOU CAN HEAL YOURSELF
This book will be your primary text book and will serve as the focal point for some of what you will be trained to do.
Your tuition includes 2 additional books FINDING YOUR WAY IN A WILD NEW WORLD by Martha Beck and KITCHEN TABLE WISDOM by Rachel Naomi Remen.
WHOLE HEALTH MEDICINE INSTITUTE FORUM: Inclusion in this program will grant you access to a private forum where you can engage with other participants in the program.
Going through a program like this transforms your life, and when you’re going through a transformational experience, you’ll want to share it with others who get it. On this forum, you’ll have a chance to share your thoughts, brainstorm ideas, voice challenges you’re facing, offer feedback, network with like-minded physicians, and post questions we’ll discuss on the live calls.
BONUS #1: FIND YOUR CALLING with Martha Beck, Lissa Rankin & Amy Ahlers ($297 value)
As a health care provider, you may feel like you’ve already found your calling, but callings tend to morph and evolve as we grow personally and spiritually. The Find Your Calling teleclass series is designed to help you clarify your life’s purpose so you can make yourself a vessel for Divine work in the world. When you’re aligned with your soul’s work and willing to let yourself get used for a higher purpose, the Universe tends to roll out the red carpet and assist you in bringing this purposeful work into being. This program is meant to facilitate this process. This home study program will be available to participants in the Whole Health Medicine Institute Health Care Provider Training program when it launches.
BONUS #2: MEDICINE FOR THE SOUL with Rachel Naomi Remen & Lissa Rankin ($297 value)
Western medicine has much to offer our clients. We’ve increased the life expectancy of Americans by thirty years in the past century because of the technological advancements of Western medicine. But we’ve lost something in the process, something vital to the healing process. The Medicine For The Soul teleclass series picks up where Western medicine leaves off, offering you the kind of soul medicine shamans practice. Designed to diagnose and treat what the shamans call “soul loss,” this program is meant to heal you by helping your soul take over as the guiding force of your life. Medicine For The Soul offers you tools and practices that you can apply to yourself, which can then be shared with your clients. Healing the healer is a core pillar in the Whole Health Medicine Institute, and our intention is that this program will be an essential part of your own personal and spiritual healing so you can facilitate the same sort of transformation in the lives of your clients. When this program launches as a home study program, you will be gifted with the recordings of this teleclass series.
OPTIONAL WHOLE HEALTH MEDICINE INSTITUTE HEALTH CARE PROVIDER TRAINING “Badge” of completion:
Some of you will want to experience the Whole Health Medicine Institute Health Care Provider Training as a personal and professional growth experience designed to increase job satisfaction, improve patient outcomes, and optimize your personal health and happiness. But some of you will be going through this program as a way to prepare you for an entrepreneurial Whole Health Medicine business.
If you are applying for this program primarily as a personal growth experience, going through the certification process may not be necessary for you. But if you’re also applying for this program as a professional growth experience you may be interested in earning a Badge of completion. This Badge grants you the opportunity to be listed as a Lissa Rankin-endorsed referral on the Whole Health Medicine Institute website, which will be linked to from LissaRankin.com and MindOverMedicineBook.com.
If you’re interested in earning the Badge of completion this process includes:
- Documentation of 10 patient/client hours utilizing the 6 Steps to Healing
- A written test on the core content of the program
The Whole Health Medicine Badge of completion process is designed to assess your interpersonal skills and test your knowledge of the Whole Health Medicine Institute tools. Those who earn the Badge will be held to the highest standards. Badge designation is optional and is not automatic or guaranteed.
All health care providers who are granted a Badge of completion will receive:
- The Whole Health Medicine Health Care Provider Badge to place on marketing materials and your website.
- A Whole Health Medicine Health Care Provider listing on Lissa Rankin’s website.
- 10% discount on Lissa Rankin’s future online programs
- And more (we’re always noodling new cool things to offer those we certify)
The Badge fee is $149 and is payable at the time you choose to enter the steps towards completion.
This Badge is mandatory if you are interested in being considered as a trainer for future Whole Health Medicine Institute training programs for health care providers.
Why Get the Badge?
- You want to grow a cash-pay business. In Mind Over Medicine, Lissa’s public television special, Lissa’s TEDx talks and other public speeches, and many blog posts, clients are strongly encouraged to find a health care provider trained to facilitate the self-healing process.
- You want to ensure that you’ve fully integrated what you’ve learned. By undergoing the Badge of completion process, you will receive validation that you have mastered the skills necessary to successfully facilitate the self-healing process, while integrating it with your health care background.
- You want the cache of being affiliated with Lissa Rankin and the Whole Health Medicine Institute. With hundreds of thousands of blog and book readers, TEDx talk viewers, PBS viewers, and social media followers, Lissa’s reach and reputation lends value to your business.
- You’re interested in being considered as a Whole Health Medicine Institute trainer. As a graduate of this program who has earned the Badge of completion, you will qualify to be considered as a trainer for health care providers in the future. If you’re ready to step fully into your leadership role and generate revenue while spreading what you’ve learned and being a force for healing health care, the Badge of completion will give you this option if the Institute is hiring trainers in the future.
Why Is the Badge of Completion Not Included In This Program?
- When we surveyed health care providers, we discovered that health care providers are motivated to get trained at the Whole Health Medicine Institute for a variety of reasons. Some health care providers are motivated to undergo this training for personal reasons. Others simply want to learn new tools they will incorporate into an existing successful medical practice within the conventional medical system. Still others are looking for ways to escape the conventional medical system. We figured there’s no point asking those who are doing this for personal growth reasons or those who are not seeking referrals to undergo the process of the Badge. So we’ve made the Badge of completion optional.
Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute 2014 Guest Teachers
Amy Ahlers, the Wake-Up Call Coach and bestselling author of, Big Fat Lies Women Tell Themselves: Ditch your Inner Critic and Wake Up Your Inner Superstar, is on a mission to wake up the sacred in your everyday life. She has been an International Certified Success Coach, the CEO of Wake-Up Call Coaching and co-founder of Inner Mean Girl Reform School with Christine Arylo, Visionary Ignition Switch with Lissa Rankin and Find Your Calling with Lissa Rankin and Martha Beck.
Martha Beck is a writer and “life coach” who specializes in helping people design satisfying and meaningful life experiences. She worked as a research associate at Harvard Business School, studying career paths and life-course changes in today’s economic and social environment. She has published academic books and articles on a variety of social science and business topics.
Her non-academic books include the New York Times bestsellers Expecting Adam and Leaving the Saints, as well as Finding Your Own North Star: Claiming the Life You Were Meant to Live and her newest book, Steering by Starlight. Dr. Beck has also been a contributing editor for many popular magazines, including Real Simple and Redbook, and is currently a columnist for O, the Oprah Magazine. Dr. Beck lives in Phoenix, Arizona, with her family.
Anne Davin, PhD is a licensed psychotherapist and executive leadership coach whose 25 years of clinical and organizational psychology expertise guides and informs her work at Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute. She received a Doctorate in Depth Psychology (which is the study of the soul) from Pacifica Graduate Institute, where she also taught as adjunct faculty. Her dissertation research, was inspired by her life as a young wife marrying into Taos Pueblo a Native American tribe, and focused on the role of psyche and culture in the marginalized voice of the feminine. She is the past Director of Alcohol and other Drug Studies program for the University of California, Santa Barbara Extension and continues to provide training and clinical supervision for university psychology programs, Marriage and Family Therapist interns, and volunteer crisis workers. Presently, Anne directs the nation’s largest comprehensive systems change project for the California State Department of Education, making her particularly well suited to help facilitate systems change in the realm of health care. Anne resides in Marin County where she also maintains a private counseling and coaching practice for local and international clients.
Larry Dossey, MD is a former internist and chief of staff of Medical City Dallas Hospital and former co-chair of the Panel on Mind/Body Interventions, National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, National Institutes of Health. He is the executive editor of Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing and the author of ten books on the role of consciousness and spirituality in healing, including the New York Times bestseller Healing Worlds: The Power of Prayer and the Practice of Medicine. Dr. Dossey lives in Santa Fe with his wife, award-winning author Barbara Montgomery Dossey, Ph.D., R.N.
Bruce H. Lipton, PhD is an internationally recognized leader in bridging science and spirit. Stem cell biologist, bestselling author of The Biology of Belief and recipient of the 2009 Goi Peace Award. Dr. Lipton lectures to conventional and complementary medical professionals and lay audiences about leading-edge science and how it dovetails with mind-body medicine and spiritual principles
Rachel Naomi Remen, MD is a Clinical Professor of Family and Community Medicine at the University of California San Francisco School of Medicine and Founder and Director of the Institute for the Study of Health and Illness at Commonweal. She is one of the pioneers of Integrative Medicine and Relationship Centered Care. As a clinician she was a therapist to EOL people and their families for more than 30 years. Dr. Remen is the Founder and Director of The Healer’s Art curriculum for medical students, which is now taught in more than half of American Medical schools and medical schools in 7 countries abroad. Through her CME/BRN programs, Dr. Remen has enabled thousands of physicians to recover a sense of passion, calling and meaning in their work. She is co-founder and medical director of the Commonweal Cancer Help Retreat Program, one of the first integrative care support groups for cancer patients in America, featured in the groundbreaking 1993 Bill Moyer’s PBS series Healing and the Mind. Dr. Remen’s bestselling books Kitchen Table Wisdom: Stories that Heal and My Grandfather’s Blessings: Stories of Strength, Refuge and Belonging have over a million copies in print and have been published in 22 languages. Dr. Remen has a 60-year personal history of Crohn’s disease, and brings the unique perspective of both physician and patient to her work.
Bernie Siegel, MD is a retired general/pediatric surgeon who is now involved in humanizing medical care and medical education. In 1978, he originated Exceptional Cancer Patients (ECaP), a specific form of individual and group therapy. He is the author of Love, Medicine & Miracles; Peace, Love & Healing; How to Live Between Office Visits; Prescriptions for Living; and Help Me to Heal (with Yosaif August). Bernie and his wife, Bobbie, live in Connecticut and have five children and eight grandchildren. Bernie embraces a philosophy of living and dying that stands at the forefront of the ethical and spiritual issues our society and medical care grapple with today.
Tosha Silver is the author of Outrageous Openness: Letting the Divine Take the Lead, and the new Make Me Your Own: Poems to the Divine Beloved.
Steve Sisgold is as an author, speaker, trainer and executive coach Steve has taught thousands how to use their innate body intelligence to create better health, prosperity and richer personal and business relationships.
He has appeared on major radio and TV shows including PBS and Oprah radio and blogs for Psychology Today. As a stress management and peak performance expert, he presently does Keynote Speaking, on and off site Trainings, and is a Personal Coach.
Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Health Care Provider Training Program
Is ONLY Right For You If:
- You’re seeking a MORE MEANINGFUL, more nurturing, more healing way to interact with others
- You’re not fully satisfied with how health care is being delivered and received, and you at least feel a nudge towards BEING A LEADER in the quest to revolutionize health care
- You’re curious about how you might CRAFT A UNIQUE CAREER PATH for yourself that opens doors, opens minds, generates financial abundance, and helps a whole lot of people
- You’re willing to be brave enough to do the same sort of PERSONAL AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH WORK you’ll be asking your clients to do
- You’re ready to commit to a radical way to combine MIND-BODY MEDICINE PRACTICES, COMMUNICATION SKILLS, & CONVENTIONAL MEDICINE
- You’re ready to be FIERCE about FOLLOWING YOUR INTUITION, TRUSTING YOUR HEALING SUPERPOWERS, AND TAKING ACTION towards achieving your visionary goals, even if the path you find yourself on may feel scary at times (in a giddy, butterflies-in-your-stomach, exciting way)
- You are willing to be DECISIVE, SEEK (AND SPEAK) YOUR TRUTH, and CLAIM what you want out of this one wild and precious life
- You’re willing and able to FULLY commit to your own professional and personal growth. You will not achieve the results we know are possible for you unless you show up fully, ask for support when you need it, and follow through on the actions steps you’ll help co-create.
- You’re willing to be OPEN-MINDED, OPEN-HEARTED, and TRY NEW IDEAS and experiences that will help you grow.
- You have a BIG DREAM for the kind of radically vital life you wish to manifest and you’re interested in helping others achieve the same sorts of big dreams.
You do NOT need to already have a clear idea of HOW to achieve what you desire, either personally or professionally. You merely have to know – just know - that you’re done settling for how most health care providers spend their careers and lives. You have to have a strong desire to change the rules, make a difference, and help people transform not just their health, but their lives. You have to be ready to play bigger than you ever have so far.
This program is for visionary health care providers who are tired of the status quo, are ready for change, are sick of playing small, and are 1,000% committed to bringing into the world what yearns to be born.
(Yes, we’re talking about you!)
If You Choose To Become One Of The 120 Health Care Providers In Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training:
Your Commitment Includes:
- Reading this invitation (all the way through). We filled the 2013 and 2014 classes of physicians very quickly, so please, if you know this is right for you, register right away!
- Being present at the in-person workshop. Attendance at the live event is mandatory, so if you suspect you’ll be unable to attend, please save a spot for someone who will be able to be present.
- Participating in all teleclasses either by joining us LIVE or by listening in after the calls have been recorded.
- Showing up for your fellow visionary health care providers during this program and being willing to accept each other, unconditionally and without judgment.
- Maintaining confidentiality with your fellow visionary healers, as we will be revealing personal experiences that are critical to our own personal, professional, and spiritual growth.
- Refraining from multi-tasking during classes and workshops.
- Letting us know about any personal situations that may interfere with your training.
- Being accountable for your choices and actions.
- Being willing to take risks, try new things, and stretch beyond your current experience.
- Being responsible for your own results, which includes proactively asking for support, using your program benefits, and communicating along the way if you’re not achieving or experiencing what you hoped you would.
- Honoring your investment and the expectations you are making in yourself by handling any situations that may take you away from your experience, being patient with yourself, and resting when necessary to periodically “catch up.”
- Honoring your relationship with your teachers (when you tell us the truth and we tell you the truth, we can go deeper, heal quicker, and unleash your true potential.)
- Being gentle and compassionate with yourself. This program is not designed as an excuse for you to beat yourself up. You will have the opportunity to go at your own pace, do what you can, when you can, and learn what you’re here to learn in a way that allows you to experience ease and grace. (While you will be learning a lot about health care, this is definitely NOT medical school. We will be maintaining a trauma-free zone!)
Our Commitment To You Includes:
- Offering you the highest quality education, with the best mind-body medicine teachers on the planet.
- Doing whatever it takes to ensure that you understand and assimilate what you’re learning in order to apply it to patient care and/or your visionary business.
- Maintaining the highest level of confidentiality. You can honestly tell your teachers ANYTHING. We won’t even tell our pets.
- Passionately believing in you and your ability to achieve your visionary dreams.
- Showing up fully, in service to any needs of yours that might arise.
- Allowing you to be unapologetically authentic, in all aspects of your life.
- Holding you accountable to the wisdom and brilliance of your Inner Pilot Light, even when you may not feel the warmth of your own radiance.
- Being in integrity at all times.
- Holding high standards for you and helping you to resolve and move beyond whatever is not in alignment with your brilliance.
- Holding equally high standards for ourselves, so we can be the leaders you deserve.
- Being kind, patient, and loving with you and your progress so that you know you always have a safe place to express where you are, what you’re experiencing, and who you are.
- Providing accountability, the same way you will be providing accountability to your clients.
- Knowing that, no matter what, you are whole, perfect, healed, and connected to Source, and that anything is possible for you, no matter how many obstacles you may anticipate.
- Caring deeply about you, your success, your relationships, your health, and your life.
- Trusting that all is happening as it should for you, in divine timing, in accordance with the highest good.
Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Health Care Provider Training Tuition
The investment for this life-altering program is $3,497.
Payment Plan 1: $3,497 is due immediately upon acceptance.
Payment Plan 2 (Installment Plan): $1,347 non-refundable deposit immediately upon acceptance, then two additional monthly payments of $1,347.
Optional Badge of Completion: This separate fee of $149 is paid at the time of purchase if you so choose to complete the Badge.
“BUT WOW! THAT’S A LOT OF MONEY AND I’VE ALREADY INVESTED SO MUCH!”
Yes. We know you may have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars becoming a healer already. We also remember how scary it was to invest in a dream you can’t guarantee will come to fruition. Most of your teachers at the Whole Health Medicine Institute took huge personal, professional, and financial risks to get where we are professionally. Most of us also invested hundreds of thousands of dollars building our visionary businesses.
We also know that sometimes The Universe tests us to see whether we’re really, truly, 100% IN. If your Inner Pilot Light just knows this is the next step for you, taking a leap of faith like this can be your way of telling The Universe you’ll do whatever it takes to realize your vision, even if it feels like a huge stretch.
Keep in mind that because of the nature of what you will learn in this program, you can expect a return on your investment that has the possibility not only to lead to revenue generation for your business, but also to teach you tools to continue generating revenue beyond when this program ends so that your visionary health care business becomes a sustainable source of revenue generation.
Commitment and Termination
The Whole Health Medicine Institute Health Care Provider Training program is a FOUR MONTH commitment. If for any reason you choose not to continue – or you stop participating – you will continue to be liable for the fees of this program.
This kind of program is a powerful transformational process and at times, you may feel “up against a wall,” as if your visionary dreams are not happening or something isn’t working. This is often a perfect sign that you are releasing obstacles and overcoming limiting beliefs. Our request is that any and all concerns with regard to these kinds of feelings be addressed with your teachers so we can do our best to meet your needs. When brought to light, we can use these feelings as an opportunity to deal with any blocks that are coming to light so we can go deeper. Working together, we will make sure your needs are met.
THIS IS YOUR CHANCE!
At the Whole Health Medicine Institute, we are passionate about YOU, the well-being of YOUR CLIENTS, your RADICAL, VITAL, VISIONARY LIFE, and YOUR professional success – no matter what!
What does the wisdom of your intuition tell you? Is this Whole Health Medicine Institute Health Care Provider Training opportunity right for you, your body, your mind, your heart, your soul, your spirit, and your business?
Only you know the answer, but I can promise you this. No other program combines this kind of education from the pioneers in the fields of mind-body medicine into one comprehensive training program. There is also no other program that combines the life and professional experience of visionaries with the medical expertise of physicians, the knowledge of successful business men and women, and the guidance of experienced coaches who are ready to help you achieve REVOLUTIONARY VISIONARY SUCCESS as a healer, so you can skyrocket to the stratosphere, in your own unique way, in both your personal and professional life.
THIS IS YOUR TIME!
Close your eyes, take a breath, and tap into the wisdom of your wise self. Ask yourself what is best for you, but be aware of how your fears start butting in with lies like “You’re not good enough,” “You don’t deserve this,” “You can’t afford it,” “You don’t have the time,” “This won’t work for you,” “People will think you’re crazy,” “You’re not ready for this yet,” “You’re not really a leader,” and other evil nothings. This is simply The Gremlin’s way of getting in your way and keeping you stuck, when the world is your oyster, we need you to step into your power, and this is the time.
Trust us, as visionaries, we know how scary choosing to do something like this can feel. It takes courage to GO FOR IT. We remember the quivering in our stomachs as we stood at the edge of that cliff and looked down into the abyss – then screaming “GERONIMO!” just as we discovered that not only were we not falling – we were FLYING!
**Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Health Care Provider Training program is strictly limited to only 120 spots, and these spots will be filled quickly **
We know it feels overwhelming to think that any of us could have the power to truly heal ourselves, much less to heal health care, when the system is so broken. But as Margaret Mead said, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”
The world needs us to step up to the plate, and as Dr. Larry Dossey recently told Lissa, “The time is now.”
If your inner knowing is whispering, “YES! THIS IS WHAT I NEED!” then the next step is easy.
These next 4 months have the power to change your life – and those of the clients you serve – forever, but only if you take the brave first step and request and complete your application today.
Is this right for you? Aren’t you ready?
With love and faith in your journey,
Lissa Rankin, M.D.