Whole Health Medicine Institute
Thank you for your interest in Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute. The Class of 2015 is currently in session and we look forward to the Class of 2016. If you would like to be notified about the exact date when enrollment opens for 2016, please fill out the form below.
We look forward to the Class of 2016 of the Whole Health Medicine Institute.
Calling All Visionary Healers
Nurses, Midwives, Doctors, Naturopaths, Acupuncturists, Therapists, Dentists, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Health Coaches & Other Health Care Providers:
Healing Health Care Starts With YOU!
Are You Ready To Wake Up Health Care & Transform
Heal Yourself, Grow Your Wisdom, Reclaim Your Calling & Revolutionize Health Care With Lissa Rankin, Rachel Naomi Remen, Bernie Siegel, Larry Dossey, Bruce Lipton, and More
By requesting this invitation, you’ve already started to reclaim your rightful role as a healer so you can more fully serve others while connecting with fellow health care revolutionaries committed to the integrity of their callings. By claiming your position as a leader among those awakening consciousness in health care, you will have the opportunity to explore your personal and spiritual development, grow your business in creative, expansive ways, and make yourself a vessel for divine healing work
in the world.
The June 2015 Whole Health Medicine Institute Class is the first of its kind for WHMI. Instead of offering two separate tracks as we have done in previous years—one for doctors, and the second for “other” health care providers—we are combining these groups into a single track.
We believe health care and healing will benefit from more genuine collaboration among all the players in health care.
We believe that the walls that often exist between doctors and the rest of the health care spectrum need to be taken down.
We believe that there are many doctors who also recognize this but their non-MD colleagues may still see them
in old ways.
We believe there are many “non-MD” health providers who are the real innovators in healing and health care transformation and their wisdom needs to be shared.
We believe the Whole Health Medicine Institute can be one of the models for new ways to practice health care that are more humane, more compassionate, more inclusive, less competitive, and ultimately more effective.
During this 3 month program, you will have the opportunity to:
- Heal yourself first so you can heal the world without depleting yourself.
- Expand the scope of your expertise by incorporating a spiritual perspective into your work and your life.
- Recommit to your true calling as a healer.
- Find a loving, supportive community of health care revolutionaries who will alleviate the loneliness you may feel within a system that may feel out of alignment with your integrity.
- Utilize a revolutionary new wellness model to help clients expand their definition of health and play a more active role in their own healing process.
- Learn ways to feel more happy, fulfilled and in touch with meaning in medicine within the current health care system.
- Open your mind to alternative methods of practice, including cash-based, fee-for-service consulting with clients seeking mind-body-spirit approaches to health and healing.
- Empower your clients to tap into their intuition & help guide treatment decisions.
- Help clients view illness as an opportunity for personal growth and spiritual awakening.
- Develop more nurturing, fulfilling relationships with your clients.
- Increase your job satisfaction.
- Become a leader in revolutionizing how health care is delivered and received.
- Advance your own personal, professional, and spiritual growth.
Dear Visionary Healer,
Bless you for reaching out and showing interest in the Whole Health Medicine Institute. In this program, we’ll be teaching you how to use a six-step process for helping clients diagnose the real reason they’re sick, getting clear on what their bodies are trying to communicate with them, making life decisions aimed at improving the health of their minds, and learning how to use their intuition to combine Western medicine with self-healing mind-body medicine techniques aimed at decreasing the body’s “fight-or-flight” stress responses and activating the body’s innate natural self-repair mechanisms. We’ll also be empowering you to heal yourself so you can offer your healing art from a place of fullness, rather than from depletion.
For the past few years, the Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training program has been training health care providers to practice medicine according to Lissa Rankin, MD’s Mind Over Medicine philosophy, as shared in her New York Times bestselling book, featured on her National Public Television special Heal Yourself: Mind Over Medicine, and communicated in three TEDx talks. But many aligned physicians, even those who have been trained to do so, lack the time to work clients through the six steps to healing yourself. When we interviewed some of the doctors who graduated from previous programs, they expressed a strong desire to collaborate with other like-minded health care providers who might have more time to work one-on-one with clients. That’s when we decided to extend this program to those who might work independently or in harmony with health care providers like the Whole Health Medicine Institute doctors.
That’s where you come in. Healing health care will take a village, and we need you and your gifts in their most fully expressed form. For this round of the Whole Health Medicine Institute, we’ll be accepting 120 health care providers and physicians. Those qualified to participate include any licensed health care provider, such as nurses, nurse practitioners, midwives, physician assistants, psychologists, marriage and family therapists, acupuncturists, naturopaths, nutritionists, dentists, life coaches, health coaches, and other health care providers and healers, as well as physicians.
Are you the right healer to embark upon a program like this?
Is Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Right
Take this little pop quiz to find out.
- Do you feel called—the way a priest is called to the priesthood—to help others heal, transform, connect, love, create, succeed, and thrive, but you feel like your hands are tied in our broken health care system?
- Do you feel like your motivations for entering the field of health care were pure, but you now feel out of alignment with the field of health care?
- Would you love to find a way to enjoy more meaning, fulfillment, and a sense of mission and purpose with your work?
- Do you get behind in your work because you care too much to rush with your clients?
- Do you find yourself drawn to one or more of these things—spirituality, animals, alternative forms of healing, art, music, craft-making, or other creative pursuits?
- Are you frustrated with feeling like your gifts go unappreciated by others you might work with on the health care team?
- Have you felt traumatized by physicians and others within the health care system who don’t value what you bring to the Healing Round Table?
- Are you tired of following someone else’s rules, finding yourself attracted to the idea of setting your own hours, making your own rules, and starting something entrepreneurial?
- Have you read Lissa Rankin’s books or blogs, watched her public television special, or seen her speak live, and you hear this little voice in your head saying, “She’s talking right to ME! That’s what I believe too!?”
- Do you sense that something’s out of alignment with how medicine is being practiced and instead of feeling victimized by the system, you long to be part of the solution?
- Have you had a wake-up call with a health issue of your own—or that of a loved one—that changed everything for you, and now you want to use what you’ve learned from that experience to help clients?
- Do you have a tendency to over-give at the expense of your own health, happiness, sanity, and relationships, believing that to have true value in the world, you have to give until you’re depleted? Would you like to learn how to fill yourself first so you can more effectively help others heal?
- Are you tired of resenting your clients because they demand too much without accepting enough personal responsibility for their health? Are you ready to shift this dynamic to a more empowered one?
- Does managed care medicine make you crazy because your quality time with clients has interfered with the sacredness of the client-provider relationship?
- Are you sick of feeling unappreciated by health care providers who don’t realize how valuable your service is to the clients you both share?
- Are you ready to stop complaining about health care and start opening doors to a lucrative, fulfilling, revolutionary way to use your gifts instead?
- Would you relish a way to be well paid while spending more quality time with your clients?
- Do you know—just know—that there’s often more to chronic illness than just genetics or biochemistry?
- Are you interested in learning how to heal—not hex—your clients simply by changing your attitude and the language you use?
- Do you feel in your gut that clients would achieve better outcomes if they were more personally invested in their healing journey and accepted more responsibility for why they’re sick and how they might get better?
- Do you believe the body can be a compass—delivering messages in the form of physical symptoms meant to alert clients to imbalances in their personal, professional, and spiritual lives?
- Do you consider yourself a leader, but the state of health care has left you feeling helpless? Are you now ready to move beyond this helplessness to become part of the solution?
- Are you interested in adding a mind-body-spirit approach to your current practice and mindset?
- Do you consider yourself a spiritual person, and you sense that spirituality and health care should not be separated the way they have been?
- Have you found yourself reading this invitation while feeling a strong, inexplicable pull to sign up for this program? (Seriously, MANY of our applicants report feeling this way. It doesn’t have to make sense. And no—you’re not crazy!)
If you answered at least one of these questions with a rousing “Hell yeah,” you’re one of us—the team of visionary healers who will help transform health care from the inside out, though it’s possible you don’t feel so visionary quite yet. And that’s okay. We trust you. You’ll get there . . .
You were probably called to your field because you have the heart of a healer, and you are part of a lineage of healers that predates conventional medicine by millennia. Yet our health care system may have left you feeling dissociated from this lineage. Whether you work in an office, a hospital, or virtually, you may feel frustrated with feeling pressured to see more and more clients in less and less time. Or maybe you’ve escaped the system and you’ve hung out a shingle in a cash-based practice in order to have more quality time with your clients, but now you’re struggling to create a thriving practice amidst a stunted economy. Or perhaps you’ve even left medicine altogether because you were tired of selling out your health, happiness, or integrity in exchange for rising demands on your time and energy combined with plummeting reimbursement.
But what’s a responsible healer to do?
We know how frustrating it can be to walk the visionary healer’s path, especially in the world of conventional medicine.
You feel like:
- You were called to the field of health care, but you worry that you may have made a mistake.
- You’re feeling pressured to conform to a mold that feels way too constricting for someone with as expansive a vision as you have.
- You’d love to be free of the insurance-based health care system.
- You’d love to use your gifts as a healer to spend up to an hour with your clients while getting well paid for your time. Maybe you’d even love to write books or help others via public speaking. But you have no clue where to start.
- You’re so exhausted from overwork that you have no clue how you’d muster up the energy to transform your career into something that fulfills rather than drains you.
- Health and spirituality have been divorced by our current health care system, but you sense that marrying the two would result in better health outcomes for your clients, as well as more peace for you as a healer.
- You suspect that, with the right guidance, illness can be a vehicle for personal and spiritual awakening.
- You know, deep in your soul, that you were put here on this earth to help people remember that each human is imbued with a spark of divinity that makes us all precious and unique.
- You long to find a community of like-minded visionary health care providers who will remind you that you are never alone.
- You’re ready to expand how you practice medicine, and you’re looking for the right mentors to help you take a leap of faith.
- You want to stay in your current job, but you need help finding more meaning, fulfillment, and sense of connection with the calling that drew you to your field in the first place.
- You know there’s more to life, and you’re ready to finally take a risk and claim a vital, fulfilling, abundant, joyful life for yourself.
If this sounds like you, you are SO not alone. Most of the teachers at the Whole Health Medicine Institute felt exactly the same way at one point in their careers. That’s why we’ve developed a 3-month training program just for health care providers like you to teach you what pioneering mind-body medicine health care providers like Bernie Siegel, Larry Dossey, Rachel Naomi Remen, and Lissa Rankin have learned, as well as what gifted teachers like cell biologist Bruce Lipton have garnered from their risk-taking experiences.