If you’re interested in becoming a Whole Health Medicine Certified Physician and learning from Lissa Rankin, Martha Beck, Bernie Siegel, Rachel Naomi Remen, Larry Dossey, Bruce Lipton, and more…We invite you to learn more!
By requesting this invitation, you’ve already started to reclaim your rightful place as a healer so you can practice medicine in a whole new way, help heal health care, and gain new opportunities for growing your business and using your medical degree in creative, expansive ways.
During this 9 month program, you will have the opportunity to:
- Expand the scope of your medical expertise by incorporating a new belief system not taught in medical school in order to help patients achieve a wholly healthy body, mind, soul, and life
- Recommit to your true calling as a healer
- Find a loving, supportive community of doctors who will alleviate the loneliness you feel if you’ve jumped off the mother ship and you’re floundering around in the ocean of doctors who just don’t think like you
- Utilize a revolutionary new wellness model to help patients expand their definition of health and play a more active role in their own healing process
- Learn how you might have the option to escape the insurance-based health care system via a cash-based, fee-for-service medical practice that allows you to have up to an hour with each patient
- Empower your patients to tap into their intuition & help guide treatment decisions
- Help patients view illness as an opportunity for personal growth and spiritual awakening
- Develop more nurturing, fulfilling relationships with your patients
- Increase your job satisfaction
- Become a leader in revolutionizing how health care is delivered and received
- Advance your own spiritual growth
- Heal yourself first so you can heal the world
Dear Visionary Physician,
Bless you for reaching out and showing interest in the Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training program we’re offering to only 20 physicians who are interested in being forces for change in the health care system. In this program, we’ll be teaching a six-step process for helping patients diagnose the real reason they’re sick, getting clear on what their bodies are trying to communicate with them, making life decisions aimed at improving the health of their minds, and learning how to use their intuition to combine Western medicine with self-healing mind-body medicine techniques aimed at decreasing the body’s “fight-or-flight” stress responses and activating the body’s innate natural self-repair mechanisms.
Although we teach patients how to heal themselves at the Whole Health Medicine Institute, we also emphasize the imperative of finding the right physician to facilitate the process. Saying you can heal yourself is a bit of a misnomer. Although the body is beautifully equipped with natural self-repair mechanisms, the scientific data clearly demonstrates that the right physician is imperative to the healing process and that patient outcomes are dependent not only on a physician’s medical skill, but also on how nurturing, loving, and positive the physician is.
In the wake of the success of Dr. Lissa Rankin’s New York Times bestselling book Mind Over Medicine, we already get dozens of emails every day from patients seeking referrals to physicians who share the Whole Health philosophy. At the Whole Health Medicine Institute, we long to help unite like-minded physicians with the patients who are seeking them out.
That’s where you come in. By completing this nine month training program, you will be offering the world a huge service and helping us amplify our vision for practicing a new kind of medicine, while educating yourself with the skills necessary to help patients in a revolutionary new way that will bring you back in touch with what drew you to medicine in the first place.
Although the skills you will learn in this 9 month program will certainly make you a better doctor should you decide to stay in a managed-care, insurance-based medical system, this program will also equip you with desirable skills patients value enough to pay for out-of-pocket. Such skills will give you the option of exiting the medical establishment and venturing out as a physician entrepreneur, either in a cash-based practice or in other entrepreneurial businesses, such as writing books, teaching teleclasses, leading workshops, public speaking, or marrying our medical knowledge with some sort of creative expression.
At the end of the nine months, you will have learned how to practice a new type of medicine, gained business skills intended to help you succeed professionally, advanced your personal and spiritual growth, and found a tribe of forward-thinking doctors that are sure to be your friends and collaborative colleagues for life. Together, we can heal health care, but it will take a village committed to a grass roots effort. We need physicians like you at the helm to realize this vision. Are you the right physician to embark upon a program like this? If you’re at all intrigued, please keep reading.
Is Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training right for you?
Take this little pop quiz to find out.
- Do you feel called – the way a priest is called to the priesthood – to help others heal, transform, connect, love, create, succeed, and thrive, but you feel like your hands are tied in our broken health care system?
- Do you feel like your motivations for entering the field of medicine were pure, but you’ve been betrayed or violated by the system?
- Do you find yourself getting reprimanded by your office staff because your patients are coming to you not just for medical advice, but for life guidance – and it’s making you late for all your appointments?
- Do others tell you that you feel too much and should just buck up and stop being so compassionate?
- Do you find yourself drawn to one or more of these things – spirituality, animals, alternative forms of healing, art, music, craft-making, or other creative pursuits?
- Are you tired of following someone else’s rules, finding yourself attracted to the idea of setting your own hours, making your own rules, and starting something entrepreneurial?
- Have you read Lissa Rankin’s books or blogs, watched her public television special, or seen her speak live, and you hear this little voice in your head saying, “She’s talking right to ME! That’s what I believe too!”?
- Do you sense that something’s wrong with how we’re practicing medicine and you long to be part of the solution?
- Have you had a wake-up call with a health issue of your own – or that of a loved one – that changed everything for you, and now you want to use what you’ve learned from that experience to help patients?
- Do you have a tendency to over-give at the expense of your own health, happiness, sanity, and relationships, believing that to have true value in the world, you have to give until you’re depleted? Would you like to learn how to fill yourself first so you can more effectively help others heal?
- Are you tired of resenting the very patients you long to heal because they demand too much without accepting enough personal responsibility for their health?
- Does managed care medicine make you crazy because your quality time with patients has interfered with the sacredness of the doctor-patient relationship?
- Are you fed up with practicing medicine the way you were taught to practice it? Are you ready to liberate yourself from the broken health care system and open doors to a lucrative, fulfilling, revolutionary way to use your gifts?
- Would you relish a way to be well paid while spending more quality time with your patients?
- Do you know – just know - that there’s often more to chronic illness than just genetics or biochemistry?
- Are you interested in learning how to heal – not hex – your patients simply by changing your attitude and the language you use?
- Do you feel in your gut that patients would achieve better outcomes if they were more personally invested in their healing journey and accepted more responsibility for why they’re sick and how they might get better?
- Do you believe the body can be a compass – delivering messages in the form of physical symptoms meant to alert patients to imbalances in their personal, professional, and spiritual lives?
- Are you tired of feeling like the weight of healing a patient rests solely on your shoulders?
- Do you consider yourself a leader, but the state of health care has left you feeling like a helpless follower?
- Have you already left a conventional medical practice and now you’re trying to figure out what to do next?
- Do you consider yourself a spiritual person, and you sense that spirituality and health care should not be separated the way they have been?
- Are you committed to being a force for healing our broken health care system?
- Have you found yourself reading this invitation while feeling a strong, inexplicable pull to sign up for this program? (Seriously, MANY of our applicants report feeling this way. It doesn’t have to make sense. And no – you’re not crazy!)
If you answered at least one of these questions with a rousing “Hell yeah,” you’re one of us- the team of visionary physicians who will help transform health care from the inside out, though it’s possible you don’t feel so visionary quite yet. And that’s okay. The other Whole Health Medicine Institute doctors have all been where you might be now.
You were probably called to medicine because you have the heart of a healer, and you are part of a lineage of healers that predates conventional medicine by millennia. Yet our misguided system has threatened to dissociate you from this lineage and rob you of your calling, interfering with the sacred contract between you and your patients. Maybe you’re still in an insurance-based practice, feeling frustrated with having to see more and more patients just to barely cover your overhead costs, while you leave the office or hospital every day knowing you have so much more you could offer your patients, if only you had more time with them.
Or maybe you’ve escaped the system and hung out a shingle in a cash-based practice in order to have more quality time with your patients, but now you’re struggling to create a thriving practice amidst a stunted economy. Or perhaps you’ve even left medicine altogether because you were tired of selling out your health, happiness, or integrity in exchange for rising demands on your time and energy combined with plummeting reimbursement.
But what’s a responsible doctor to do?
We know how frustrating it can be to walk the visionary healer’s path, especially in the world of conventional medicine.
You feel like:
- You were called to medicine, but you worry that it must have been a big, fat mistake, because clearly, the way modern medicine is structured is no way to help patients really heal in a sustainable way.
- You’re surrounded by doctors, but you feel like a total misfit that nobody understands.
- You’re feeling pressured to conform to a “doctor box” that feels way too constricting for someone with as expansive a vision as you have.
- You’d love to escape the insurance-based health care system. You’re even tempted to leave medicine altogether. But you worry how you’ll pay the bills and fear taking such a huge leap of faith with no safety net.
- You’d love to use your gifts as a healer to spend up to an hour with your patients while getting well paid for your time. Maybe you’d even love to write books or help others via public speaking. But you have no clue where to start.
- You’re so exhausted from overwork that you have no clue how you’d muster up the energy to transform your career into something that fulfills rather than drains you.
- Everyone will think you’re crazy if you even consider doing something radical – like starting your own cash-based medical practice or quitting a job that’s making you miserable to do something you love.
- You’re trapped. You have a family, a mortgage, student loans, maybe even a medical malpractice tail you’d have to pay if you were to leave your current circumstances.
- Everyone resists the idea of you escaping from the status quo, or if you’ve already leaped, they think you’re nuts. Yet, deep down, you just know you’re meant for a different life other than the one you’ve been living.
- Health and spirituality have been divorced by our current health care system, but you sense that marrying the two would result in better health outcomes for your patients, as well as more peace for you as a doctor.
- You suspect that, with the right guidance, illness can be a vehicle for personal and spiritual awakening.
- You know, deep in your soul, that you were put here on this earth to help people remember that each human is imbued with a spark of divinity that makes us all precious and unique.
- You long to find a community of like-minded doctors who will remind you that you are never alone.
- You’re ready to expand how you practice medicine, and you’re looking for the right mentors to help you take a leap of faith.
- You want to stay in your conventional medical job, but you need help finding more meaning, fulfillment, and sense of connection with the calling that drew you to medicine in the first place.
- You know there’s more to life, and you’re ready to finally take a risk and claim a vital, fulfilling, abundant, joyful life for yourself.
If this sounds like you, you are SO not alone. Most of the teachers at the Whole Health Medicine Institute felt exactly the same way at one point in their careers. That’s why we’ve developed a 9 month training program just for physicians to teach you what pioneering mind-body medicine physicians like Bernie Siegel, Christiane Northrup, Larry Dossey, Rachel Naomi Remen, Pamela Wible, and Lissa Rankin, MD have learned, as well as what gifted teachers like life coach Martha Beck, and cell biologist Bruce Lipton have garnered from their risk-taking experiences.
Introducing Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute’s 2014 Physician Training
We designed this unique 9 month physician training program to offer you:
- The opportunity to learn a revolutionary new way to practice medicine so you can reclaim your calling, transform how you practice, have the option of either bringing more meaning to your conventional medical practice or leaving the conventional medical system to start your own entrepreneurial business, realign with your personal integrity, and free yourself
- A way to combine your skills as a doctor with communication techniques from psychotherapist Anne Davin, PhD so you can customize your practice style to suit your unique gifts and the needs of your patients
- Insight, personal and spiritual growth, and tools for bringing magic into your life and healing yourself so you can heal the world from NY Times bestselling author, O magazine columnist, and life coach Martha Beck, PhD and equine therapist Koelle Simpson
- Skills for using Dr. Lissa Rankin’s revolutionary new wellness model – the Whole Health Cairn – as a way to help patients radically heal not just their bodies, but their lives
- Tools you can use in your own clinical practice to help patients heal themselves
- Guidance with how to employ radical self-care - for yourself – so you can better serve your clients and serve as a model for them
- The information necessary to become a leader in the field of mind-body medicine
- A like-minded learning community of other physicians committed to Whole Health Medicine, healing health care, and supporting each other in your personal and spiritual growth, as well as in following your visionary physician dreams
- The business skills you’ll need in order to build a thriving entrepreneurial practice that includes not just seeing clients one-on-one, but growing your practice online, mastering social media, writing books, public speaking, and creating virtual programs that generate passive revenue (so you might earn money while sipping green juice on the beach!)
- The opportunity to transform your medical practice into an opportunity for emotional, personal, physical, and spiritual awakening, not just for your patients, but for yourself
You may have spent your whole life serving others at the expense of yourself, but now it is finally time to fill yourself first and fully step into your role as a healer so you can heal the world. This is YOUR time. The world needs you to bring your vision to life NOW.
You have a choice about how you live the rest of your life.
You can keep doing what we were trained to do as a doctor -
or you can step fully into what YOU were called here to do on earth.
Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training will accept 20 special physicians selected by application only. If you are selected as one of these 20 doctors, your commitment to showing up bodily, mentally, energetically, and spiritually are integral to your success. This program is not for someone who does things half-assed. You’ll be asked to commit revolutionary acts of greatness – and that’s not always easy.
This program is a commitment, on the part of you and your teachers. We are all entering into a sacred contract together that is capable of radically changing not just your medical practice, but your whole life.
But let’s be clear. It’s not going to be all roses and violets. We’re inviting you to step up to the plate as one of the leaders that will help transform our health care system – and with things as bad as they are in the health care system, the world needs you now. This program is dedicated to helping illuminate any limiting beliefs and self-sabotaging behaviors that might be holding you back from being the force of healing you know you’re meant to be.
In order to facilitate big change in our broken health care system – and in the way you interact with patients – we’re going to be asking big things of you – big, revolutionary things that may have felt too scary to embark upon alone or to achieve in the culture of our medical establishment. We’ll be asking you to consider radical acts of courage that may leave you feeling tempted to run for the hills.
But we ask that you trust the process and know that this learning community will be here, holding sacred space for you, guiding your path, trusting your journey, and empowering you to muster up the moxie it will require to become who we know you can be. You will not be alone in your attempt to accomplish these big goals. This program is designed to facilitate these changes, not just in how you practice medicine, but in how you show up in your life and in the world as a leader.
If you’re not ready to commit revolutionary acts of greatness and put 1,000% of your energy and resources towards committing to your visionary physician dreams, opening your mind and your heart to new ways of thinking and being, mustering up the courage to take a stand in a medical system that strives to keep you in step with the status quo, being willing to break out of your comfort zone, and stepping fully into being the doctor we KNOW you can become, you might as well stop reading now.
Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training Program is for Those Who are DONE…
We mean – DONE - with being stealth health care revolutionaries. This program is for those who are ready to lead the way NOW.
This program is right for you if you know there’s a divine spark within you – and you can see a similar spark within your patients, but you know how easily it gets clouded with fear, anxiety, and ultimately, illness. You know you have big work to do in this world, and you long to be part of the solution in health care, rather than grinding away, practicing medicine in a way you just know doesn’t optimize what you have to offer your patients.
But you also know you haven’t been able to achieve it alone. You need a team of like-minded physicians to help you blaze new trails and link arms with you as you become the change you long to see in the world.
This program is for physicians who are READY – really ready – to step fully into the life they’re meant to create, in service to the people who are just waiting for you to show up and lead them to a better life.
Whole Health Medicine Institute Class of 2013 Physician Testimonials
“The Whole Health Medicine Institute came into my life at just the right moment. I felt the familiar pressures in my medical practice to see more patients, meet budget, document every move, yet keep the integrity of comprehensive and compassionate care for my patients. It was exhausting. I asked to be shown what I was doing to deplete not only my energy, but also my soul. Lissa, the five-star faculty, and fifteen other doctors of the WHMI fulfilled that wish. They taught, encouraged, and embodied deep self-inquiry, self-reflection, and self-care. These often forgotten actions, I now know, are fundamental to becoming a fully actualized physician, leader and human being. No place have I found such an innovative and intuitively designed program. Nowhere have I found such kinship of like-minded souls. Each one of them benevolently challenged my limiting beliefs and allowed me to defy the rules with grace. I have since resigned from my current position as a hospital employed physician, ready to create my dream practice aligned with my ideals and live life in fullest expression. Truly, I am honored to be among this new generation of visionary physicians at cause to heal patients, communities, health care and humanity one person at a time. I am forever grateful to Lissa and the WHMI for breaking open my heart and mind to possibility.” Kay Corpus, MD
“When I heard about Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute, I thought: “Great! Here’s someone who ‘gets’ the problems in medicine today.” Being exposed to such great thought leaders as Rachel Naomi Remen and Martha Beck has been priceless. As a full time surgeon participating in the inaugural year of the Whole Health Medicine Institute, my resolve to continue on my personal quest of the past three years: helping doctors so they can stay in medicine and remember why they went into medicine in the first place, has been strengthened and magnified. My book and webpage by the same name http://www.lovemedicineagain.com
is a testament to that.” Starla Fitch, MD
“I feel grateful for my time with the WHMI. Dr. Lissa Rankin truly has a gift for finding amazing and compassionate teachers. She also has pure intentions to heal the healthcare system. I signed up for a professional transformation and ended up with unexpected deep personal growth within a community of like minded physicians.” Sarah Lord, MD
“Through Whole Health Medicine Institute, Dr Lissa Rankin has connected brilliant coaches, powerful faculty and an amazing group of physicians destined to be thought leaders in the brave new paradigm of true medicine. I found the experience to be healing, challenging, intellectually stimulating, and profoundly inspiring. Our group developed strong bonds that form a synergistic support network that transcends our geography and clinical practices.” Susan M. Mathison, MD
“The WHMI Visionary Physician program is unlike any other training I have ever been a part of. In addition to having the benefit of learning from Lissa Rankin MD, Martha Beck, PhD, Rachel Naomi Remen, MD, Christiane Northrup, MD and other luminaries in the field of progressive medicine, the personal growth that is offered in this program is unparalleled. I saw myself and my fellow physicians become leaders seemingly overnight. We are all transformed by this experience and looking forward to expanded careers in clinical and non-clinical medicine. The teachings in Mind Over Medicine, allowed me to take my practice to the next level and the strategic sessions opened my eyes to new ways to serve as a medical doctor in the broadest sense. I highly recommend this program to any physician who is ready to grow into their full potential, whether caring for individual patients or healing the world.” Susan Ortiz, MD
*** We will only be accepting 20 visionary physicians ***
Why did we decide to train 20 Visionary Physicians?
Whole Health Medicine Institute Founder Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Story
When I took a leap of faith and left my stable, lucrative, and unfulfilling job as a full time physician in a busy managed care OB/GYN practice, I knew I was called to be a healer, but practicing medicine that way was sucking my soul dry. Seeing 40 patients a day – often double booked in 15 minute slots – just wasn’t what I was called to do. At the end of every day, I felt depleted, not just because I was exhausted from working 36 hour shifts every fourth night and 72 hour call shifts every few weekends, but because I knew I had so much more to offer my patients. But I didn’t know how to navigate the restrictions of the system in order to serve in the way my heart longed to serve.
On top of all that, by the time I was 33, I was twice-divorced, I was taking seven pharmaceuticals that weren’t working for a host of chronic health conditions that plagued me, and I couldn’t remember the last time I had really laughed or felt vital. I fantasized about how “normal” people lived and dreamed of one day being happy – maybe after I retired at 65.
Then my Perfect Storm hit. I gave birth to my daughter by C-section, my dog died, my brother wound up in the ICU in full blown liver failure as a side effect from the Zithromax he was taking for a sinus infection, and my beloved father (also a physician) died from metastatic melanoma.
Six months later, when I was just starting to breathe again, my husband (husband #3, I’m embarrassed to say), who was the stay home daddy for our newborn, cut two fingers off his hand with a table saw and couldn’t care for our daughter.
All hell broke loose. I wound up asking myself, “If I knew I had only three months left to live – the way my father did – would I be doing what I’m doing now?” My answer was a resounding “Hell no!” And this realization changed everything.
When I asked myself the first thing I would change, I was horrified to realize the first thing I would do if I found out I was dying was to quit my job. But I couldn’t do that! I had a newborn, an unemployed husband, two mortgages, and a boatload of debt. But when I searched my soul, I kept coming up with the same answer. I couldn’t keep selling out my happiness or professional integrity in exchange for the security my job provided. So I took a huge leap of faith and quit my job.
Leaving my conventional medical practice was a huge risk. We had to sell our house, liquidate our retirement account, and move to the country in order to afford to pay the medical malpractice tail I had to cough up in order to buy my freedom. But what choice did I have? I couldn’t keep selling out my health or happiness. And I just wasn’t willing to keep slogging away for the next thirty years until one day, I could finally start living.
So I leaped. I spent two years painting, writing, and living off credit cards, during what I came to call my “waiting and becoming” years. It wasn’t easy. I was terrified most of the time, and the people who loved me thought I had officially lost it. I had to protect myself with a mostly artificial bubble of supposed “fearlessness.” But deep down, I was plagued with self-doubt, and the Gremlins of fear chattered away incessantly.
Yet, somehow, deep down, a seed of truth had taken root, and I knew I could never go back. The roots of my future had started digging into the soil, and I could only move forward, in spite of all evidence that the path I was blazing was more of a cautionary tale than an inspiration.
I almost bailed and ran back to the hospital, tail between my legs, dozens of times during this “waiting and becoming” time. I was falling deeper and deeper into debt, and the recruiters were calling incessantly like the devil, tempting me to betray my intuition and move to Podunk, Nowhere, in exchange for half a million dollars a year. But everything in my heart screamed, “No! There’s something else you’re supposed to do, if only you’ll trust.” I had to tap into something deep and quiet within, something essentially true, a voice I hadn’t heard clearly for years, one I ultimately came to call my “Inner Pilot Light.”
My Inner Pilot Light helped me keep repairing the chinks in my “fearless” bubble, and it encouraged me to trust that I was on the right path, even though I didn’t know where I was going. During this scary, growth-filled, and wildly spiritual time, I rediscovered my calling and crystallized my vision – to help people heal, connect, and thrive, not just in their physical health, but in all aspects of their lives.
I also got clear on the message I wanted to help spread in the world. As a physician, I knew it wasn’t enough to treat only the biochemical elements of a healthy lifestyle. Sure, diet, exercise, a good night’s sleep, and taking your vitamins are key to a healthy life. But if you’re in an abusive marriage, you hate your job, you feel spiritually disconnected, you feel creatively thwarted, you can’t stand where you live, and you haven’t found your supportive community, no drug, surgery, supplement, or diet plan is going to save you. I came to believe that the body is a mirror of how we live our lives. By digging deep into the medical literature for proof of what I was coming to believe, I found evidence that our bodies sometimes have the power to enable spontaneous remissions from seemingly “incurable” diseases when we change our beliefs and how we think about our health while doing whatever it takes to bring our bodies into harmony with what is true in our relationships, our professional lives, our creative lives, our sex lives, our environment, our financial lives, and more. This realization felt profoundly important to me – and I wanted the world to know it.
What ensued was a burning desire to create a revolution in health care, to change how we think about health and healing, and to start a grass roots campaign to shift the paradigm of modern medicine. I started spreading my ideas, first on my blog, then in my book Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself, my public television special Heal Yourself: Mind Over Medicine, the film The Cure Is, three widely viewed TEDx talks, and from stages across the country.
But here’s the kicker. As I was spreading these ideas, I started getting hundreds of emails from patients across the globe asking where they can find physicians who embrace similar ideas about health. But I didn’t know where to refer these patients. I know many wonderful functional medicine and integrative medicine doctors, but even still, these ways of practicing, while so much more holistic than managed care practice models, are still largely biochemically-based allopathic models. Even functional and integrative medicine philosophies, such as those taught in Dr. Andrew Weil’s Integrative Medicine fellowship, often focus primarily on supplements, herbal treatments, natural medicine, and alternative medicine treatments such as acupuncture or homeopathy. I support any treatment modality a patient believes will help, so I’m a big fan of all these modalities. But I think even the most alternative treatments are insufficient if the health care provider isn’t also addressing other mind-body-spirit factors that are just as important to your health – not just whether your hormones are in balance or whether you’re taking the right supplements, but whether you’re healthy in your relationships, your professional life, your spiritual life, and so forth.
I finally came to realize I needed to develop a training program to teach what I’ve learned so I could certify physicians to practice Whole Health Medicine and then refer patients to these physicians when I’m asked by the many patients who seek my guidance every day. In my book Mind Over Medicine, I make it very clear to readers that the body is equipped with natural self-repair mechanisms, but that these self-healing processes must be facilitated by someone trained to help the patient navigate the journey, while simultaneously utilizing the best of what modern medicine has to offer.
This is where you come in as a visionary physician. Not only do I need help caring for all the patients interested in being treated in this way. (I’m no longer seeing patients, so I need doctors I can refer to!) But I’m also on a mission to help heal health care, and it’s going to take a village to bring my dream into reality. I’m looking for the other physician leaders who have also realized what is missing from modern medicine and share my vision, longing to help health care reclaim its heart, return to a patient-centered approach, and expand what it means to be “healthy.”
Are you one of those doctors?
Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training is by APPLICATION ONLY.
To be considered as one of the 20 physicians that will be selected for this 9 month program:
FIRST… please read this whole letter so you are clear as to whether this program is a good fit for you and HOW this process will benefit you. We know it’s long, but it is important that you read the whole invitation.
THEN… complete the Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training Application and email it back to email@example.com.
While requesting an application does not commit you to this program, it does express your interest and ensure that you have the opportunity to be considered for acceptance.
We know that, as a physician, you’re supremely busy, so forgive us for asking you to take the time to go through this screening process. Please understand, it’s for a good reason. Not only do we want to ascertain your commitment to this program; we also want to make sure we’ll be pairing you with 19 other carefully screened physicians who will be medicine for each other. We also want to make sure we’ll be meeting your individual needs with this program. It’s a way for all of us to ensure we’re a good fit for a program as intensive as this one.
Each application will be carefully reviewed, and if it looks like you may be a potential match, the Whole Health Medicine Institute’s program manager will set up a personal interview on the telephone for you with Lissa Rankin, MD and psychotherapist Anne Davin, PhD, so they can get a feel for your needs and desires, you can ask them questions, and we can all make sure the program is what you really need in order to achieve the specific goals you desire.
It’s critical that you make sure this is the right program for you – and we also need to make sure you’re the right physician for this program.
How will we know if you’re right for this program?
We’ll give you some hints. The ideal applicant will demonstrate:
- Shared interest in the mission to help heal health care
- An open, curious mind willing to examine and question the paradigm of what we’ve been taught by the medical establishment
- A willingness to lean into your own personal and spiritual growth so you can heal yourself first in order to more effectively help others
- Personal insight into any Axis 1 or Axis 2 diagnoses you might have and how those mental health diagnoses might affect the group dynamic
- A curiosity about integrating modern medicine with communication techniques and an expanded definition of what it means to be “healthy”
- Freedom from the kind of “victim” mentality that can leave you feeling helpless, rather than empowered and proactive about transforming your life and your way of being in service
- Commitment to the time this program will require without undue stress
- Commitment to the financial investment necessary without undue stress
What we don’t expect:
- You do not have to be actively practicing as a physician, although we will be asking you for a medical license to ensure that you are, indeed, a physician.
- You do not have to live or practice in the United States. We anticipate receiving applications from physicians in other countries – we even encourage this! How wonderful if our group of 20 doctors come from diverse backgrounds, with wide-ranging life and professional experiences.
- The 2013 class wound up being all women, but we encourage open-hearted, open-minded, Divinely masculine men to apply as well.
- Although you will be provided information that will can used to develop unconventional entrepreneurial ways to use your medical expertise, we certainly don’t expect you to quit your stable hospital or office job. In fact, we hope you’ll stay in the system if that’s your path! What you learn in this program will make you a much better doctor, no matter how or where you ultimately practice.
- You will not be expected to be on the teleclasses live. The only mandatory live part of the program is the two in person workshops. The teleclasses can be completed at your own pace – so physicians working full time will still have time to participate in the required trainings at your convenience, even if you have a busy, full-time job.
- This program in no way dismisses or negates conventional medicine. We are not anti-drug, anti-surgery, or anti-hospital. The reason we are training physicians is because we believe we can best serve patients with a combined approach of conventional medicine and mind-body or integrative approaches to optimal health.
Once you are selected as one of the 20 physicians, we’ll process your payment and get you all the details so you can get your travel arrangements made for the first of the two in-person retreats.
*** Remember, we’re only accepting a MAXIMUM of 20 physicians so each of you will get very personalized attention during this program ***
Praise for Lissa Rankin, M.D., and Mind Over Medicine
“Dr. Lissa Rankin’s role in reminding doctors of our ancient lineage as healers is heart-opening, life-changing, and what medicine is really all about. I applaud her and highly recommend her work. What a pleasure it is to see the next generation of physicians waking up to what I call real medicine – the kind that acknowledges our true power to heal and be well.”
Christiane Northrup, M.D., OB/GYN Physician and author of the New York Times bestsellers: Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause
“Medical training needs to provide not just medical information about disease and drugs, but a true education about caring for people and what they are experiencing. It also needs to prepare doctors for what they will experience when truly caring for people and not just treating a disease. There is a big difference between detached concern and rational caring. Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute training program helps to provide doctors with what is needed in order to give up the delusion that we are medical deities so we can remember who we are as doctors.”
Bernie Siegel, M.D., author of Love, Medicine & Miracles
“Lissa Rankin, MD clearly states what many health care providers (not to mention patients) already know: the way our society’s physicians are trained, pressured, and overworked is in many ways inimical to the process of healing. In her life, her work, and her words, Dr. Rankin demonstrates a new way to combine the brilliance of modern science with the wisdom of the heart. Anyone who will ever need a doctor, and certainly anyone who will ever be a doctor, will be enriched and enlightened by her ideas. Just reading MIND OVER MEDICINE is a genuinely healing experience.”
Martha Beck, Ph.D., author of Finding Your Way in A Wild New World
“Body and spirit are twins: God only knows which is which,’ Swinburne wisely said more than a century ago. But for most of the twentieth century, the body has hogged the show. Now consciousness, mind, and spirit are back in center stage in medicine. In Mind Over Medicine, Dr. Lissa Rankin shows why. This is a compelling, clear, and reader-friendly vision of where medicine and healing are headed, written by an expert medical insider who’s been there. Buy two copies—one for you and one for your doctor.”
Larry Dossey, M.D., author of Reinventing Medicine, Healing Words and The One Mind
We know you’re really investing in RESULTS
You want to know that your medical practice, your business – and your life – will be transformed by this program, right? So how will the Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training change everything for you?
TAKE BACK MEDICINE, YOUR WAY
PROFESSIONAL RESULTS (How this program will grow your medical practice or visionary business)
- Inclusion in a community of like-minded physicians committed to lifting each other up and bringing their visions to life, who will be your mastermind buddies and who may become JV partners, affiliates, sources of referrals, and contributors to your business
- Practical guidance on how to encourage patients to stop turning over responsibility for their health and wellness to doctors so they can play a more active role in the healing process
- Tips for how to apply the Whole Health Cairn wellness model as a way to counsel patients back to optimal health in all aspects of their lives
- How to help patients reduce “stress responses” in the body and activate the “relaxation responses” that are necessary for the body’s innate self-healing mechanisms to kick in, thereby increasing your patients’ chances of spontaneous remission
- How to hold sacred, loving space for patients as they navigate illness (it’s the best bedside manner training you’ll ever get!)
- How to facilitate a 6 step process intended to help patients heal themselves
- Enjoy the personal and professional joy of watching chronically ill patients transform their lives
- Tips for integrating medicine and spirituality without getting all “churchy” on your patients or alienating those with different beliefs
- Marketing tips that will equip you to transition to a cash-pay practice if you’re working in the managed care model and dream of getting out
- Tools for how to turn your visionary physician dreams into a fulfilling and lucrative entrepreneurial business
- Information on how to for create a medical business that lets you set your hours, choose how much vacation time you get, and potentially, work from anywhere you have a phone or a computer
- The option of becoming a certified Whole Health Medicine Institute physician, which qualifies you to be listed on Lissa’s websites
- An exploration of ways you can spend more time with your patients, reduce administrative hassles, and connect with your patients on a satisfying and meaningful soul level
- Tips for getting in touch with your physician’s intuition
- If Certified, the opportunity to get paid to train physicians and other health care providers in the teachings you will be taught at the Whole Health Medicine Institute
- How to master social media as a way to attract your tribe, find patients, and spread your message
- Tools for moving your business online so you can start generating passive revenue and stop exclusively trading dollars for hours (it’s so awesome to see money just show up in your PayPal account!)
- Guidance on how to transform your visionary physician ideas into publishable books, online courses, coaching programs, and other fulfilling and lucrative ways to expand your business outside the hospital or office
- For those choosing to stay in a managed care model of medicine, completion of this program will lead to greater patient satisfaction, greater personal satisfaction, better patient outcomes, and a reconnection with the meaning of your work
- Tips for writing a book proposal, finding the right way to publish your book, and launching it into the world
- Access to the wisdom and teachings of pioneers in the fields of mind-body medicine and life coaching
- Greater job satisfaction – finding meaning in your job as a physician and reclaiming your sense of mission and purpose
- The potential for freedom from an increasingly dysfunctional medical system and liberation from the frustrations inherent in feeling like you’re at the mercy of the powers that be
PERSONAL & SPIRITUAL RESULTS (How this program will benefit your personal growth, your soul, and your relationships)
- A chance to finally rest, reconnect, commune, and nourish yourself after years of exhaustion
- Support with healing from the traumas we endure during our medical education and medical practices
- Nurturing care while we learn to take down the armor we’ve built around our hearts as an adaptive part of our training
- Gentle, supportive insight into the “blind spots” that tend to leave you creating and re-creating your own suffering
- Guidance with getting out of your own way, identifying limiting, self-sabotaging beliefs, and overcoming fear, anxiety, and worry so you can step into your visionary physician dreams
- A deeper connection to your “Inner Pilot Light” (that 100% authentic, inner healer, always-lit, never-extinguished, freak-flag-flying spark of the Divine within you)
- Help overcoming the “Savior Complex” that plagues most physicians and leads us to over-give
- Assistance with learning that, in order to truly heal the world, you must stop depleting yourself and fill yourself first
- Tools for tapping into co-creative energy in service to your vision
- Guidance with learning Martha Beck’s “4 Technologies of Magic” as a more feminine way to bring into being whatever we desire – whether we’re bending spoons, calling in the whales, or helping patients heal
- Opening up a clear channel between you and a Higher Power
- Skills for noticing and interpreting Signs From the Universe
- The gift of surrender (being able to set goals but release attachment to outcomes and trust the process, especially when it comes to helping patients deal with illness)
- How to make peace with death
- Skills for dissociating from the fears that hold you back
- Freedom to feel the fear and do it anyway
- Peace while taking leaps of faith
- Building trust that whatever happens, with your patients and in your life, is for the highest good and does not equal failure
- Meditations to help you bolster aspects of your whole health
- Tips for how to recognize when you may be barking out orders, not just in the hospital, but at home (Uh oh!)
- The courage to free yourself from emotional vampires who suck you dry and may threaten to hold you back from your visionary physician dreams
- Tools for being more authentic in your relationships and your business
- Skills for keeping your heart open, even in the face of the serial heartbreak that accompanies being a doctor (or just being a human being)
- Skills for modeling a wholly healthy life for your loved ones, especially if you have children
- The ability to see others with “Magical Eyes” (seeing past the masks we all wear to witness the whole, healed, perfect spirit of a person – which is the most healing gift you can give any individual)
PHYSICAL HEALTH RESULTS (How this program will benefit your personal health)
- In this program, you will have a chance to be the patient – even if you’re not sick – so you can be a better doctor!
- Gain insight into what it’s like for patients to go through the vulnerable, transformational process you will be guiding them through
- Assess your own Whole Health Cairn
- Reconnect with your physical body and the wisdom of what its signals are telling you (many doctors have disconnected from the somatic self – we’re walking cerebrums who have numbed out, which unplugs us from the body’s innate intuition)
- Feel greater sensory awareness (finely tune your body compass – and yes, even enjoy better sex!)
- Diagnose any underlying root causes of illnesses or health challenges in your own life
- Craft “The Prescription” for yourself. Uncover what is out of balance in your life – and how can you optimize your own personal health.
- Learn how to decrease stress responses in your own body and activate more relaxation responses as both preventative health and treatment
- Watch your own health improve – and convince yourself that these processes really work!
- Learn how to triple your energy so you have the stamina to achieve your visionary physician dreams
MENTAL HEALTH RESULTS (How this program will leave you with a happier, healthier mind)
- Fully experience your emotions again (yes, medicine tends to disconnect us from the richness of our emotional experience. And yes, when you cut off sadness, you cut off joy. Watch yourself wake up and feel the richness and aliveness of your feelings!)
- Open the heart you may have closed in order to protect yourself from the pain of loss inherent in medicine
- Let more love, tenderness, and softness into your life
- Discover how balancing your Whole Health Cairn leaves you feeling happier, less irritable, and more aligned with your authentic self
- Free yourself from fear, depression, and anxiety
- Appreciate the ability to feel whatever you feel – happy, sad, angry, frustrated, blissful, melancholy – so the feelings can pass through you without getting stuck and potentially causing illness
- Free yourself from circular thoughts that spiral you down
Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training Program is a 9 Month Commitment Beginning March 3, 2014
What Will The Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training Include?
FILL YOURSELF FIRST: A 4 Day “Heal The Healer” Intensive Workshop With LISSA RANKIN, O magazine columnist, New York Times bestselling author, and life coach MARTHA BECK, psychotherapist ANNE DAVIN, and equine therapist KOELLE SIMPSON
The Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training will launch off with a 4 day, hands-on, jump-right-in workshop intended to introduce you to your teachers and physician colleagues while also reminding you that, in order to heal others, you must heal yourself first. In this workshop, you can expect to:
- Begin to heal – from the depths of your soul – those traumas and heart-closing years of medical school and residency
- Open your heart, which may have shut down as a result of navigating the broken health care system
- Reconnect with the magic of what it means to be a healer
- Start the 9 month gestation that will heal your heartbreak, open you back up to joy, fundamentally change how you practice medicine, and give you new life
- Do some “horse whispering,” guided by master equine therapist Koelle Simpson on Martha Beck’s ranch, with the intention of learning the subtleties and nuances of how you communicate with others (so you can illuminate these patterns, and if necessary, shift them to healthier ones)
- Learn how other people and animals read your “energy-” along with what you can do to modulate this energy transmission and make it a force for healing
- Practice Martha Beck’s “4 Technologies of Magic” and learn how to incorporate them into your life and your practice
- Tap into the spiritual realm that will make you the best doctor possible
- Develop relationships with other doctors who’ve actually experienced what you’ve experienced
- Learn to trust the wisdom of your intuition, which will guide your life and your practice
- Set clear intentions about what you hope to garner from the program, so you can take steps towards manifesting your visionary physician dreams
- Laugh – a lot!
The “Heal The Healer” Workshop will take place March 6-9, 2014 between Martha Beck’s ranch in San Luis Obispo, California and the Dolphin Bay Resort in nearby Pismo Beach.
Your tuition for Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training includes:
- Workshop tuition
- 3 nights in a shared premier ocean view suite at the Dolphin Bay Resort (you will have your own private bedroom and bathroom but share a kitchen and living room)
- Breakfast & lunch on Friday and Saturday, as well as breakfast on Sunday
- Transportation between the Dolphin Bay Resort and Martha Beck’s ranch
You will be responsible for:
- Transportation to Pismo Beach (the closest airport is San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, but you can also fly into Santa Maria, Santa Barbara, or even LAX, though you will need to rent a car if you fly into these airports)
- Dinner on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights during the workshop
NOTE: Location and Date Subject to Change
2, 60-minute ORIENTATION & WRAP UP CONFERENCE CALLS to Welcome You and Close the course with Lissa Rankin, MD and Anne Davin, PhD
- Welcome & Orientation: Monday, March 3 12:00 pm Pacific Time
- Wrap Up & Closing: Wednesday, November 19, 10:00 am Pacific Time
NOTE: Location and Date Subject to Change
16 TELECLASSES THAT ARE 90-MINUTES EACH with Lissa
Rankin MD, Anne Davin PhD & Guest Speakers as listed
Whole Health Medicine Institute Curriculum
The education you will experience at the Institute falls under three pillars- “Heal The Healer,” which is a personal/spiritual transformative growth process, “Business Development,” which is aimed at helping you add value to your “whole health practice” so you might have the option of using your medical expertise as part of an entrepreneurial venture, and “Core Curriculum,” where you will be taught tools that will help you build a richer, more satisfying, more patient-centered doctor-patient relationship. Most of the “Heal The Healer” curriculum will occur during the two live retreats.
Classes will include 60 minutes of content and 30 minutes of Question & Answer. Classes will be held live, but all classes will also be recorded so you can participate when your schedule permits. You will be responsible for the cost of calling into the US-based conference call line. For international callers, we invite you to try Skype to minimize costs. All teleclasses take place on Wednesdays at 10:00 am PT on the following dates:
Module 1: March 12, Introduction To Mind Over Medicine
This module introduces you to the mind-body-spirit perspective we will be teaching in detail during this program, while dismantling some of the deeply held beliefs you may have been taught during your medical education. This also serves as an introduction to the Whole Health Medicine Institute and lays the framework for what you will experience and learn, reinforcing the value that adding this kind of perspective to your medical world view adds.
Module 2: March 26, How To Craft Your Dream Practice, Guest Speaker Pamela Wible, MD
The “Business Development” module introduces options you might wish to consider for expanding your medical practice to include unconventional practice styles, such as cash-based brick and mortar medical practices where you can spend more time with patients, a phone/Skype “coaching” practice, writing books or blogs, teaching teleclasses, leading workshops, public speaking, etc. Some students of the Institute may be perfectly content to stay in conventional insurance-based practices, but may wish to launch an unconventional entrepreneurial business on the side. This module, which is designed to support the motivated self-starter, helps you start “dreaming and scheming” about how you might fully embrace your calling, think outside the medical box, and create the professional life you LOVE.
Module 3: April 9, How To Use The Whole Health Cairn
The Whole Health Cairn, a wellness model that was introduced in Mind Over Medicine, serves as the foundation of the perspective you will be taught at the Institute. You will be given practical tools to teach you how to help patients access the Cairn as part of their healing journey. You will also be expected to work through your own Whole Health Cairn with your “study buddy” partner, and you will be leading your “study buddy” through the process as a way to practice the tools you will be taught. As such, this module falls under both “Core Curriculum” and “Heal the Healer.”
Module 4: April 23, Building Your Whole Health Practice Part I: Platform Building, Social Media, & Blogging
This “Business Development” module delves into more detail about how to get your visionary message out into the world via Twitter, Facebook, blogging, Vlogging, free teleclasses, and other tools for building the platform you will need if you wish to market an unconventional entrepreneurial medical business. During this class, you will have the opportunity to pick Lissa’s brain about how she built the platform that allows her to successfully publish books, sell teleclasses, fill workshops, and run high end, platinum-based coaching practices.
Module 5: May 14, You Are Not A Victim Of Your Genes, Guest Speaker Bruce Lipton, PhD
This “Core Curriculum” module focuses on dispelling myths about genetic determinism that you may have been taught during your medical education and proves to you that you and your patients are not victims of their genes. Bruce Lipton will be sharing the findings of his research, which were published in his bestselling book The Biology Of Belief. You will learn how to help your patients improve their health outcomes by shifting their conscious and subconscious beliefs from self-defeating, fatalistic “I am a victim of my genes” thinking to optimistic thoughts that can affect how our DNA expresses itself in vivo.
Module 6: May 21, Building Your Whole Health Practice Part II: Spreading Your Vision, Writing Books, Public Speaking, Marketing & More
This “Business Development” module focuses on alternative ways to spread your message in the world beyond a conventional brick and mortar practice. We will be discussing issues like whether to self-publish or seek a conventional publisher for your book, how to optimize your chance of being asked to get on stage to share your message, and how to write a sales letter to sell your online products. You will be given the opportunity to pick Lissa’s brain about how she has put these skills into practice in her business.
Module 7: June 17, The Six Steps To Healing Yourself Part I: Steps 1-2
*Please note: This Tele-class is TUESDAY, June 17 10:00 – 11:30am PT
This “Core Curriculum” module teaches Step 1 (Believe you can get well) and Step 2 (Find the right support) of the 6 Steps To Healing Yourself. You will be instructed on how to facilitate a patient’s process as the patient works through these first two steps. You will also be meeting with your “study buddy” both to work through these steps yourself and to facilitate your study buddy’s process as practice for what you will do with patients.
Module 8: June 25, The Placebo & Nocebo Effect
This “Core Curriculum” module focuses on how a combination of positive belief and nurturing care can heal not just the mind, but also the physiology of the body. You will be taught the science proving that the placebo effect and its evil twin, the nocebo effect, are not only real, but that their effects are reproducible even without sugar pills. You will also be taught the scientific mechanism by which a combination of positive belief and nurturing care improves health outcomes, while negative belief and poor bedside manner negatively affect health outcomes. As preparation for this module, you will be given an unpublished chapter that was cut from Mind Over Medicine, and a discussion will ensue about the ethics of using placebos in clinical medicine.
Module 9: July 9, The Six Steps to Healing Yourself Part II: Steps 3-4
This “Core Curriculum” module focuses on Step 3 (Listen to your intuition and trust your body’s wisdom) and Step 4 (Diagnose the root cause of your illness) of the 6 Steps to Healing Yourself. You will be given tools to help facilitate these steps with your patients and will be given the opportunity to practice these tools with your “study buddy.”
Module 10: July 23, The Body As A Compass, Guest Speaker Steve Sisgold
This module blends “Core Curriculum” with “Heal The Healer,” as guest teacher Steve Sisgold, author of What’s Your Body Telling You?, teaches you how to use your body as a compass, guiding your decision-making, both as a doctor and as a patient. Steve’s work also focuses on how our bodies store limiting, self-sabotaging beliefs, and how even if we change our minds, our bodies may betray us unless we release these beliefs from the body. Steve teaches practical tools you can use on yourself, which will also be helpful when you work with patients. You will have the opportunity to practice these tools with your study buddy.
Module 11: Aug 6, The Six Steps To Healing Yourself: Steps 5-6, Guest Speaker Tosha Silver
This “Core Curriculum” module focuses on Step 5 (Write Your Own Prescription) and Step 6 (Surrender attachment to outcomes) of the 6 Steps to Healing Yourself. You will be given tools to help facilitate these steps with your patients and will be given the opportunity to practice these tools with your “study buddy.” Guest teacher Tosha Silver, author of Outrageous Openness, will teach how Step 6 should really be Step 1. Her teaching focuses on the “how to” of surrender, so we can help our patients do everything within their power to achieve optimal health outcomes, but ultimately, we are not in control, and neither are our patients. In addition to teaching our patients how to create a patient-centered action plan (The Prescription), it is also our responsibility as true healers to guide our patients spiritually and help them learn to let the Divine take the lead in their own lives.
Module 12: Aug 20, Shamanic Perspectives on Healing, Guest Speaker Martin Prechtel
As Western medical doctors, we could learn a thing or two from the traditional healers of indigenous cultures. This is a “Core Curriculum” module in which you will be taught shamanic perspectives on healing that may inform your practice with patients.
Module 13: Sept 3, Visionary Physician Leadership & Certification
This “Business Development” module focuses on the role you will play in revolutionizing our health care system. You will be taught a feminine approach to leadership (this is not about gender, guys!) that will instruct you in how you might show up in leadership positions that empower those you lead, rather than suppressing them. We will also be discussing the optional certification process in order to facilitate your decision-making about whether or not you wish to become a Certified Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician.
Module 14: Sept 17, Finding Meaning In Medicine, Guest Speaker Rachel Naomi Remen, MD
This “Heal The Healer” module focuses on how to let medicine doctor YOU by reclaiming the lineage of the true healer and changing the eyes through which you view your relationship with medicine and with your patients. Rachel Naomi Remen, author of the bestselling Kitchen Table Wisdom, will be leading you through an exercise designed to help you get back in touch with your calling and to recommit to the medical life in a way that is authentic, in alignment with your true ethics, and in agreement with your soul.
Module 15: Oct 1, Love, Medicine & Miracles, Guest Speaker Bernie Siegel, MD
This “Core Curriculum” module focuses on how to help patients be “exceptional patients.” Bernie Siegel, author of the bestselling Love, Medicine & Miracles, will share what he has learned after decades of working with cancer patients about how to help patients achieve the best outcome possible.
Module 16: Oct 15, Change the World of Healthcare, Guest Speaker Larry Dossey, MD
This “Core Curriculum” and “Business Development” module focuses on what we as a collective need to do in order to heal our broken health care system. What needs to change externally in the system? What needs to change internally within doctors and patients? What leadership role will you play in being part of the change? Larry Dossey, author of the bestselling Healing Words, proposes what he calls “Era 3 medicine,” and will teach us how we might adopt this evolved perspective in order to become better doctors, transform health care, and step into our roles as leaders of this revolution.
4, BONUS TELECLASSES THAT ARE 90-MINUTES EACH taught entirely by expert instructors. Dates and instructors coming soon where not listed.
Food As Medicine, Wed, April 30 10:00-11:30am PT with Tricia Barrett and Lissa Rankin, MD
You will be instructed on specific ways food can be used as medicine, especially for patients with cancer, inflammatory-based health conditions, autoimmune disorders, and other chronic illnesses, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and obesity. Patients are hungry for doctors that will make them hungry for foods that will aid in the healing process. The module will teach you how to facilitate the “food as medicine” transformation many patients desire.
A Survey Of Complementary & Alternative Medicine (CAM), Tuesday, April 15 10:00–11:30am PT with Aviva Romm, MD
Depending on whose statistics you trust, somewhere between 38-76% of patients are using complementary and alternative medicine, yet most doctors are not trained to participate as respectful partners with CAM providers. While this module doesn’t teach you to practice any particular CAM modality, it offers you an introduction so you have a sense of who you might refer to in an integrative practice, as well as giving you an opportunity to get a feel for any CAM practice you might wish to become trained to practice as an integrative doctor.
Introduction To Bio-Identical Hormones, Wed, Sept 24, 10:00-11:30am PT with Sara Gottfried, MD
Many patients are seeking doctors equipped to prescribe bio-identical thyroid, adrenal, or sex hormones, yet few doctors are trained how to effectively meet the expectations of what patients desire based on what they are reading in the popular self-help literature. This module offers a survey of bio-identical hormones, including practical tips on how doctors might add the use of bio-identical hormones to their practices as a way to add additional value to a cash-based or insurance-based practice.
Integrative & Functional Medicine, Wed, Aug 27, 10:00-11:30am PT with Rachel Carlton Abrams, MD
Patients frustrated with overworked, insurance- based doctors are increasingly seeking cash-based physicians skilled in practicing “integrative,” “functional,” or “holistic” medicine. Yet what does that really mean? This module focuses on clarifying what physicians might offer beyond what patients have come to expect of their insurance-based health care providers. A survey of what physicians who label themselves as “integrative” or “functional” might offer will be taught so doctors interested in these modalities might get a sense of where they desire to seek further education.
NOTE: Location and Date Subject to Change
3 Communication Skills TELECLASS PRACTICUMS THAT ARE 90-MINUTES EACH with Anne Davin, PhD
90 MINUTES EACH with Anne Davin, PhD designed to teach you communication skills, which you will have the opportunity to practice, with guidance from your instructor. Although these practicums will be recorded, you must be there live in order to receive feedback from your instructor. You will be responsible for the cost of calling into the US-based conference call line. For international callers, we invite you to try Skype to minimize costs. All classes will take place on Wednesdays at 10:00 am Pacific Time.
- Communication Skills – Part 1, March 19
- Communication Skills – Part 2, April 16
- Communication Skills – Part 3, May 28
NOTE: Location and Date Subject to Change
5 GROUP COACHING CALLS THAT ARE 60-MINUTES EACH with Lissa Rankin, MD & Anne Davin, PhD
60 MINUTES EACH with Lissa Rankin, MD & Anne Davin, PhD designed to provide personalized coaching in a group format to deepen and expand your learning of course content and material. You will be responsible for the cost of calling into the US-based conference call line. For international callers, we invite you to try Skype to minimize costs. All classes will take place on Wednesdays at 10:00 am Pacific Time.
- Group Coaching Call 1: May 7
- Group Coaching Call 2: August 13
- Group Coaching Call 3: September 10
- Group Coaching Call 4: October 8
- Group Coaching Call 5: November 5
NOTE: Location and Date Subject to Change
HEAL THE WORLD: A 4-Day Leadership Training with Lissa Rankin, MD, Anne Davin, PhD and Guest Teacher/s, designed to encourage you to step fully into your power as a leader in revolutionizing health care in your own unique way.
The “Heal The World” workshop will take place on October 23-26, 2014 at Asilomar – a beautiful rustic refuge by the sea on 107 acres of protected beachfront land on the world-famous Monterey Peninsula in Pacific Grove, California.
This live workshop is focused on leadership and is designed to:
- Inspire and encourage you
- Give you the chance to participate in a facilitated mastermind so you can share your business ideas with other visionary physicians and receive guidance and feedback from your teachers and fellow physicians
- Help you address and overcome any fears that may be holding you back
- Remove any barriers that might keep you from taking your rightful place in a leadership role – in whatever you’re called to do on this earth
- Reflect back to you your leadership strengths and how you might more fully step into your role as a leader
- Facilitate conversation about how what we’ve all learned collectively can be harnessed as a force for change in your individual business and in our collective health care system
The “Heal The World” workshop will take place on the following dates October 23-26, 2014 at Asilomar – a beautiful rustic refuge by the sea on 107 acres of protected beachfront land on the world-famous Monterey Peninsula in Pacific Grove, California.
Your Whole Health Medicine Institute tuition includes:
- Workshop tuition
- 3 nights accommodations in a dual occupancy room (singles are available for an additional fee)
- Dinner on Thursday night. Breakfast, lunch and dinner on Friday and Saturday. Breakfast and lunch on Sunday
Your Whole Health Medicine Institute tuition does not include:
- Transportation to and from Pacific Grove, California (there is an airport in Monterey that is 8 miles away and has 28 flights daily from San Francisco, LAX, Phoenix, Denver, San Diego, and Las Vegas airports on American, United, US Air, Alaska and Allegiant Air. San Jose International Airport is 65 miles away, (1 hour 20 minute drive). San Francisco International Airport is 126 miles away (2 hour drive) and a short 20 minute flight on United airlines into the Monterey Airport. You will need to rent a car if you fly into San Jose or San Francisco or another alternative is the Monterey Airbus which offers reserved ‘non-stop’ shuttle airport transfers from both San Francisco and San Jose International Airports to the Asilomar door for approximately $50 each way. If you fly into the Monterey Peninsula Airport you’ll need to travel by taxi to Asilomar.
- You may want to stay an optional additional day to explore this beautiful beachfront land at your own expense
NOTE: Location and Date Subject to Change
2 each 60-minute ONE-ON-ONE PHONE OR SKYPE MENTORING SESSION with Lissa Rankin, MD
There may be some issues you’ll want to address privately with Lissa. These sessions, the first scheduled early in the program with the second scheduled later, will give Lissa the opportunity to know each of you personally so she can offer you individualized guidance towards your personal and professional goals. If you live in the San Francisco Bay area or will be traveling to this area, you will have the option to do this session with Lissa in-person.
* One-on-one sessions with Lissa Rankin, MD are not available outside the Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training and Lissa’s VIP Platinum Mentoring Program, so this is a rare and valuable opportunity to tap Lissa’s knowledge, expertise, experience, strategic business planning guidance, and personal and spiritual coaching skills in a way that can be customized to your individual needs.
A WHOLE HEALTH MEDICINE INSTITUTE WORKBOOK
This workbook is given at the end of the program and will contain the exercises, forms, and other essential materials from the 9-month training that you can use with your patients.
WHOLE HEALTH MEDICINE INSTITUTE BOOK CLUB
A COPY OF LISSA RANKIN’S New York Times Bestselling book MIND OVER MEDICINE: SCIENTIFIC PROOF THAT YOU CAN HEAL YOURSELF
This book will be your primary text book and will serve as the focal point for some of what you will be trained to do.
Access to the not yet published versions of LISSA RANKIN’S 2 Upcoming Books- her spiritual self-help memoir THE ANATOMY OF A CALLING and the follow up to MIND OVER MEDICINE, THE FEAR CURE: CULTIVATING COURAGE AS MEDICINE FOR THE BODY, MIND & SOUL
Your tuition includes 2 additional books hand-picked by your teachers, which will be shipped to you.
WHOLE HEALTH MEDICINE INSTITUTE FORUM: Inclusion in this program will grant you access to a private forum where you can engage with other participants in the program.
Going through a program like this transforms your life, and when you’re going through a transformational experience, you’ll want to share it with others who get it. On this forum, you’ll have a chance to share your thoughts, brainstorm ideas, voice challenges you’re facing, offer feedback, network with like-minded physicians, and post questions we’ll discuss on the live calls.
EMAIL ACCESS TO LISSA RANKIN, MD
In this program, Lissa wants to hear from you. Although Lissa is busy and may have to place limits on email interactions, you will definitely be invited to share your thoughts, process your visionary ideas, contribute your wisdom, and be a part of the collective creation of a transformational way to practice medicine.
BONUS #1: FIND YOUR CALLING with Martha Beck, Lissa Rankin & Amy Ahlers ($297 value)
When it launches, this online program will be available to participants in the Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training program. Dates are to be determined but typically this course is offered in September and October.
BONUS #2: Visionary Ignition Switch: Fire Up Your Message, Money & Meaning in the World with Lissa Rankin & Amy Ahlers ($997 value)
This 8 week webinar program is co-taught by Lissa Rankin and Amy Ahlers (along with expert interviews with Firestarters Danielle LaPorte & Linda Siversten, President of Hay House Reid Tracy, Tribal Author Jonathan Fields, Crazy Sexy Kris Carr, Author & Speaker Arielle Ford, Expert Speaker Lisa Nichols, EFT Guru Nick Ortner, Entrepreneur Extraordinnaire Ryan Lee, Facebook Expert Rosh Khan, Master Coach Alexis Neely, and Financial Whiz Barbara Stanny.)
This program teaches you ALL the details you’ll need to:
- Grow your “platform”
- Network like a genius with other visionaries
- Score a killer book deal or make the right decision for you about self-publishing
- Launch your book to the stratosphere regardless of how you decide to publish
- Rock the stage
- Monetize your vision with online programs that generate passive revenue
- Transform your one-on-one business into platinum offerings that will fulfill you on a deep level, while also bringing in some serious income
- Change your mindset so you can think and act like a millionaire
Armed with this business school for visionaries program, you’ll have everything you need to get started in your visionary physician business.
OPTIONAL WHOLE HEALTH MEDICINE INSTITUTE PHYSICIAN TRAINING CERTIFICATION:
Some of you will want to experience the Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training as a personal and professional growth experience designed to increase job satisfaction, improve patient outcomes, and optimize your personal health and happiness. But some of you will be going through this program as a way to prepare you for an entrepreneurial Whole Health Medicine business.
If you are applying for this program primarily as a personal growth experience, going through the certification process may not be necessary for you. But if you’re also applying for this program as a professional growth experience you may be interested in completing the optional certification process. This certification grants you the opportunity to be listed as a Lissa Rankin-endorsed referral on the Whole Health Medicine Institute website, which will be linked to from LissaRankin.com, HealHealthCareNow.com, and MindOverMedicineBook.com.
If you’re interested in becoming certified after your training, you will have the option to become a Certified Whole Health Medicine Physician. This process includes:
- Documentation of 10 patient/client hours
- A written assignment utilizing the 6 Steps to Healing
- A communication skills assessment test with a Whole Health Medicine Institute trainer
The Whole Health Medicine certification process is designed to assess your interpersonal skills and test your knowledge of the Whole Health Medicine Institute tools. Those we certify will be held to the highest standards and may require additional training if criteria for certification aren’t met. Once you’ve completed the certification process, you’ll know that you are a Certified Whole Health Medicine Physician – and so will we! Certification is optional and is not automatic or guaranteed.
All physicians who are granted certification will receive:
- The Certified Whole Health Medicine Physician seal to place on marketing materials and your website.
- A Certified Whole Health Medicine Physician listing on Lissa Rankin’s website.
- 10% discount on Lissa Rankin’s future online programs
- And more (we’re always noodling new cool things to offer those we certify)
The certification fee is $249 and is payable at the time you choose to become certified.
This certification is mandatory if you are interested in being considered as a trainer for future Whole Health Medicine Institute training programs for physicians or other health care providers.
Why Get Certified?
- You want to grow a cash-pay business. In Mind Over Medicine, Lissa’s public television special, the documentary The Cure Is…, Lissa’s TEDx talks and other public speeches, and many blog posts, patients are strongly encouraged to find a physician trained to facilitate the self-healing process.
- You want to ensure that you’ve fully integrated what you’ve learned. By undergoing the certification process, you will receive validation that you have mastered the skills necessary to successfully facilitate the self-healing process, while integrating it with your medical background.
- You want the cache of being affiliated with Lissa Rankin and the Whole Health Medicine Institute. With hundreds of thousands of blog and book readers, TEDx talk viewers, PBS viewers, and social media followers, Lissa’s reach and reputation lends value to your business.
- You’re interested in being considered as a Whole Health Medicine Institute trainer. As a certified graduate of this program, you will qualify to be considered as a trainer for physicians or other non-physician health care providers who might be certified in the future. If you’re ready to step fully into your leadership role and generate revenue while spreading what you’ve learned and being a force for healing health care, certification will give you this option if the Institute is hiring trainers in the future.
Why Is Certification Not Included In This Program?
- When we surveyed physicians, we discovered that physicians are motivated to get trained at the Whole Health Medicine Institute for a variety of reasons. Some physicians are motivated to undergo this training for personal reasons. Others simply want to learn new tools they will incorporate into an existing successful medical practice within the conventional medical system. Still others are looking for ways to escape the conventional medical system. We figured there’s no point asking those who are doing this for personal growth reasons or those who are not seeking referrals to undergo the process of certification. So we’ve made certification optional.
Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute
2014 Guest Teachers
Rachel Carlton Abrams, MD is Board Certified in Family Medicine and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Family Practice. She is also Board Certified in Holistic Medicine and a member of the American Holistic Medical Association. She has published two books on Taoism, holistic health and sexuality, The Multi-Orgasmic Woman and The Multi-Orgasmic Couple. She teaches workshops regularly at the Chi Center and at Esalen Institute in Big Sur, California. She has trained with Mantak Chia, a Taoist Master, and is a certified Healing Love instructor in the Universal Tao system. Rachel loves the ocean and the redwoods and spends as much time as possible in each. She enjoys cycling, coaches and plays volleyball, and loves to travel and cook. Most importantly, she is happily married and the mother of three fabulous children, all residing in Santa Cruz, CA.
Martha Beck is a writer and “life coach” who specializes in helping people design satisfying and meaningful life experiences. She worked as a research associate at Harvard Business School, studying career paths and life-course changes in today’s economic and social environment. She has published academic books and articles on a variety of social science and business topics.
Her non-academic books include the New York Times bestsellers Expecting Adam and Leaving the Saints, as well as Finding Your Own North Star: Claiming the Life You Were Meant to Live and her newest book, Steering by Starlight. Dr. Beck has also been a contributing editor for many popular magazines, including Real Simple and Redbook, and is currently a columnist for O, the Oprah Magazine. Dr. Beck lives in Phoenix, Arizona, with her family.
Anne Davin, PhD is a licensed psychotherapist and executive leadership coach whose 25 years of clinical and organizational psychology expertise guides and informs her work at Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute. She received a Doctorate in Depth Psychology (which is the study of the soul) from Pacifica Graduate Institute, where she also taught as adjunct faculty. Her dissertation research, was inspired by her life as a young wife marrying into Taos Pueblo a Native American tribe, and focused on the role of psyche and culture in the marginalized voice of the feminine. She is the past Director of Alcohol and other Drug Studies program for the University of California, Santa Barbara Extension and continues to provide training and clinical supervision for university psychology programs, Marriage and Family Therapist interns, and volunteer crisis workers. Presently, Anne directs the nation’s largest comprehensive systems change project for the California State Department of Education, making her particularly well suited to help facilitate systems change in the realm of health care. Anne resides in Marin County where she also maintains a private counseling and coaching practice for local and international clients.
Larry Dossey, MD is a former internist and chief of staff of Medical City Dallas Hospital and former co-chair of the Panel on Mind/Body Interventions, National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, National Institutes of Health. He is the executive editor of Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing and the author of ten books on the role of consciousness and spirituality in healing, including the New York Times bestseller Healing Worlds: The Power of Prayer and the Practice of Medicine. Dr. Dossey lives in Santa Fe with his wife, award-winning author Barbara Montgomery Dossey, Ph.D., R.N.
Sara Gottfried, MD is a wife, mother to two incredible girls (ages 8 and 13), friend, scholar, seeker, yoga teacher, Harvard-trained MD with 20+ years of experience, and author of the New York Times bestselling book, The Hormone Cure.
Bruce H. Lipton, PhD is an internationally recognized leader in bridging science and spirit. Stem cell biologist, bestselling author of The Biology of Belief and recipient of the 2009 Goi Peace Award. Dr. Lipton lectures to conventional and complementary medical professionals and lay audiences about leading-edge science and how it dovetails with mind-body medicine and spiritual principles
Martin Pretchel, A master of eloquence and innovative language, Martín Prechtel is a leading thinker, writer and teacher whose work, both written and oral, hopes to promote the subtlety, irony and pre-modern vitality hidden in any living language. As a half blood Native American with a Pueblo Indian upbringing, his life took him from New Mexico to the village of Santiago Atitlan, Guatemala. There becoming a full village member of the Tzutujil Mayan population, he eventually served as a principal in that body of village leaders responsible for instructing the young people in the meanings of their ancient stories through the rituals of adult rights of passage. Once again residing in his native New Mexico, Martín teaches at his international school Bolad’s Kitchen. Through story, music, ritual and writing, Martín helps people in many lands to retain their diversity while remembering their own sense of place in the daily sacred through the search for the Indigenous Soul. He is the author of: Stealing Benefacio’s Roses; The Disobedience of the Daughter of the Sun: Ecstasy and Time; Long Life, Honey in the Heart; and Secrets of the Talking Jaguar.
Rachel Naomi Remen, MD is a Clinical Professor of Family and Community Medicine at the University of California San Francisco School of Medicine and Founder and Director of the Institute for the Study of Health and Illness at Commonweal. She is one of the pioneers of Integrative Medicine and Relationship Centered Care. As a clinician she was a therapist to EOL people and their families for more than 30 years. Dr. Remen is the Founder and Director of The Healer’s Art curriculum for medical students, which is now taught in more than half of American Medical schools and medical schools in 7 countries abroad. Through her CME/BRN programs, Dr. Remen has enabled thousands of physicians to recover a sense of passion, calling and meaning in their work. She is co-founder and medical director of the Commonweal Cancer Help Retreat Program, one of the first integrative care support groups for cancer patients in America, featured in the groundbreaking 1993 Bill Moyer’s PBS series Healing and the Mind. Dr. Remen’s bestselling books Kitchen Table Wisdom: Stories that Heal and My Grandfather’s Blessings: Stories of Strength, Refuge and Belonging have over a million copies in print and have been published in 22 languages. Dr. Remen has a 60-year personal history of Crohn’s disease, and brings the unique perspective of both physician and patient to her work.
Dr. Aviva Romm is the mother of four grown children, a Yale-trained physician specializing in integrative medicine for women and children, a midwife, an herbalist, an award-winning author, and the creator/owner of WomanWise, on-line courses dedicated to vitality and optimal health for women and children. An internationally respected expert in botanical and integrative medicine for women and children, she has spent nearly 30 years as a health care practitioner and advocate for the health and environmental concerns of women and kids.
Bernie Siegel, MD is a retired general/pediatric surgeon who is now involved in humanizing medical care and medical education. In 1978, he originated Exceptional Cancer Patients (ECaP), a specific form of individual and group therapy. He is the author of Love, Medicine & Miracles; Peace, Love & Healing; How to Live Between Office Visits; Prescriptions for Living; and Help Me to Heal (with Yosaif August). Bernie and his wife, Bobbie, live in Connecticut and have five children and eight grandchildren. Bernie embraces a philosophy of living and dying that stands at the forefront of the ethical and spiritual issues our society and medical care grapple with today.
Tosha Silver is the author of Outrageous Openness: Letting the Divine Take the Lead, and the new Make Me Your Own: Poems to the Divine Beloved.
Koelle Simpson is a life coach and horse whisperer, offering a new perspective on communication and trust development. Her mission in life is to help others rebuild trust in themselves as well as in their relationships with others and as a result unleash the powerful leader with in each of us. Koelle safely guides clients in a magical experience with horses teaching individuals to establish their own authentic leadership, the keys to over coming fears and developing trust, and a unique insight to your communication skills.
Steve Sisgold is as an author, speaker, trainer and executive coach Steve has taught thousands how to use their innate body intelligence to create better health, prosperity and richer personal and business relationships.
He has appeared on major radio and TV shows including PBS and Oprah radio and blogs for Psychology Today. As a stress management and peak performance expert, he presently does Keynote Speaking, on and off site Trainings, and is a Personal Coach.
Pamela Wible, MD i
s a family physician born into a family of physicians. Her parents warned her not to pursue medicine. She followed her heart only to discover that to heal her patients she had to first heal her profession. So she led a series of town hall meetings inviting citizens to design the clinic of their dreams. Celebrated since 2005, Wibleʼs pioneering model has sparked a populist movement that has inspired Americans to create ideal clinics and hospitals nationwide.
Dr. Wible is author of Pet Goats & Pap Smears: 101 Medical Adventures to Open Your Heart & Mind. She is also coauthor of two award-winning anthologies: Goddess Shift: Women Leading for a Change with Michelle Obama and Oprah Winfrey and Optimism: Cultivating the Magic Quality that Can Extend Your Lifespan, Boost Your Energy, and Make You Happy Now with Jimmy Carter, Steve Jobs and other visionaries. Her model is featured in the Harvard School of Public Healthʼs newest edition of Renegotiating Health Care: Resolving Conflict to Build Collaboration, a textbook examining major trends with the potential to change the dynamics of health care.
Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute
Past Guest Teachers
Douglas Carlton Abrams has been in publishing for over two decades. Before founding Idea Architects in 2000, he was a Senior Editor at Harper Collins and prior to that at the University of California Press. He has edited and agented many award-winning and popular books on subjects from personal growth to political commentary. In addition, he served as Vice-President & Editorial Director for JustGive.org, a leading philanthropy website. He is the author of a number of bestselling books, including books with Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Yogacharya B.K.S. Iyengar, and Taoist Master Mantak Chia. He also writes novels, including The Lost Diary of Don Juan, and Eye of the Whale. He lives with his wife, Rachel and their three children in Santa Cruz, California
is a master life coach and writer who’s on a mission to help people find their own unique version of living the wild life with faith and passion.
Christiane Northrup, MD is a visionary pioneer and the world’s leading authority in the field of women’s health and wellness. Dr. Northrup is a leading proponent of medicine that acknowledges the unity of mind, body, emotions, and spirit. Internationally known for her empowering approach to women’s health and wellness, Dr. Northrup teaches women how to thrive at every stage of life. Following a career as a practicing physician in obstetrics and
gynecology for over 25 years, Dr. Northrup has dedicated her life to inspiring women to flourish. She encourages women to create health on all levels by tuning into their inner wisdom. Dr. Northrup is the author of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause.
Jon Rasmussen is a full-time Shaman, Advisor, and Author of the book, Dreaming Your World Into Being: The Shaman’s Secrets to Having the Life You Desire Now, the CDs Practical Meditations for the Modern Lifestyle and Shamanic Journeys to Empower Your Life. Jon regularly conducts private individual, couples, and group shamanic healing sessions at his office in Monterey, and at the Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur, CA and Cavallo Point Lodge in Sausalito, CA. He offers group and corporate seminars and sessions on a regular basis in San Francisco, Orange County, and Los Angeles areas in California and the East Coast. In addition, he is available for private and phone consultations nationally and internationally.
Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training Program
Is ONLY Right For You If:
- You’re seeking a MORE MEANINGFUL, more nurturing, more healing way to interact with others
- You’re not fully satisfied with how health care is being delivered and received, and you at least feel a nudge towards BEING A LEADER in the quest to revolutionize health care
- You’re curious about how you might CRAFT A UNIQUE CAREER PATH for yourself that opens doors, opens minds, generates financial abundance, and helps a whole lot of people
- You’re willing to be brave enough to do the same sort of PERSONAL AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH WORK you’ll be asking your patients to do
- You’re ready to commit to a radical way to combine MIND-BODY MEDICINE PRACTICES, COMMUNICATION SKILLS, & CONVENTIONAL MEDICINE
- You’re ready to be FIERCE about FOLLOWING YOUR INTUITION, TRUSTING YOUR HEALING SUPERPOWERS, AND TAKING ACTION towards achieving your visionary physician goals, even if the path you find yourself on may feel scary at times (in a giddy, butterflies-in-your-stomach, exciting way)
- You are willing to be DECISIVE, SEEK (AND SPEAK) YOUR TRUTH, and CLAIM what you want out of this one wild and precious life
- You’re willing and able to FULLY commit to your own professional and personal growth. You will not achieve the results we know are possible for you unless you show up fully, ask for support when you need it, and follow through on the actions steps you’ll help co-create.
- You’re willing to be OPEN-MINDED, OPEN-HEARTED, and TRY NEW IDEAS and experiences that will help you grow.
- You have a BIG DREAM for the kind of radically vital life you wish to manifest and you’re interested in helping others achieve the same sorts of big dreams.
You do NOT need to already have a clear idea of HOW to achieve what you desire, either personally or professionally. You merely have to know – just know - that you’re done settling for how most doctors spend their careers and lives. You have to have a strong desire to change the rules, make a difference, and help people transform not just their health, but their lives. You have to be ready to play bigger than you ever have so far.
This program is for visionary physicians who are tired of the status quo, are ready for change, are sick of playing small, and are 1,000% committed to bringing into the world what yearns to be born.
(Yes, we’re talking about you!)
If You Are Accepted As One Of The 20 Physicians In Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training:
Your Commitment Includes:
- Reading this invitation (all the way through!), requesting the application, filling out the application, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember, we will be offering interviews as soon as we get the first qualified application, and this program will be filled on a first come, first served basis. As soon as we have accepted 20 physicians into the program, we’ll have to say no to other applicants for this round of the program. We filled the 2013 class very quickly, so please, if you know this is right for you, get your application in right away!
- Being present at the two in-person workshops at the beginning and end of the program. Attendance at these live events is mandatory, so if you suspect you’ll be unable to attend, please save a spot for someone who will be able to be present.
- Participating in all teleclasses either by joining us LIVE or by listening in after the calls have been recorded.
- Completing 9 required individual counseling or coaching sessions with a provider of your choice that meets our selection criteria
- Showing up for your fellow visionary physicians during this program and being willing to accept each other, unconditionally and without judgment.
- Maintaining confidentiality with your fellow visionary physicians, as we will be revealing personal experiences that are critical to our own personal, professional, and spiritual growth.
- Confirming your scheduled one-on-one session with Lissa Rankin once received.
- Having a clear intention, topic or goal you hope to achieve for your one-on-one session.
- Refraining from multi-tasking during classes and workshops.
- Letting us know about any personal situations that may interfere with your training.
- Being accountable for your choices and actions.
- Being willing to take risks, try new things, and stretch beyond your current experience.
- Being responsible for your own results, which includes proactively asking for support, using your program benefits, and communicating along the way if you’re not achieving or experiencing what you hoped you would.
- Honoring your investment and the expectations you are making in yourself by handling any situations that may take you away from your experience, being patient with yourself, and resting when necessary to periodically “catch up.”
- Honoring your relationship with your teachers (when you tell us the truth and we tell you the truth, we can go deeper, heal quicker, and unleash your true potential.)
- Being gentle and compassionate with yourself. This program is not designed as an excuse for you to beat yourself up. You will have the opportunity to go at your own pace, do what you can, when you can, and learn what you’re here to learn in a way that allows you to experience ease and grace. (While you will be learning a lot about medicine, this is definitely NOT medical school. We will be maintaining a trauma-free zone!)
Our Commitment To You Includes:
- Offering you the highest quality education, with the best mind-body medicine teachers on the planet.
- Doing whatever it takes to ensure that you understand and assimilate what you’re learning in order to apply it to patient care and/or your visionary business.
- Maintaining the highest level of confidentiality. You can honestly tell your teachers ANYTHING. We won’t even tell our pets.
- Passionately believing in you and your ability to achieve your visionary physician dreams.
- Showing up fully, in service to any needs of yours that might arise.
- Allowing you to be unapologetically authentic, in all aspects of your life.
- Holding you accountable to the wisdom and brilliance of your Inner Pilot Light, even when you may not feel the warmth of your own radiance.
- Being in integrity at all times.
- Holding high standards for you and helping you to resolve and move beyond whatever is not in alignment with your brilliance.
- Holding equally high standards for ourselves, so we can be the leaders you deserve.
- Being kind, patient, and loving with you and your progress so that you know you always have a safe place to express where you are, what you’re experiencing, and who you are.
- Providing accountability, the same way you will be providing accountability to your patients.
- Knowing that, no matter what, you are whole, perfect, healed, and connected to Source, and that anything is possible for you, no matter how many obstacles you may anticipate.
- Caring deeply about you, your success, your relationships, your health, and your life.
- Trusting that all is happening as it should for you, in divine timing, in accordance with the highest good.
Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training Tuition
The investment for this profound, life-altering program is $24,997, but you can save $5,000 by paying $19,997 in full upon acceptance into the program.
Payment Plan 1: $19,997 is due immediately upon acceptance.
Payment Plan 2 (Monthly payment): $6,997 non-refundable deposit immediately upon acceptance, then six monthly payments of $3,000 on the 10th of each month, starting March 10, 2014.
Optional Certification: This separate fee of $249 is paid at the time of actual certification if you so choose to become certified.)
Simply indicate on your contract the plan that works for you, and we will take care of the rest.
“BUT WOW! THAT’S A LOT OF MONEY AND I’VE ALREADY INVESTED SO MUCH!”
Yes. We know you’ve spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on your medical education already. We also remember how scary it was to invest in a dream you can’t guarantee will come to fruition. Most of your teachers at the Whole Health Medicine Institute took huge personal, professional, and financial risks to get where we are professionally. Most of us also invested hundreds of thousands of dollars building our visionary physician businesses.
We also know that sometimes The Universe tests us to see whether we’re really, truly, 100% IN. If your Inner Pilot Light just knows this is the next step for you, taking a leap of faith like this can be your way of telling The Universe you’ll do whatever it takes to realize your vision, even if it feels like a huge stretch.
Keep in mind that because of the nature of what you will learn in this program, you can expect a return on your investment that has the possibility not only to lead to revenue generation for your business, but also to teach you tools to continue generating revenue beyond when this program ends so that your visionary physician business becomes a sustainable source of revenue generation.
Commitment and Termination
The Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training program is a NINE MONTH commitment. If for any reason you choose not to continue – or you stop participating – you will continue to be liable for the fees of this program.
This kind of program is a powerful transformational process and at times, you may feel “up against a wall,” as if your visionary dreams are not happening or something isn’t working. This is often a perfect sign that you are releasing obstacles and overcoming limiting beliefs. Our request is that any and all concerns with regard to these kinds of feelings be addressed with your teachers so we can do our best to meet your needs. When brought to light, we can use these feelings as an opportunity to deal with any blocks that are coming to light so we can go deeper. Working together, we will make sure your needs are met.
This is your chance!
At the Whole Health Medicine Institute, we are passionate about YOU, the well-being of YOUR PATIENTS, your RADICAL, VITAL, VISIONARY LIFE, and YOUR professional success – no matter what!
What does the wisdom of your intuition tell you? Is this Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training opportunity right for you, your body, your mind, your heart, your soul, your spirit, and your business?
Only you know the answer, but I can promise you this. No other program combines this kind of education from the pioneers in the fields of mind-body medicine and life coaching into one comprehensive training program. There is also no other program that combines the life and professional experience of visionaries with the medical expertise of physicians, the knowledge of successful business men and women, and the guidance of experienced coaches who are ready to help you achieve REVOLUTIONARY VISIONARY SUCCESS as a doctor, so you can skyrocket to the stratosphere, in your own unique way, in both your personal and professional life.
THIS IS YOUR TIME!
Close your eyes, take a breath, and tap into the wisdom of your wise self. Ask yourself what is best for you, but be aware of how your fears start butting in with lies like “You’re not good enough,” “You don’t deserve this,” “You can’t afford it,” “You don’t have the time,” “This won’t work for you,” “People will think you’re crazy,” “You’re not ready for this yet,” “You’re not really a leader,” and other evil nothings. This is simply The Gremlin’s way of getting in your way and keeping you stuck, when the world is your oyster, we need you to step into your power, and this is the time.
Trust us, as visionaries, we know how scary choosing to do something like this can feel. It takes courage to GO FOR IT. We remember the quivering in our stomachs as we stood at the edge of that cliff and looked down into the abyss – then screaming “GERONIMO!” just as we discovered that not only were we not falling – we were FLYING!
**Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute Physician Training program is strictly limited to only 20 spots, and these spots will be filled quickly. **
We know it feels overwhelming to think that any of us could have the power to truly heal ourselves, much less to heal health care, when the system is so broken. But as Margaret Mead said, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”
The world needs us to step up to the plate, and as Dr. Larry Dossey recently told Lissa, “The time is now.”
If your inner knowing is whispering, “YES! THIS IS WHAT I NEED!” then the next step is easy. Just email email@example.com to request an application, complete, sign, and scan the application now and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications will be considered in the order in which they are received, on a first come, first served basis. The application process includes a screening interview, so once your application is reviewed and your screening interview is completed, we will choose the 20 visionary physicians in the order in which they qualify and complete the application process. (Note: If your schedule doesn’t permit a screening interview, but you’re 1000% in, we may opt to bypass this step depending on the contents of your application.)
(Note: To ensure the integrity of this process, not everyone who applies will be accepted. For the sake of everyone who participates, it is MISSION CRITICAL to ensure that every physician selected for this program is a good fit.)
These next 9 months have the power to change your life – and those of the patients you serve – forever, but only if you take the brave first step and request and complete your application today.
Is this right for you? Aren’t you ready?
With love and faith in your journey,